Author Topic: Giuliani reverses: Trump should interview with Mueller  (Read 544 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Giuliani reverses: Trump should interview with Mueller
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:28:31 pm »
President Trump’s attorney, Rudy Giuliani, in a reversal on Wednesday said that he now believes that Trump should interview with special counsel Robert Mueller.

“I guess I’d rather do the interview. It gets it over with it, it makes my client happy,” Giuliani told The Washington Post. “The safe course you hear every lawyer say is 'don’t do the interview,' and that’s easy to say in the abstract. That’s much harder when you have a client who is the president of the United States and wants to be interviewed.”

Giuliani has cast doubt on Trump interviewing with Mueller in the past. He told The Wall Street Journal in an interview published Tuesday that if he were to make a decision on the interview at that time, he would decide against it.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/389052-giuliani-reverses-trump-should-interview-with-mueller
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Re: Giuliani reverses: Trump should interview with Mueller
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 07:32:02 pm »
Giuliani also said that he is concerned that a Trump interview with Mueller could be set up to catch the president on a possible perjury charge because “truth is relative.”

“They may have a different version of the truth than we do,” Giuliani said.

I finally understand why people were so excited about the FDA approval of Amgen.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 07:37:57 pm »
The title is a lie and this is fake news. Giuliani doesn't want Donny to testify. Donny wants to testify and is pushing his lawyer to do it. Rudy says he would prefer it not happen.

BTW Trump has always been pushing for this interview, so nothing has changed.

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:15:00 pm »
The title is a lie and this is fake news.

Yes, how dare they interpret his quote of ‘I guess I’d rather do the interview’ as something else.

Offline Concerned

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 11:30:59 pm »
I think Trump would be a fool to voluntarily allow himself to be interviewed by Mueller.  If forced by the courts to submit to a subpoena, I think Trump would be wise to take the 5th (his comments about only guilty people taking the 5th notwithstanding).  I just think it would be impossible for Donald Trump to tell the truth during the entire length of a reasonable interview with Mueller (Kushner just was re-interviewed for 7 hours today).
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.