Author Topic: More Evidence That Lawyers Are Ruining America: You Won't Believe What McDonald's Is Being Sued For  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-29/more-evidence-lawyers-are-ruining-america-you-wont-believe-what-mcdonalds-being

One of the fastest ways to ruin anything is to get lawyers involved, and lawyers are running amok in America today.  Several decades ago, Supreme Court Chief Justice Warren Burger warned that our nation would become “a society overrun by hordes of lawyers, hungry as locusts”, and that is precisely what has happened.  There are more than 1.3 million lawyers in the United States today, and it is estimated that those lawyers produce more than 40 million lawsuits each year.

Many of those lawsuits are completely frivolous, but frivolous lawsuits are often settled because it can be much cheaper to settle them than to defend against them in court.  So it is essentially a form of “legal extortion” that has gotten wildly out of control.

Earlier today I came across another shocking example of this phenomenon.  McDonald’s is actually being sued for charging the same price for a Quarter Pounder with cheese and a Quarter Pounder without cheese…

Two McDonald’s customers in Florida are suing the fast-food giant for a hefty sum of $5 million because they say they’re being unfairly charged for cheese they don’t want on their burgers.

Cynthia Kissner and Leonard Werner argue that hamburgers and cheeseburgers are different prices on the McDonald’s menu, but when they order a Quarter Pounder without the extra dairy, they’re still forced to pay the same amount.

Offline Frank Cannon

Do the planet a favor this summer and drown a lawyer if you see one.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Dont ya know, its not the lawyers fault.  its the people
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Dont ya know, its not the lawyers fault.  its the people

Yeah. Kinda like the conundrum over who is to blame for drug addicts. The junkie or the dealer.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This shit really accelerated the day after  Liberal Activist judges (who shockingly are lawyers) let these ambulance chasing festering puss nodules and buckets of scum  advertise on TV.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

This shit really accelerated the day after  Liberal Activist judges (who shockingly are lawyers) let these ambulance chasing festering puss nodules and buckets of scum  advertise on TV.

What do you expect from a job where the judges don't have to know any law, they just have to win an election and lawyers are "licensed" by their local Bar Association and not any real impartial authority.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
What do you expect from a job where the judges don't have to know any law, they just have to win an election and lawyers are "licensed" by their local Bar Association and not any real impartial authority.

It is exactly why Used Car salesmen are rated much higher than Ambulance chasers.  At least when the Car salesman has you bent over the hood of the car and is pounding you in the ass he has the decency to give you a reach around.   All the Lawyer does is use his screwing you to pad is billable hours.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."