Author Topic: Put the can down  (Read 370 times)

rangerrebew

Put the can down
« on: May 30, 2018, 12:24:28 pm »

Put the can down
Sugary sodas linked again to increased heart troubles and risk of dying.

By: Serena Gordon, HealthDay

April 14, 2018

Would that ice cold soda be as tempting if you knew that it might shorten your life?

New research found that adults over 45 who drank an average of 24 ounces or more of sugar-sweetened beverages every day had more than double the risk of dying from heart disease over a 6-year study period than those who averaged an ounce or less of sugar-sweetened beverages daily.

The researchers also looked at the effect of sugary foods on the risk of dying, but there didn’t seem to be an impact on premature death risk.

https://healthbeat.spectrumhealth.org/put-the-can-down-sugary-soda-increased-heart-risks/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Put the can down
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:48:42 pm »
Only 12 oz a day so I am safe.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 12:53:37 pm »
I should be good.  I don't drink sodas.  Never have.  My parents didn't have them in the house and I never got the habit.  One of the many good things my parents did for me in the categories of health and diet.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 02:41:22 pm »
Increased heart troubles because they put on weight? Sodas are sugar bombs alright.  Still, I'm just observing, I have a soda too fairly often but I'm trying to eliminate or cut down on them.