Author Topic: BREAKING: ABC cancels 'Roseanne' following tweet on Valerie Jarrett  (Read 26647 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: BREAKING: ABC cancels 'Roseanne' following tweet on Valerie Jarrett
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2018, 12:23:13 am »
No.
Not equal.
Different, and measured by wholly different standards.

But have it your way.
And when we meet in anger, we will fight, and I will crush you like I would any man.
And don't expect protection in your troubles. Protect yourself, like any man.
And don't expect deference - I defer to no man.

Don't expect the tipped hat in greeting.
Don't expect an offered arm on an icy walk.
Tote your own crap, as any man would do.
Load your own truck, as any man would do.
Fix your own car on the side of the road, as any man would do.

I am honor bound to defer to you in order to help you along... In order to make it 'equal'.
You can't have it both ways.

And women wonder what happened to genteel society.

@roamer_1

I know this is a mistake because you have a closed mind,but we all benefit from a "genteel society". Besides women there are children,handicapped people,the elderly,and even physically weak or timid men.

Even those of us who might be a tad more aggressive than most benefit because WTH wants to be fighting or dominating all the time?

And when it comes to teeth,hair,and eyeballs "mean",women top the totem pole. No,almost none of them will call you out into a parking lot to go nose to nose,but a lot of them WILL wait outside in a warmed up car ready to run over your ass when you come out if if push them far enough. AND....,they will mostly get away with it if you even threatened to get physical with them.

Then again,I have been around a lot of women married to special operations people and hard-core biker chicks. That probably tilts the average some,but they are still women.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2018, 12:26:17 am »
 **nononono* **nononono* *****rollingeyes*****

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2018, 12:41:42 am »
   Proves once again @RoosGirl that you women just want to further destroy our masculinity by saying we look really well in SKIRTS..  It's BS!

Trust me @corbe , nobody wants to see you or any other man in that get up.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2018, 01:04:15 am »
@roamer_1

I know this is a mistake because you have a closed mind,but we all benefit from a "genteel society". Besides women there are children,handicapped people,the elderly,and even physically weak or timid men.

@sneakypete
I absolutely agree. But that is not the point. As we rush headlong toward anarchy, the point becomes ever more clear.

The more 'equal' we become, the more coarse we become. This false sense of equality is precisely what is tearing at the foundations of genteel society - Polite society is only there to remedy inequality. And the more 'equal' we become, the less it is needed. Until it finally blows a gasket, wherein those that can will take, and those that can't will die. Welcome to the brave new world, same as the old world.
And it's coming fast. How 'equal' will we be when the lights go out?

Even those of us who might be a tad more aggressive than most benefit because WTH wants to be fighting or dominating all the time?

Right. Again, not my point. I said a man is capable of living beyond law and society. That men create these things in order to make a place for women (and granted, children, elderly, handicapped, but in the main, for women, as none of the rest will be there without them). To wit: Men make civil society for women, according to their (women's) requirements. That is all society is for. Women will get the society they ask for, and are willing to maintain.

And when it comes to teeth,hair,and eyeballs "mean",women top the totem pole. No,almost none of them will call you out into a parking lot to go nose to nose,but a lot of them WILL wait outside in a warmed up car ready to run over your ass when you come out if if push them far enough. AND....,they will mostly get away with it if you even threatened to get physical with them.

And which of them biker chicks rules over their old man? Same with hillbilly gals. Tough as nails, and holy hell if they get a fire lit. But not very many of them can live the life without an old man that's tougher still. By a country mile.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2018, 02:07:18 am »
@sneakypete

The more 'equal' we become, the more coarse we become. This false sense of equality is precisely what is tearing at the foundations of genteel society - Polite society is only there to remedy inequality. And the more 'equal' we become, the less it is needed. Until it finally blows a gasket, wherein those that can will take, and those that can't will die. Welcome to the brave new world, same as the old world.
And it's coming fast. How 'equal' will we be when the lights go out?

@roamer_1

Well,I sure can't argue with that. In FACT,there is no such critter as "equal". We all have our own mixture of strengths and weaknesses,regardless of gender age,or any other factor that can be named. Just how freaking boring would life be if we were all truly equal?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2018, 03:00:51 am »
@roamer_1

Well,I sure can't argue with that. In FACT,there is no such critter as "equal". We all have our own mixture of strengths and weaknesses,regardless of gender age,or any other factor that can be named. Just how freaking boring would life be if we were all truly equal?

@sneakypete
That's right, and there ain't no such thing as 'fair' either.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2018, 03:10:47 am »
You fellas are exactly right.  No way I'm your equal.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2018, 03:10:55 am »
@sneakypete
That's right, and there ain't no such thing as 'fair' either.

