Author Topic: Real Conservatives Refuse To Kneel Before Their Liberal Overlords  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Real Conservatives Refuse To Kneel Before Their Liberal Overlords
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 04:25:15 pm »
The debate would be better served if we all would stop speaking about 'conservative' as if it were some abstract concept.

In the manner in which we select our leaders and the manner in which those leaders lead, I want strict adherence to the Constitution. Period.

Where this president does, he gets applause. Where he doesn't, he earns condemnation.

:hands:
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2018, 04:26:31 pm »
Small Gov, Fiscal responsibility., Pro-life, Pro-2A, Pro-military, Pro- self reliance, etc.

What is funny is that now we are being lectured by the Trumplican Populists that those issues are 'losers' and "unrealistic" - while they also tell us that social issues are losers as well.

It's funny reading the knee jerk reaction to the proverb that says 'I will stand on principles, even if I stand alone' is now considered an evil by those who go batshit crazy that we will not march in lockstep with them and Trump.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:46:33 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2018, 04:29:43 pm »
I don't know what I am anymore but this best describes my positions

You're really not allowed to be anything.  Someone will come along and tell you why you're wrong.  I don't care what the label is, I know what I believe and what I'm not willing to compromise on; those things listed by @catfish1957 .  Those things aren't in gov't too much anymore, and I imagine never will be again.  Not all in one package in any substantial numbers.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2018, 04:38:53 pm »
You're really not allowed to be anything.  Someone will come along and tell you why you're wrong.  I don't care what the label is, I know what I believe and what I'm not willing to compromise on; those things listed by @catfish1957 .  Those things aren't in gov't too much anymore, and I imagine never will be again.  Not all in one package in any substantial numbers.

I know...it's hard finding a candidate who meets my expectations..but like you said I have to compromise more and more now.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2018, 04:40:23 pm »
Definition?  Without seeming baited......

Anyone who supports near 100% of conservative positions and candidates of the same?  Small Gov, Fiscal responsibility., Pro-life, Pro-2A, Pro-military, Pro- self reliance, etc.

Those are Conservative

Pro-Constitution, Pro-God, Pro-liberty.  Anti-Control.  Conservative to me is dedication to the Republic that our Founders gave us.  A thoughtful politicians that lets God and country direct His/Her actions.  Not His/Her wallet or what they will get from lobbyists.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 04:42:32 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2018, 04:48:38 pm »
What is funny is that now we are being lectured by the Trumplican Populists that those issues are 'losers' and "unrealistic" - while they also tell us that social issues are losers as well.

It's funny reading the knee jerk reaction to the proverb that 'I will stand on principles, even if I stand alone' is now considered an evil by those who go batshit crazy that we will not march in lockstep with them and Trump.

This article isn't about the President @INVAR   

This article is taking to task "real" conservatives who do nothing BUT *stand* on principles.  He's ridiculing the "real" conservative's inability to fight.  He is saying it is they who kneel before their liberal overlords.

Here's how the author sees the difference between me, the "Trumplican Populist", and you . . . .

We reject the bizarre notion that we are somehow obligated to stoically take guff from people who despise us without responding because doing so is “unconservative.” We decline to be commanded by conscientious objectors.

Here’s how we roll. When the enemy deploys its power against us, whether it’s some football jerk dissing us via Old Glory or some tech titan deciding to not allow us access to social media, we will fight back using whatever power we have. We’ll bankrupt the NFL before we just sit there watching them flip us off. And we’ll leverage our political power to regulate the Twittfacegrams into submission if they keep trying to exclude us from participation in our own culture. There is no conservative principle that requires you to not use your most effective weapon in your own self-defense. None.

“But that’s not conservative!” the sissies whimper.

https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2018/05/28/real-conservatives-refuse-to-kneel-before-their-liberal-overlords-n2484875

Oceander

« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2018, 04:49:42 pm »
 :2popcorn:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2018, 04:50:36 pm »
I think what Schlichter is saying, and I know I will be corrected if I'm wrong, is that conservatism has become synonymous with not fighting back while being sure that that position is the only true one.  Schlichter says that Trump fights back, therefore his is the correct attitude. 

I would disagree with Schlichter in that Trump is not a conservative (maybe out of ignorance and lack of exposure more than anything else), but do agree that fighting back is necessary, and even if Trump doesn't know the 9th Amendment from both Corinthians, he is at least fighting back and supporting a conservative agenda, even if he is doing so sort of instinctively and not because he understands conservatism.  His bobbles and errors reveal the lack of depth of his understanding, but I do think he's learning and learning quickly.

Do I think he will ever become a true conservative?  No, but he is fighting and moving the doomsday clock a bit back to the right.  It's up to conservatives to take up the fight....if we really think it is worth fighting.  If not, we can just stick to our keyboards and argue amongst ourselves as to who is the most orthodox and who are the heretics.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2018, 04:58:35 pm »
They be too late.

We have other plans.

Which are?

