Author Topic: Air Force Uncovered LSD Use Among Airmen Guarding Nuclear Missiles  (Read 534 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Air Force Uncovered LSD Use Among Airmen Guarding Nuclear Missiles
Bill Chappell Twitter

More than a dozen U.S. Air Force airmen faced disciplinary action – including courts martial – after a drug ring was found operating at a base that controls America's nuclear missiles, the Associated Press reports.

Military investigators cracked the ring in 2016, after one of the service members made the mistake of posting drug-related material to social media.

Nearly half of the airmen were convicted of using or distributing LSD – which the Pentagon has stopped screening for in drug tests, the AP says. Citing records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act, the AP reports that the drug ring operated at Francis E. Warren Air Force Base, just outside of Cheyenne, Wyo.

Read more at: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/24/614013988/air-force-uncovered-lsd-use-among-airmen-guarding-nuclear-missiles

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Security troops on US nuclear missile base took LSD
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:28:02 pm »
WASHINGTON (AP) — One airman said he felt paranoia. Another marveled at the vibrant colors. A third admitted, "I absolutely just loved altering my mind."

Meet service members entrusted with guarding nuclear missiles that are among the most powerful in America's arsenal. Air Force records obtained by The Associated Press show they bought, distributed and used the hallucinogen LSD and other mind-altering illegal drugs as part of a ring that operated undetected for months on a highly secure military base in Wyoming. After investigators closed in, one airman deserted to Mexico.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/security-troops-us-nuclear-missile-took-lsd-100112849.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Security troops on US nuclear missile base took LSD
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 05:29:50 pm »
Rock ‘n rollers with one foot in the grave.  Made me think of Lance at the Do Long Bridge.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 05:50:48 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Security troops on US nuclear missile base took LSD
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 05:42:18 pm »
Meh, people have been doing that for ages.   Thats why we got tested on a regular basis.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.