Well that's just not fair.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #458 on: June 06, 2018, 03:11:37 am »

LOL  Solid burn.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #459 on: June 06, 2018, 03:12:16 am »
Well that's just not fair.

Ain't it though?
 :beer:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #460 on: June 06, 2018, 03:15:49 am »
Roseanne has been cancelled? Thank God I caught this breaking news.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #461 on: June 06, 2018, 05:37:14 am »
This is awesome. Someone told me there was a super awesome thread devoted to breaking Roseanne news but I didn't believe them. I can't wait to dig through all 19 pages.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #462 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:17 am »
This is awesome. Someone told me there was a super awesome thread devoted to breaking Roseanne news but I didn't believe them. I can't wait to dig through all 19 pages.

I was just about to ping you, Frank.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #463 on: June 06, 2018, 12:04:05 pm »

@Sanguine

Awful white of you to admit that. :smokin:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #464 on: June 06, 2018, 08:54:18 pm »

Right. You are not even on the same field. And that isn't a slur.
Different.
Equality is impossible between different things. There is no means of measurement. There can be no balance.

I would invite you to watch this long but informative vid - an amicable argument between Peterson and Paglia.

! No longer available

It is an astonishment to me that Conservative women cannot see feminism and the damage it has done to society. The weakness it invariably leaves in men.The destruction it does to patriarchy, not to mention matriarchy, which is left entirely wanting. This is the utter destruction of western civilization.

If feminism has so imbued even Conservative women, then we are truly lost, as there are none to point the way back home.

But don't fear. Inevitably there will come a reassertion of masculinity into society. If not by American males, then by Jihadis or Nazis or the like from outside. See how well you fare in the society they will build for you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #465 on: June 06, 2018, 09:01:54 pm »
Right. You are not even on the same field. And that isn't a slur.
Different.
Equality is impossible between different things. There is no means of measurement. There can be no balance.

I would invite you to watch this long but informative vid - an amicable argument between Peterson and Paglia.

! No longer available

It is an astonishment to me that Conservative women cannot see feminism and the damage it has done to society. The weakness it invariably leaves in men.The destruction it does to patriarchy, not to mention matriarchy, which is left entirely wanting. This is the utter destruction of western civilization.

If feminism has so imbued even Conservative women, then we are truly lost, as there are none to point the way back home.

But don't fear. Inevitably there will come a reassertion of masculinity into society. If not by American males, then by Jihadis or Nazis or the like from outside. See how well you fare in the society they will build for you.

What's really amazing is that you can create a whole narrative by intentional misreading of what I actually said. 

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #466 on: June 06, 2018, 09:18:29 pm »
Hey @Frank Cannon Have you heard.  ABC cancelled Roseanne.  Can you believe that shit.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #467 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:41 pm »
What's really amazing is that you can create a whole narrative by intentional misreading of what I actually said.

You are welcome to reiterate. But type slow. I am a man, after all.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #468 on: June 06, 2018, 09:40:34 pm »
Hey @Frank Cannon Have you heard.  ABC cancelled Roseanne.  Can you believe that shit.

Wow! They did? And it just happened because this is a "Breaking Story". Glad I am the first one in with a comment.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #469 on: June 06, 2018, 09:42:15 pm »
Wow! They did? And it just happened because this is a "Breaking Story". Glad I am the first one in with a comment.

I tells ya it is just conceivable   
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Silver Pines

« Reply #470 on: June 06, 2018, 11:54:22 pm »
I didn't say the same - I said equal.  Y'all really want to argue that one?

(And, I was joking when I wrote it, but now I'm not.)

@Sanguine

Reading through and wondering when somebody will get it.   ^-^

IMO the best of all worlds is when a woman understands that she is different from a man, but completely equal.  Inferiority complexes are (again, IMO) the root of feminism.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #471 on: June 06, 2018, 11:59:30 pm »
@Sanguine

Reading through and wondering when somebody will get it.   ^-^

IMO the best of all worlds is when a woman understands that she is different from a man, but completely equal.  Inferiority complexes are (again, IMO) the root of feminism.

Yes, ma'am!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2018, 12:19:30 am »

That happens a lot around here.

Nothing I said on this thread was even slightly controversial, and yet, lots of arguing going on about simple truth.

Women are responsible for their own behavior.  Men are responsible for their own behavior.  Women are not responsible for men's behavior.

Not controversial.

Men run faster than women, but some women run faster than men.

Not controversial.

And yet........   :shrug:

I think some people just like to see things as they are not written just to argue.

I don't get that.  I love to debate actual issues, but silly, deliberate arguments?

Nope.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline corbe

« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2018, 12:30:00 am »
   This Thread will still be going when Trump appoints Roseanne to the NSC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:54 am »
   This Thread will still be going when Trump appoints Roseanne to the NSC.
Or the FCC.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.