Do you have hundreds of millions of dollars lined up/donated?

Do you have a slate of committed candidates (in sufficient numbers so their votes IF elected, are worth squat) ready to leap at the sound of the starter's pistol?

If not, how are you going to obtain them?

Because until you Do have that machine, . . . .

IF you make any serious start at building it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

the only thing your plans might accomplish is another 8 years of the Next Obama or worse.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2018, 05:08:45 pm »
Speaking as a Trumpervative, I have only this to add.........Trump is GOD!!!!!!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2018, 05:09:01 pm »
This article isn't about the President @INVAR

Horseshit.  This entire issue is the result of the endless justifications for why Conservatives should support Trump and why those who stand on principles and are not savvy on your prince are your number one enemy.

This article is taking to task "real" conservatives who do nothing BUT *stand* on principles.

We have read ad nauseum all the contempt you and the Left have for them.  You - because you insist they lose elections and are a contemptuous burden that need too be discarded in order to 'win', the Left because those principles are an obstacle to what they seek to impose by force.

He's ridiculing the "real" conservative's inability to fight.  He is saying it is they who kneel before their liberal overlords.

Right.  Because you see here on this board all of us who are not Trumsplicans 'keeling before liberals'?

I find that statement fascinating after all the justifications you people have flung out there to intimidate support for a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat you wanted to make your standard bearer of Conservatism.

Here's how the author sees the difference between me, the "Trumplican Populist", and you . . . .

Unfortunately, Schlichter and party hacks are stuck on stupid. They think 'fighting back' means voting Republican and hiding behind their skirts to fight for them.

Of course to equate us with being sissies is a hoot, considering  our resident Liberal Leftist thinks we are unhinged lawless wannabe terrorists when it comes to his gun control ideas and our reaction to them.

So you Trumsplicans think we're sissies - and Leftists think we're dangerous lawless terrorists.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2018, 05:12:46 pm »
Which are?

To stop supporting a wholly corrupted and irredeemably perverted party system for starters, and to think outside the box constructed for you by those who have convinced you that you must choose one or the other to be your rulers.

The rest, is to not play by their rules and make plans for the preservation of your liberty.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2018, 05:19:35 pm »
Horseshit.  This entire issue is the result of the endless justifications for why Conservatives should support Trump and why those who stand on principles and are not savvy on your prince are your number one enemy.

We have read ad nauseum all the contempt you and the Left have for them.  You - because you insist they lose elections and are a contemptuous burden that need too be discarded in order to 'win', the Left because those principles are an obstacle to what they seek to impose by force.

Right.  Because you see here on this board all of us who are not Trumsplicans 'keeling before liberals'?

I find that statement fascinating after all the justifications you people have flung out there to intimidate support for a lifelong NYC liberal Democrat you wanted to make your standard bearer of Conservatism.

Unfortunately, Schlichter and party hacks are stuck on stupid. They think 'fighting back' means voting Republican and hiding behind their skirts to fight for them.

Of course to equate us with being sissies is a hoot, considering  our resident Liberal Leftist thinks we are unhinged lawless wannabe terrorists when it comes to his gun control ideas and our reaction to them.

So you Trumsplicans think we're sissies - and Leftists think we're dangerous lawless terrorists.

Is gibberish now the official language of true conservatives?  Just a guess, but this could be working against your message.   :laugh:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2018, 05:20:37 pm »

It's funny reading the knee jerk reaction to the proverb that says 'I will stand on principles, even if I stand alone' is now considered an evil by those who go batshit crazy that we will not march in lockstep with them and Trump.

You're the one accusing others of going "batshit crazy" and insisting that Trumplican Populists insist you march lockstep with them.

WTF do you actually Have to Offer as an alternative?

IF whatever it is was Real you'd be too busy working with IT to have time to be here continually, nobly screaming that The Sky Is Falling.

Per Merriam-Webster, a major party has "electoral strength sufficient to permit it to win control of a government usually with comparative regularity and when defeated to constitute the principal opposition to the party in power."[3]. In the United States, only the Democratic and Republican parties meet this definition.

What do you Have that has you feeling so high and all mighty Superior to the rest of us who Also understand with Perfect Clarity that this current situation, as it is, sucks?

Since you're unwilling/unable to even Philosophically lend a shoulder to clean up the current paradigm, how do you expect to completely overturn it?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »
Since you're unwilling/unable to even Philosophically lend a shoulder to clean up the current paradigm, how do you expect to completely overturn it?

Since Trumsplicans have largely rejected the principles we are governed by for whatever is convenient and pragmatic - you go your own way and figure it out for yourselves.

You people have already discarded, held in contempt or ridiculed the ideas and plans suggested and offered.

So we're done talking and we have other plans.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2018, 05:33:00 pm »
They be too late.

We have other plans.

