Author Topic: GOP 'very close' on an immigration deal, says Kevin McCarthy  (Read 490 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP 'very close' on an immigration deal, says Kevin McCarthy
by Pete Kasperowicz
 | May 30, 2018 07:35 AM

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., predicted Wednesday that Republicans would be able to avoid votes on a series of immigration bills supported by Democrats, and instead should be able to agree on a GOP-supported bill.

Some moderate Republicans are working with Democrats to gather a majority and force a House vote on several immigration measures. But GOP leaders are working furiously to avoid that outcome, and McCarthy said letting it happen would essentially give control of the floor to Democrats.

"I never believed in what is called a discharge petition," he said on Fox News of the effort to do an end run around GOP leaders. "If you go and sign that, which all the Democrats will and just a few Republicans, it turns the floor over to Nancy Pelosi."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/gop-very-close-on-an-immigration-deal-says-kevin-mccarthy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: GOP 'very close' on an immigration deal, says Kevin McCarthy
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 09:53:25 pm »
If Kevin allows those who did not apply for citizenship to remain here, then he will not be the next Speaker.

I will then be ashamed I voted for him when he ran for office to replace Bill Thomas. the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 10:32:51 pm »
If Kevin allows those who did not apply for citizenship to remain here, then he will not be the next Speaker.

I will then be ashamed I voted for him when he ran for office to replace Bill Thomas. the chairman of the Ways and Means Committee.

I hope you're right.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 03:23:38 am »
Don't trust McCarthy, he's a pod person!