Author Topic: Almost every viral police confrontation is 'preceded' by police being provoked.....  (Read 529 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No Shit. 

washingtonexaminer ^ | 5/24/2018 | James Gagliano
Posted on ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018‎ ‎6‎:‎22‎:‎22‎ ‎PM by caww
It happens now with almost mind-numbing regularity , followed by oversaturated media coverage and activist outrage, threats of a civil suit, and almost universal consensus that America’s racist past continues to plague even the wealthiest of its African-American inhabitants.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
We exist in an era where racial hoaxes for “social justice” proliferate..And we have just been witness to two infamously mischaracterized accountings by prominent African-Americans, who falsified incidents of supposed police misconduct....Both disgustingly-twisted and opportunistic tales further prove that body cameras are a necessity, not a luxury in 21st-century America.
A potential assailant can 'draw and fire' a weapon 'faster' than even the most attentive cop can process the actions/movements, discern it is a “shoot” situation, and respond accordingly.......When officers have to move in to extricate hands from pockets, it further turns a simple interaction into a physical, and potentially lethal, one.
Make no mistake about it. We have entered a dangerous new era in police-community relations. The #Resistance is not only a political term, but it also defines behavior that champions noncompliance, turning every encounter into one fraught with peril for citizens and cops alike.
No amount of training or preparation can prepare them for what awaits them when we, as a society, continue to tolerate a shift in acceptable behavior, and reward those who purposefully provoke our public servants.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/almost-every-viral-police-confrontation-is-preceded-by-police-being-provoked
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online corbe

I agree with this, TOTALLY. 
   With that being said, If you're a long haired 'old' hippy in Texas aware of your Constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure, problems can arise very quickly without provocation or attitude, for JUST some of these steroidal laden wife beaters.  /JS

*Back to the woodshed.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Same pattern we see here.

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.