Thank you for coming.  This is why I pinged you.  You make the case I can only point at.  If the "pragmatists" want to tell people to piss off, then they will lose just as surely as the people they openly scoff at.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2018, 06:47:34 pm »
Since Trumsplicans have largely rejected the principles we are governed by for whatever is convenient and pragmatic - you go your own way and figure it out for yourselves.

You people have already discarded, held in contempt or ridiculed the ideas and plans suggested and offered.

I haven't seen you offer Anything beyond purple invective to pound home your dissatisfaction yet.

So we're done talking and we have other plans.

Refusing substantive questions while repeating that you have have Other plans so we're done talking, is not going to influence people to see it your way and join you.

Where do you expect to get the massive support you're going to need if not from here?

You certainly won't get it from Democrats.

WHAT, Are your other plans? Ideals, no matter how lofty, are not Plans.

Without huge voting support (big enough to defeat Both the Democrats AND the Republicans) you're left with an armed, violent insurrection/revolution, and the people you've kissed off will set the Police/National Guard on you.

There isn't anywhere near the political wisdom/education among the populace at large (if you accomplish change by force) to Not leave us all far worse off than we already are, warts and all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:48:09 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »
We exist.  Those who admire and adhere to thinkings of Coolidge, Goldwater, Buckley, and Reagan.  And yes to earlier posts....   We are a dying breed, and will be lost as a balancing force of political direction.  As we plunge deeper into fezdzlla debt hell (with no help from DJT) our country's  demise becomes more and more evident.  I have seen data that shows over 50% of the populous now suckles the left hind teat of entitlements.  This can't be sustained forever.

That's right. Every bit of it.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2018, 07:27:10 pm »
Seems to me that much of this argument comes down to whether or not you really see us righties as "at war" with the progressive left.  Ever Trumps, especially those inclined to war imagery like Col. Schlicter, are wartime conservatives and have already declared the war is on and are easily able to rationalize ethical and moral problems in service to the greater good. 

In other words, 'the ends justify the means'...

Never Trumps are peacetime conservatives whose goal it is to maintain conservative principles as steadfastly as possible within the confines of a civilized society. 

Not the ones here. Nearly to a man, I know them to be the hard core. I have fought with them long and hard, the last rendition being the TEA party, which had massive results.

The difference is that Conservatives fight for principles. Populists and pragmatists fight for their cause de jur, and for their glorious leader.

It's bad enough we have to fight the jackals and hyenas of the left... now we have to fight them on the moderate and liberal right too.

All of it, vanity and hot air. Bread and circuses. Without the principles of our founding, it is all done in vain.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2018, 07:39:06 pm »

In what way does 'lending a shoulder' advance the Principles of Conservatism?

This is not Conservatism. Not by a long shot.
This is not fighting. This is flailing about in a drunken stupor.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2018, 08:29:17 pm »
Thank you for coming.  This is why I pinged you.  You make the case I can only point at.  If the "pragmatists" want to tell people to piss off, then they will lose just as surely as the people they openly scoff at.

I don't see how anyone can look at the results of the last presidential election and think there's a certain segment of the population, historically aligned with Republicans, that is no longer needed.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2018, 08:37:18 pm »
[...] the people you've kissed off will set the Police/National Guard on you.

And btw, @To-Whose-Benefit? ... That is the predictable end, regardless.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2018, 08:39:43 pm »
I don't see how anyone can look at the results of the last presidential election and think there's a certain segment of the population, historically aligned with Republicans, that is no longer needed.

Perzackly.  I think some Trump supporters fail to realize a lot of people swallowed hard, and held their noses to vote Trump.  I see many of that group deciding not to do so next time, simply because of the insults they continue to receive, even after casting their votes for the Chosen One.  Instead of reaching out to make common cause to solidify support, they are actively throwing that support away. :shrug:

Meanwhile the Dems are careening even farther left.  In 2020 we are very likely to see somebody even more liberal that Hillary win it all.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2018, 08:47:59 pm »
In what way does 'lending a shoulder' advance the Principles of Conservatism?

My Point is there is nothing to be gained in attempting to overthrow the Republican Party with a Pure Conservative Party. By lending a Philosophical shoulder I Mean, . . . . even if it's only words posted here, . . . . . Trying to reform the existing Party through replacing the moderate hacks in it.

Not a bit different from continual 'flailing about in a drunken stupor' that's nothing more than "I'm Taking My Ball and Going Home because your Orange God sucks and You Trumplicans are too stupid to understand how stupid you are", . . . . . . without ever Going Home.

I did not vote for Trump to marry my daughter and I've had more than too much of this road apple that there's no difference between the Parties which shoved DJT and HRC at us, . . . . . as if that justifies "Follow Me, I Know The Way, or I'll rescue you all (except the Trumplicans of course), one more time with yet another empty I'm Taking My Ball".

Online roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2018, 08:50:06 pm »
Perzackly. 

What ever could you mean? Everyone knows it was the bigliest win in all of winning! A victory unrivaled in all of history! And oh, by the way, soooo much better than Reagan.  *****rollingeyes*****