Author Topic: Hey, Look: More Evidence That Broidy May Have Been Covering For Trump In That Playmate Affair  (Read 1038 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Saturday, December 2, 2017, was a big day for David Dennison. Dennison — as Donald Trump was called in his hush-money agreement with Stormy Daniels — was taking a break from the golfing trips that had dominated his weekends for that entire fall. Today there was no time for golf: He was traveling from the White House to New York City, where he would spend all day on Wall Street, fundraising for his 2020 reelection campaign, and for the Republican National Committee.

Trump would not get back to the White House until 4:45 p.m., but he still found time in his busy schedule that day for one more meeting. That get-together was with a wealthy Republican fundraiser and lobbyist, Elliott Broidy. Broidy, who had been convicted in 2009 of bribing public officials, had spent all of 2017 investing enormous amounts of time and money to acquire what his business partner George Nader termed “this priceless asset” — a private meeting with the president of the United States.

http://amp.nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/05/more-evidence-that-broidy-was-covering-for-trump-in-affair.html
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Rivergirl

Why would the journalists assume that Dennison was Broidy?   Didn't this story break after it was disclosed that Dennison was a name used by Trump in the Stormy matter?

Offline edpc

Why would the journalists assume that Dennison was Broidy?   Didn't this story break after it was disclosed that Dennison was a name used by Trump in the Stormy matter?

As the story details, the existence on the NDA was leaked to a few news outlets.  The WSJ ran it first and they had also been told the 'Dennison' in this case was Broidy.  When they contacted Broidy, he copped to it right away.  There was no denial, referral to a lawyer or a 'no comment' - just a straight up admission. 

Did they 100% buy it?  Who knows.  However, they had someone on record, so they printed it.  It wouldn't surprise me if they were digging further.  After all, there is a somewhat recent precedent for this with Andrew Young taking the heat for the Rielle Hunter affair and pregnancy with John Edwards.

Offline Rivergirl

Surrounded by all the best people.  Smartest people.  Swamp dwellers all.

Offline Frank Cannon

Wow. Not one fact in a 600 paragraph shit piece from a news source only hardened Leftists on the Upper East Side know about.

Scandalous.

Offline RoosGirl

Well that is an interesting take on things

Offline edpc

The really interesting thing will be during the Daniels deposition, when Cohen is asked, under oath, if David Dennison is anyone besides Trump and he says no or pleads the fifth.

Offline Frank Cannon

Mine @RoosGirl ? Of course it is. I am the Walter Winchell of TBR. All my posts are pure gold.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Surrounded by all the best people.  Smartest people.  Swamp dwellers all.

Bitch Please.  Is that all you got?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Bitch Please.  Is that all you got?

Absolutely. It's tattooed on her forehead.

Offline WingNot

Absolutely. It's tattooed on her forehead.
She is like my second wife.  A broken record.  Bitch bitch bitch bitch.

Offline Frank Cannon

She is like my second wife.  A broken record.  Bitch bitch bitch bitch.

I haven't gotten to my second wife yet, but if that is what I have to look forward to, I'll skip right to my third.

Offline WingNot

I haven't gotten to my second wife yet, but if that is what I have to look forward to, I'll skip right to my third.

She had her good qualities.  She was good in bed.  Just ask any of my old neighbors.

Offline skeeter

Wow. Not one fact in a 600 paragraph shit piece from a news source only hardened Leftists on the Upper East Side know about.

Scandalous.

Oh the story has a wider appeal than that. Both of the Morning Joe's viewers are transfixed. And in the Situation Room everyone packs an extra pair of shorts, pending new revelations.

Offline Frank Cannon

She had her good qualities.  She was good in bed.  Just ask any of my old neighbors.

LOL. Top Notch!

Offline Rivergirl

Guess you just couldn't cut it.    So sad, too bad. 

Offline WingNot

Guess you just couldn't cut it.    So sad, too bad.

I guess you would know.

:nono:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 02:18:19 am by mystery-ak »

Offline MOD8

No more personal insults.