Author Topic: Confiscate and criminalize: Dem's new gun-grab plan  (Read 4219 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Confiscate and criminalize: Dem's new gun-grab plan
« on: May 24, 2018, 04:05:08 am »
http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/confiscate-and-criminalize-dems-new-gun-grab-plan/

A sitting member of Congress is publicly proposing a ban on so-called military-style semi-automatic rifles and advocates criminal prosecution for Americans who refuse to take part in a mandatory buyback program.

In an opinion piece for USA Today, Rep. Eric Swalwell, D-Calif., unleashed his agenda.

“[W]e should ban possession of military-style semiautomatic assault weapons, we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law, and we should criminally prosecute any who choose to defy it by keeping their weapons,” wrote Swalwell, who does allow for such weapons to be kept in police stations and shooting clubs.

Earlier this week, in a heated debate with Tucker Carlson on the Fox News Channel, Swalwell stood by his proposal, insisting no one would be going door to door to look for the banned weapons and make arrests, but he did say people could be charged and prosecuted for still owning the rifles if police found them in the course of normal police work.

“And if you were caught, just like if you were caught with drugs or anything else, and they had probable cause to go into your home and you had one of these weapons, yeah, you’d be prosecuted,” said Swalwell in his Fox News interview.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Confiscate and criminalize: Dem's new gun-grab plan
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 04:07:05 am »
Hey @Jazzhead haven't you been calling us all fools for thinking this would happen with your "Moderate" gun control ideas? Look what a sitting member of congress is openly pushing for in a national news paper.........confiscation.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 04:31:17 am »
we should buy back such weapons from all who choose to abide by the law

So, not only does he want to make owning certain guns illegal, he wants to "buy them back" with *MY* money.  LOL  Seriously, he wants to confiscate my property and pay me for it with my own tax money.  bleep him.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 04:38:39 am »
So, not only does he want to make owning certain guns illegal, he wants to "buy them back" with *MY* money.  LOL  Seriously, he wants to confiscate my property and pay me for it with my own tax money.  bleep him.

Don't worry though. You won't be arrested for passing on the buyback because the cops will only get you if they are investigating other things.......like you parking too close to the curb or parking too far from the curb or not sorting your recycling or breaking wind in public or mispronouncing a word. No worries at all.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 04:42:20 am »
Don't worry though. You won't be arrested for passing on the buyback because the cops will only get you if they are investigating other things.......like you parking too close to the curb or parking too far from the curb or not sorting your recycling or breaking wind in public or mispronouncing a word. No worries at all.

Yeah, it reminds me how in Florida they wanted to "encourage" people to wear their seatbelts, so *if* you got pulled over and *if* you weren't wearing your seatbelt you could also be ticketed for that, but never never were you going to be pulled over just for not wearing your seatbelt.  Until they started pulling people over and ticketing them just for not wearing their seatbelt.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 04:46:27 am »
Yeah, it reminds me how in Florida they wanted to "encourage" people to wear their seatbelts, so *if* you got pulled over and *if* you weren't wearing your seatbelt you could also be ticketed for that, but never never were you going to be pulled over just for not wearing your seatbelt.  Until they started pulling people over and ticketing them just for not wearing their seatbelt.

That's funny. When I read this article I thought of the same damn thing. They pulled that shit in PA years ago saying they would only bust people for seatbelts only if they did something else to be pulled over. All of a sudden people are getting pulled over for dirty taillights and crooked hood ornaments and then nailed for not wearing seatbelts.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 04:49:15 am »
Hey @Jazzhead haven't you been calling us all fools for thinking this would happen with your "Moderate" gun control ideas? Look what a sitting member of congress is openly pushing for in a national news paper.........confiscation.

Yes, we were arguing about this very issue from this very same moronic tyrant's proposal in Congress with our resident Leftist just this evening.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2018, 04:50:01 am »

We were told the same damn lie here in Texas. Never, ever believe a damn thing any politician tells
you. Especially if they are saying "we would never".

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2018, 04:52:08 am »
Yes, we were arguing about this very issue from this very same moronic tyrant's proposal in Congress with our resident Leftist just this evening.

He's off thinking of new ways to use the word "masturbatory".

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2018, 04:53:30 am »
That's funny. When I read this article I thought of the same damn thing. They pulled that shit in PA years ago saying they would only bust people for seatbelts only if they did something else to be pulled over. All of a sudden people are getting pulled over for dirty taillights and crooked hood ornaments and then nailed for not wearing seatbelts.

Hah, our message signs over the highways now, that presumably are there to warn people of accidents or delays ahead, quite often have the message "Click it or ticket"  They don't even pretend anymore.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 04:56:38 am »
He's off thinking of new ways to use the word "masturbatory".

Damn plagiarist. That's my term to bandy around here. WTF!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2018, 09:16:52 pm »
They're coming...slowly, but surely.  The leftists push, and push, and push until they get their way; whether it be tomorrow or a decade from now.  Perhaps the most concerning statement... " but he did say people could be charged and prosecuted for still owning the rifles if police found them in the course of normal police work."[/u]  Gee... as opposed to abnormal police work? 

This makes me sick to my stomach!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2018, 12:02:51 pm »
14th Amendment Sec 1, Clause 1.

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

After the War of Secession, Since some folks STILL hadn't got the mssg. we straightened out that stuff with the Civil War Amendments.

