Author Topic: GOP lawmakers have gone quiet on this popular tool to curb illegal immigration  (Read 578 times)

rangerrebew

GOP lawmakers have gone quiet on this popular tool to curb illegal immigration

Tracy Jan The Washington Post

In President Donald Trump's many vocal pronouncements about stopping illegal immigration, one solution he promoted during the campaign has been conspicuously missing: a requirement that employers check whether workers are legal.

Eight states require nearly all employers to use the federal government's online "E-Verify" tool to check whether new hires are eligible to work in the U.S., but efforts to expand the mandate to all states have stalled, despite polls showing widespread support and studies showing it reduces unauthorized workers.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/nation-world/ct-trump-e-verify-illegal-immigration-check-20180522-story.html

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
GOP lawmakers have gone quiet on this popular tool to curb illegal immigration

Tracy Jan The Washington Post

In President Donald Trump's many vocal pronouncements about stopping illegal immigration, one solution he promoted during the campaign has been conspicuously missing: a requirement that employers check whether workers are legal.

Eight states require nearly all employers to use the federal government's online "E-Verify" tool to check whether new hires are eligible to work in the U.S., but efforts to expand the mandate to all states have stalled, despite polls showing widespread support and studies showing it reduces unauthorized workers.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/nation-world/ct-trump-e-verify-illegal-immigration-check-20180522-story.html

Someone told me they would oppose mandatory e-Verify because it involves tracking people.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Someone told me they would oppose mandatory e-Verify because it involves tracking people.

I have problems with tracking citizens.  That does not apply to aliens.  We used to require them to file paperwork every January, in order to "track" them. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Before the E-Verify tool there was and is The I-9 tool which will when used come back from Social Security with the information of whether the worker is legal or an illegal worker guilty of identity theft. Granted it does not give immediate verification but will in a payroll or two. So what happened, why isn't this unmasking the frauds in the work place, when did it stop being mandatory..............if ever? I know as an employer I was under a lot of pressure to complete them accurately and keep them up to date where needed. 9999hair out0000

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I have problems with tracking citizens.  That does not apply to aliens.  We used to require them to file paperwork every January, in order to "track" them.
I have no problem at all in tracking a guest allowed into this country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LauraTXNM

Hey there, @Cyber Liberty!  That I get.  But I’ve met a couple of people who actually oppose it for everyone. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hey there, @Cyber Liberty!  That I get.  But I’ve met a couple of people who actually oppose it for everyone.

Hey there backatcha, @LauraTXNM!

I'm sure you have, so have I.  I dare say they also believe, in their hearts, aliens (legal or otherwise) should be allowed to vote if it benefits their side.  After all, the laws our Representatives enact apply to them, too... *****rollingeyes*****

I've found that Dems tend to favor full "rights" for all (legal or otherwise).  It's why we see pictures of Keith Ellison wearing a "No Borders" T-shirt in a parade.  I wonder if they would favor that if it turned out they would all vote GOP?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:23:58 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LauraTXNM

Hey there backatcha, @LauraTXNM!

I'm sure you have, so have I.  I dare say they also believe, in their hearts, aliens (legal or otherwise) should be allowed to vote if it benefits their side.  After all, the laws our Representatives enact apply to them, too... *****rollingeyes*****

I've found that Dems tend to favor full "rights" for all (legal or otherwise).  It's why we see pictures of Keith Ellison wearing a "No Borders" T-shirt in a parade.  I wonder if they would favor that if it turned out they would all vote GOP?

Just know I don't believe that, @Cyber Liberty.  There's hope for us yet ;).

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just know I don't believe that, @Cyber Liberty.  There's hope for us yet ;).

Good news!  And yes, there is....
I will NOT comply.