Author Topic: Uh-oh. New poll suggests Menendez's re-election not a sure thing.  (Read 523 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
WASHINGTON -- It's just one poll, but looks like U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez should prepare for a dog fight.

A poll released Friday shows Menendez with a slim lead over Republican challenger Bob Hugin, the first survey that hasn't given the incumbent Democrat a double-digit lead.

Menendez led Hugin, a former Celgene Corp. executive, 28 percent to 24 percent, among New Jersey registered voters in the Fairleigh Dickinson University Poll. Almost half the electorate, 46 percent, said they were undecided.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/05/poll_suggests_menendezs_road_to_re-election_could_be_rockier_than_expected.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Concerned

Re: Uh-oh. New poll suggests Menendez's re-election not a sure thing.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 03:24:51 pm »
Getting rid of Menendez would be fantastic, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I suspect he'll win by a double digit margin.

@Freya
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:35:04 pm »
Getting rid of Menendez would be fantastic, but I'll believe it when I see it.  I suspect he'll win by a double digit margin.

@Freya

Yep. Thanks for the pings @Concerned and @Suppressed
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 05:43:56 pm »
This adds up to me. The last election swept in an openly Marxist Gov and lesser positions. Pendulum is going to swing back.

Hell. Steve Lonegan might actually win a general election for the first time in 20 years!

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 06:04:57 pm »
This adds up to me. The last election swept in an openly Marxist Gov and lesser positions. Pendulum is going to swing back.

Hell. Steve Lonegan might actually win a general election for the first time in 20 years!

@Frank Cannon   Pendulums nearly always tend to swing back.  I was thinking about that this morning.  We may actually move back to a more puritanical society because of the sexual excesses and strange behavior in the last ten years. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:20:05 pm »
You posters from New Jersey. Please drag Steve's ass across the finish line once and for all. I am getting tired of hearing his ads every 2 damn years.