1: All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

IF States Rights were intended to be on a equal footing with Citizens Rights or Superior to Citizens Federal Rights the Opening Clause would need to state:

are Citizens of Both the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

Right off the top Clause 1 establishes the Supremacy of Federal Citizenship (and it's Protections) over State Citizenship (and it's erosion BY State Tyrannies of/infringement upon,  those Federal guarantees).

In Plain, unvarnished English, States have NO AUTHORITY WHATSOEVER to infringe, revoke, or otherwise limit Any Federally Guaranteed Individual Citizen's Rights.

And Furthermore;

I am not in the slightest interested in any contrary Opinions issued as Case Law by the Courts.

Where Courts have refused to understand/uphold the Plain, Unequivocal Intent and Meaning of any of the Bill of Rights Supremacy over State Govt Regulations, their ruling is in error and in need of being overturned by SCOTUS, which, has not yet upheld in its entirety the actual Supreme Law of these United States.

This clown should be prosecuted for openly conspiring to violate the Civil Rights of every Citizen of the United States.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:05:14 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2018, 02:37:15 pm »

We were told the same damn lie here in Texas. Never, ever believe a damn thing any politician tells
you. Especially if they are saying "we would never".

If you like your seat belt off (like your heath care), you can keep your seat belt off.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2018, 02:47:31 pm »

Oh I wouldn't expect the left to cede your point. Carlson couldn't get this Swalwell clown to admit his plan amounted to firearm confiscation.

There are no grounds for discussion anymore. The left simply is incapable of being honest.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 02:54:10 pm »
I live in the only state in the nation not to have mandatory seat belt laws for adults. Amazingly, the vast majority still choose to buckle up... imagine that. 

We also have no restrictions on owning and carrying firearms in New Hampshire. And despite dire warnings, our streets do not resemble the Wild West. Actually, the "Wild West" in reality never really resembled the Wild West of historical memory, but that's another story.

The price of liberty is always eternal vigilance, because there is always someone, somewhere who believes the human condition might be immeasurably improved by the passage of just One More Law.

Honest people are motivated by concern for others, however misguided their solutions might sometimes be. But far too many others are motivated by a desire for power and control or by fear, which leads them to the same conclusions. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 03:08:59 pm »

You car's computer knows if you're not buckled up.

When are cars going to start finking on you?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 03:24:14 pm »
They're coming...slowly, but surely.  The leftists push, and push, and push until they get their way; whether it be tomorrow or a decade from now.  Perhaps the most concerning statement... " but he did say people could be charged and prosecuted for still owning the rifles if police found them in the course of normal police work."[/u]  Gee... as opposed to abnormal police work? 

This makes me sick to my stomach!

As has been pointed out adroitly by others - it will be just like the seatbelt 'laws' that were introduced with the same promise - only when in the course of 'normal police work' could a person be cited for not wearing a seatbelt.  Now, not only can you be pulled over and cited for not wearing one, they have roadblock checkpoints now - to pull you over to MAKE SURE you have your seatbelt on and your papers are in order.  Comrade.

Confiscation will result in very public raids to create a climate of fear to force compliance with their tyranny.  I just pray and hope that the cost of doing so will be beyond what the government and it's alphabets will risk.  Otherwise it will become the costliest government mandate in the history of mankind.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 03:26:49 pm »
@Jazzhead ?   @Buehler??  @Beuhler???       :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »
@Jazzhead ?   @Buehler??  @Beuhler???       :laugh:

Too gutless to volunteer to put his own ass on the line...too gutless to come here and face the music.

And If by some chance his gutless silliness shows up, I’d say the over/under on his using ANY of the following words is about 1 post:

Reasonable
Efficacious
Community
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 05:45:41 pm »
One of my liberal friends finally admitted that gun confiscation is what libs really wanted.  For a long time she insisted that she just wanted control over so-called "assault weapons" (good luck getting a liberal to define that term).  No, no one was going to deprive anyone of legal gun ownership.  She finally admitted during a whining email right after the Santa Fe shooting that only police and the military should be allowed guns and that any others should be confiscated and banned. 

I emailed her a link to the story about the ordinary citizen with a legal firearm who took out a shooter in an Oklahoma City restaurant.  Haven't heard back from her.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 06:47:35 pm »
@Applewood

I've seen stories of these clowns complaining that WE, are resorting to 'gunsplainin' to confuse the unwary.

Pro 2A types ask for definitions of the dreaded 'Assault Weapons' from the gun-banners to expose them as not knowing WTF they're talking about.

And that 'gunsplainin' is an unfair tactic.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 07:22:22 pm »
@Applewood

I've seen stories of these clowns complaining that WE, are resorting to 'gunsplainin' to confuse the unwary.

Pro 2A types ask for definitions of the dreaded 'Assault Weapons' from the gun-banners to expose them as not knowing WTF they're talking about.

And that 'gunsplainin' is an unfair tactic.

This will never happen.  It's not a popular issue with the public and the people pushing it are people everybody wants to shoot.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline darroll

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2018, 11:10:36 pm »
This will never happen.  It's not a popular issue with the public and the people pushing it are people everybody wants to shoot.
Yup

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2018, 11:21:07 pm »
You car's computer knows if you're not buckled up.

When are cars going to start finking on you?

Well the Feds keep talking about bring back the dreaded Seat Belt Interlock system from 1974. The 70's bullshit was easy to disconnect, but I am guessing the new ones wouldn't be because they would run through the computer.