Author Topic: She came to the US for a better life. Moments after arrival, she was killed  (Read 507 times)

Offline Suppressed

She came to the US for a better life. Moments after arrival, she was killed
By Nicole Chavez, CNN
Updated 8:23 AM ET, Sun May 27, 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/27/us/texas-border-patrol-shooting-victim/index.html

Claudia Patricia Gomez Gonzalez

(CNN) -- Claudia Patricia Gomez Gonzalez traveled 1,500 miles to the United States, hoping to find a job and a better future. Shortly after she set foot in Texas, a Border Patrol agent shot and killed her.

Gomez Gonzalez's shooting Wednesday drew international attention after a bystander posted video of the aftermath on Facebook Live, showing her lying on the ground, bleeding.

Authorities changed their account of the incident, adding to the controversy at a time when the White House has cracked down on illegal immigration.

The deadly encounter ended the journey Gomez Gonzalez started nearly three weeks ago in an indigenous community in San Juan Ostuncalco, Guatemala.

Family demands answers

Gomez Gonzalez earned a degree in accounting two years ago, but had not been able to find a job.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

Attack the border patrol, get shot.

No story here.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
This story Reminds me of something my third-grade teacher said to us.

:nono:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 07:15:24 pm by mystery-ak »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mountaineer

"Undocumented," according to CNN.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Obviously an accidental shooting, just from the very description of it. If an agent was surrounded by an attacking group of big burly illegals, the last person on Earth he would aim for is a young girl.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sounds like the leftist vultures are going to pimp her for their political cause.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

Obviously an accidental shooting, just from the very description of it. If an agent was surrounded by an attacking group of big burly illegals, the last person on Earth he would aim for is a young girl.

Yeah, the problem I have with it is how the agents evidently lied about what happened until video showed up.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn