Author Topic: Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:07:09 pm »
Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers
NY Times, May 25, 2018, Noam Scheiber

President Trump on Friday signed a series of executive orders making it easier to fire federal government workers and rolling back the prerogatives of unions that represent them.  Andrew Bremberg, the head of the White House Domestic Policy Council, said the president was “fulfilling his promise to promote more efficient government by reforming our Civil Service rules.”

But the push also reflects conservatives’ long-running suspicion of the federal bureaucracy, one that the president’s advisers have been outspoken in channeling. Shortly after Mr. Trump took office, Stephen K. Bannon, then his chief strategist, called for “the deconstruction of the administrative state.”

Unions representing government workers were quick to denounce the actions, calling them an “assault on democracy,” in the words of the American Federation of Government Employees, the largest federal employee union, which represents 700,000 workers.

More:  https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/25/business/economy/trump-federal-workers.html

Offline skeeter

Re: Trump Moves to Ease the Firing of Federal Workers
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 10:09:44 pm »
Oh this is sweet.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 10:12:11 pm »
Trump signs three executive orders taking aim at unions
Washington Examiner, May 25, 2018, Steve Nelson

President Trump signed three executive orders Friday containing sweeping reforms that weaken protections for federal workers and eliminate perks for the unions that represent them.

Under the new executive orders, estimated to save at least $100 million a year, unions will be charged rent for federal office space and will not be reimbursed for travel expenses or for hours spent appealing worker firings.

Going forward, federal workers must spend 75 percent of their time on government work -- some currently spend none -- and agencies must publicly post union contracts in an online repository.

Trump also ordered the termination of an Obama-era policy that says leniency for one worker sets a precedent protecting others from firing, and shortened review periods preceding discipline for poor-performing employees.

More:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-guts-union-perks-speeds-up-civil-service-firings-to-save-100-million-a-year 

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 11:14:54 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 11:21:42 pm »
This will either work to clean things up or eliminate opposition in the ranks to the swamp creatures well entrenched there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fantom

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 11:34:03 pm »

Pound them Henry.....pound them.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 12:09:36 am »
:laughingdog: 000hehehehe

This is way beyond just sweet.

:reaper:

Adios parasites.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 12:23:52 am »
Like it.  But I will believe it when I see it passed.  Till then it is all talk... and Bullshit walks.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 12:33:03 am »

Another attack on women and minorities? That line has become shopworn.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2018, 12:37:10 am »
We'll see.  Start with all the agencies that are working against a secure border.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 12:41:32 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2018, 12:40:43 am »
Good job.  If he can manage to avoid effing this up, then it will be a definite positive achievement for Trump.  Keep in mind, of course, that unless he follows through and gets Congress to codify some of his changes, they will be just as easily undone by the next democrat to occupy the White House. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2018, 12:42:32 am »
Good job.  If he can manage to avoid effing this up, then it will be a definite positive achievement for Trump.  Keep in mind, of course, that unless he follows through and gets Congress to codify some of his changes, they will be just as easily undone by the next democrat to occupy the White House.

No need to wait for another President.  If any of these "workers" are in Hawaii there'll be a nation-wide injunction before you can say "Rumpelstiltskin."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2018, 12:45:05 am »
No need to wait for another President.  If any of these "workers" are in Hawaii there'll be a nation-wide injunction before you can say "Rumpelstiltskin."

Not if he leaves it to the right people to draft it properly and document it properly, and provided it doesn’t violate statutory law.  In other words, if he is hands-off and let’s the people who know what they’re doing handle it.  Unlike his idiotic travel bans. 

• Wulf Anson Author

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2018, 12:53:59 am »
Not if he leaves it to the right people to draft it properly and document it properly, and provided it doesn’t violate statutory law.  In other words, if he is hands-off and let’s the people who know what they’re doing handle it.  Unlike his idiotic travel bans.

You mean his perfectly legal and Constitutional orders. Only obama so called "judges"/marxist side with your opinion.

One should be careful, the company one keeps.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2018, 12:55:08 am »
You mean his perfectly legal and Constitutional orders. Only obama so called "judges"/marxist side with your opinion.

Hitting the bottle early, I see. 

Offline Fantom

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2018, 12:58:45 am »
Hitting the bottle early, I see.

Heh, hang out with the ninth circus all you want. Your privilege.

BTW, I hit the sauce an hour before loggin' on. Have to be able to speak with the natives in their own frame of mind.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 01:19:36 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2018, 02:22:52 am »

Always refreshing to see that there's at least 1 constant in our ever changing universe.

The Illuminati.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2018, 02:24:34 am »

BTW, I hit the sauce an hour before loggin' on. Have to be able to speak with the natives in their own frame of mind.   ;)

:thumbsup: and a Hearty  :laughingdog:

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2018, 02:41:34 am »

#MeToo, except I'm still recovering from self inflicted wounds from last night, so keeping it on the down low for a few days. 
   Don't want to wear out my Welcome.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:42 am »

#MeToo, except I'm still recovering from self inflicted wounds from last night, so keeping it on the down low for a few days. 

chicken.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2018, 02:46:48 am »

https://psychroaches.blogspot.com/2017/02/us-title-8-sec-1182-immigration.html

cornell edu
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Is this relevant and plain enough for politicians calling President Trump's Executive Order on Immigration 'Unconstitutional'?

Suspension of Entry or Imposition of Restrictions By President

"(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President

Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.

It does not have to be debated by Congress.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2018, 02:49:07 am »

Good to hear from you Corbe as usual.

I've yet to see a foul post from you. Maybe I pass out too soon....snicker

Frederick Douglass