Author Topic: Jeff Bezos Saves 'The Expanse,' Lays Out Vision for Human Space Colonies  (Read 1134 times)

Online kevindavis007

LOS ANGELES — Before laying out his ambitious plan for humanity's future in space, Amazon and Blue Origin founder Jeff Bezos had a bit of news to deliver during a gala dinner Friday night (May 25).

"During dinner, 10 minutes ago, I just got word that 'The Expanse' was saved," he said, referring to the futuristic space television series that was canceled by Syfy. Fans had urged Amazon Studios, which owns the U.S. streaming rights, to pick up the show for another season; the efforts included celebrity endorsements and even a banner flying over the company's headquarters.

Attendees filling the ballroom erupted in thunderous applause as a table full of "The Expanse" cast and crew members cheered and hugged one another. This was the first official announcement of the pickup.

Read More: http://www.isn-news.net/2018/05/jeff-bezos-saves-expanse-lays-out.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 11:29:19 pm by kevindavis »
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They cancelled the original Star Trek much too early. Now, they are trying to do the same thing with Expanse. Glad to hear attempts to cancel it failed. It is a quality show with a compelling story. Who knows? Maybe it will run for 10 seasons.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online kevindavis007

They cancelled the original Star Trek much too early. Now, they are trying to do the same thing with Expanse. Glad to hear attempts to cancel it failed. It is a quality show with a compelling story. Who knows? Maybe it will run for 10 seasons.

Personally I think we are going to see the end of the SyFy channel. They have a habit of doing crap like did. I'm glad that Amazon save The Expanse. It is one of the best SciFi shows that I have ever seen in my lifetime and I doubt we could see show like this every again.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Personally I think we are going to see the end of the SyFy channel. They have a habit of doing crap like did. I'm glad that Amazon save The Expanse. It is one of the best SciFi shows that I have ever seen in my lifetime and I doubt we could see show like this every again.

Yea. Maybe. I personally hardly ever watch the SyFy channel. They are more of a horror genre than science fiction these days. Nothing on that channel that interests me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
I agree with you all -- "The Expanse" is really well done.  My husband says the original novels are supposed to be great, too.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.