Author Topic: Guess who’s unhappy about Elon Musk’s SpaceX  (Read 977 times)

Online corbe

Guess who’s unhappy about Elon Musk’s SpaceX

BY MARK R. WHITTINGTON, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR — 05/27/18 08:30 AM EDT

SpaceX has astonished the world during the past few years, perfecting the art of reusable rockets and thus bringing down the cost of launching things into space. As a result, a customer can expect to pay $62 million to launch something on a Falcon 9, a price that is expected to come down as the block 5 version comes into service.

The United States military, NASA, and commercial companies are thrilled to be able to pay what a few years ago would be absurdly rock-bottom prices for a space launch. However, SpaceX’s competitors are less than thrilled by the upstart rocket company.

Ars Technica recently ran an account of an interview with the chief executive of European aerospace company Ariane Group, Alain Charmeau, who is less than amused about the price pressure SpaceX is placing on rocket launches.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/opinion/technology/389547-guess-whos-unhappy-about-elon-musks-spacex
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Joe Wooten

Re: Guess who’s unhappy about Elon Musk’s SpaceX
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:46:03 pm »
No sympathy for them on my part......

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Guess who’s unhappy about Elon Musk’s SpaceX
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:49:27 pm »
amazing how cheap stuff gets when you cut out all the testing and safety
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.