Author Topic: MITT ROMNEY Goes on NBC to Slam Trump: He Is Not a Role Model – President Departs “from the truth” (  (Read 2075 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MITT ROMNEY Goes on NBC to Slam Trump: He Is Not a Role Model – President Departs “from the truth” (VIDEO)
Jim Hoft by Jim Hoft May 29, 2018

It’s safe to say we know what Mitt Romney will be like as a US Senator.
He’s a #NeverTrumper to the core.

On Tuesday Mitt Romney went on NBC to slam Republican President Donald Trump.
The Washington Times reported:

Mitt Romney said Tuesday that President Trump is not the role model he would want for his grandchildren.

“I don’t think I would point to the president as a role model for my grandkids on the basis of his personal style. He has departed in some cases from the truth, and has attacked in a way that I think is not entirely appropriate,” Mr. Romney said to NBC News.

The former Republican presidential candidate is running for the Republican Senate nomination in Utah. The seat will be vacated by longtime Sen. Orrin Hatch.

Mr. Romney said there are policy points he and Mr. Trump agree on such as tax policy and regulatory policy, but said he would have liked to see more effort on the Trans-Pacific Partnership. He said some of the policies are “a good deal better” than he expected.

more
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018/05/mitt-romney-goes-on-nbc-to-slam-trump-he-is-not-a-role-model-president-departs-from-the-truth-video/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
It would be nice to se Utah kick that guy to the curb. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Enlighten me, is Mitt a 3, or 4 time political loser?
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Online Right_in_Virginia

Enlighten me, is Mitt a 3, or 4 time political loser?

Let's hope Utah makes him a "last time" political loser.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online rustynail

Offline montanajoe

Never voted for Mitt but he is right...Trump is not a role model for anyone's grand kids or kids for that matter.. :shrug:

Offline skeeter

Wow - penetrating, courageous analysis.

And so relevant too - the kind of meaningful statement that so important to average Americans as they struggle to improve their lives.

He'd have my vote - if we only had a senator in DC making these kinds of pronouncements.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

“I don’t think I would point to the president as a role model for my grandkids on the basis of his personal style. He has departed in some cases from the truth, and has attacked in a way that I think is not entirely appropriate,” Mr. Romney said to NBC News.

Romney should get out.  The GOP can't be helped because they don't want it.  They will despise him as much as their Presidential nominee before Romney...they will mock Romney to his deathbed.  Has Romney seen how the GOP treats even the nominees who actually won?

Romney endured a Presidential campaign that accused him of dog-killing, malignant abuse of a hair clipper, and causing death through cancer.  But the fact is I have read his biographies and the man is a genuinely good person.  I much better man than I.  He is unfit to serve in the GOP.

Offline endicom

They must be afraid that Trump will get something done. Romney wants to be there to block that.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

He's probably saying this crap to keep the campaign donations coming in.

After all...presidents come and go every 4-8yrs.  OTOH senators, it seems, can last 'forever'. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline darroll

Mitten must be behind in the poling.

Offline Frank Cannon

Never voted for Mitt but he is right...Trump is not a role model for anyone's grand kids or kids for that matter.. :shrug:

What effing politician is a role model for kids? None......unless you are a Big Govt' tit sucking POS.

Offline Frank Cannon

Romney should get out.  The GOP can't be helped because they don't want it.  They will despise him as much as their Presidential nominee before Romney...they will mock Romney to his deathbed.  Has Romney seen how the GOP treats even the nominees who actually won?

Romney endured a Presidential campaign that accused him of dog-killing, malignant abuse of a hair clipper, and causing death through cancer.  But the fact is I have read his biographies and the man is a genuinely good person.  I much better man than I.  He is unfit to serve in the GOP.

Romney got rolled by Obama because he is a third rate loser. He couldn't defend the wealth he earned. He couldn't effectively defend eliminating Obamacare because he was the stupid son of a bitch that came up with the blueprint. He couldn't espouse one Conservative talking point because he didn't believe any of it. This silly "Severely Conservative" fag took a freaking dive in one of the debates because he is so full of his own self importance he thought he won the effing election off that first debate. In summary, he's effing garbage.

BTW it does not surprise me one bit you would roll in here to defend this Progressive sack of shit. You probably have an autographed picture of Jeff Flake above your mantle too. 

Offline WingNot

What effing politician is a role model for kids? None......unless you are a Big Govt' tit sucking POS.

That describes @montanajoe to a tit.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

We can pray.  I certainly hope they are not that stupid to make him their Senator.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Frank Cannon

That describes @montanajoe to a tit.

My comment was directed towards the broader spectrum of people who seem to think politicians are some sort of item for kids to look up to.

Offline WingNot

My comment was directed towards the broader spectrum of people who seem to think politicians are some sort of item for kids to look up to.

I appologise for miscunscrewing your intent.

Offline Frank Cannon

I appologise for miscunscrewing your intent.

If you want me to start a fight, I can do that too. I got some time to kill.

Online libertybele

Not too bright.  Trump won Utah in 2016 with 45.9%.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
...Trump is not a role model for anyone's grand kids or kids for that matter.. :shrug:

Agree.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Romney got rolled by Obama because he is a third rate loser. He couldn't defend the wealth he earned. He couldn't effectively defend eliminating Obamacare because he was the stupid son of a bitch that came up with the blueprint. He couldn't espouse one Conservative talking point because he didn't believe any of it. This silly "Severely Conservative" fag took a freaking dive in one of the debates because he is so full of his own self importance he thought he won the effing election off that first debate. In summary, he's effing garbage.

BTW it does not surprise me one bit you would roll in here to defend this Progressive sack of shit. You probably have an autographed picture of Jeff Flake above your mantle too.

He was the 2012 GOP Presidential nominee.  I rest my case.

Offline Frank Cannon

He was the 2012 GOP Presidential nominee.  I rest my case.

So what? Wendell Wilkie was a GOP nominee too and he was a piece of shit. Are you saying that if you are a GOP nominee for President and lose your ass to a Communist you deserve respect and admiration?

Offline skeeter

Usually the same folks who alternately accuse others of wanting an 'emperor'.