Author Topic: Top nitrogen researchers imagine world beyond fossil fuels  (Read 337 times)

rangerrebew

Top nitrogen researchers imagine world beyond fossil fuels
May 25, 2018 by Mary-Ann Muffoletto, Utah State University

Freeways choked with traffic, supermarkets laden with fertilizer-grown stock from distance fields and virtually everything we touch derived from petroleum-based plastics. It's hard to imagine life beyond our fossil-fueled world. Black gold has brought us unprecedented prosperity, but it's also polluted our environment, perhaps irreparably, and it's in finite supply. Now what?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. But not in the plaintive, unattainable way Bob Dylan expressed in his famous lyrics. Life-giving nitrogen flows all around us and, according to Utah State University biochemist Lance Seefeldt and other top scientists, it holds the key to sustainability beyond nonrenewable energy.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-05-nitrogen-world-fossil-fuels.html#jCp

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Top nitrogen researchers imagine world beyond fossil fuels
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 01:38:03 pm »
I cannot imagine why we would not wish to utilize natural energy sources like oil gas or coal, freely given by God to us to better our lives.  There really is no substitute for them, those energy-packed, easy to extract bundles of power.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington