Author Topic: I’m in Prison for Practicing Politics... Rod Blagojevich  (Read 536 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 WSJ ›
I’m in Prison for Practicing Politics
Rod Blagojevich May 28, 2018

The rule of law is under assault in America. It is being perverted and abused by the people sworn to enforce and uphold it. Some in the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation are abusing their power to criminalize the routine practices of politics and government.

I learned the hard way what happens when an investigation comes up empty after the government has invested time, resources and manpower. When they can’t prove a crime, they create one. Did you know that an elected official asking for a campaign contribution is the same as a dirty cop asking a motorist for a cash bribe to tear up a speeding ticket? I never did. Yet that’s what a federal prosecutor told the jury during my second trial on bribery and extortion charges in 2011.

more
https://outline.com/usq3Hx
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: I’m in Prison for Practicing Politics... Rod Blagojevich
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 01:54:22 pm »
Wow.  His hair has finally gone to his brain.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:16:00 pm »
No.  You're in prison because you're a corrupt little Cabbage Patch doll..........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 08:24:48 pm »
It is true that the Feds can and often enough do create crimes when they can't find one.

But that's not exactly what happened to Blogo. Illinois politics is a crime by itself, for one thing . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 08:27:47 pm »
It is

But that's not exactly what happened to Blogo. Illinois politics is a crime by itself, for one thing . . .

Yep...Il has a long and rich history of electing criminals as Governors. Some of whom manage to end up in prison. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 08:29:22 pm »
Delusional jackass.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 08:53:09 pm »
Selling Senate seats and congressional seats to the highest bidder IS politics in Chicago and most of the country.

How dare anyone call that a crime!  It is how business is done in politics!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 09:06:30 pm »
Selling Senate seats and congressional seats to the highest bidder IS politics in Chicago and most of the country.

How dare anyone call that a crime!  It is how business is done in politics!

Seems to me that it was corrupt Illinois politics that got us a corrupt President named Obama.

The whole system is rotten to the core.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 09:10:55 pm »
Seems to me that it was corrupt Illinois politics that got us a corrupt President named Obama.

The whole system is rotten to the core.

It is.

And wholly irredeemable.

Corruption is endemic to how everything works now.  Eliminate it and everything collapses.

So, it will never be allowed to be touched.

Which is why this fantasy of swamp draining is so amusing to watch.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775