Author Topic: Jared Kushner awarded permanent security clearance after year of background checks  (Read 510 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jared Kushner awarded permanent security clearance after year of background checks
by Katelyn Caralle
 | May 23, 2018 02:34 PM

President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has been granted a permanent security clearance, a person briefed on the matter confirmed Wednesday.

For the past year, it was unclear if Kushner would in fact be granted a permanent clearance. He had maintained access to the president’s daily brief and intelligence summary through the use of an interim clearance.

“With respect to the news about his clearances, as we stated before, his application was properly submitted, reviewed by numerous career officials and underwent the normal process,” Kushner’s lawyer Abbe Lowell said, according to the New York Times. “Having completed all of these processes, he’s looking forward to continuing to do the work the president has asked him to do.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/jared-kushner-awarded-permanent-security-clearance-after-year-of-background-checks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“With respect to the news about his clearances, as we stated before, his application was properly submitted, reviewed by numerous career officials and underwent the normal process,” Kushner’s lawyer Abbe Lowell said....

Something properly submitted doesn’t need multiple revisions and attorneys to get it done.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Just_Victor

“With respect to the news about his clearances, as we stated before, his application was properly submitted, reviewed by numerous career officials and underwent the normal process,” Kushner’s lawyer Abbe Lowell said....

Something properly submitted doesn’t need multiple revisions and attorneys to get it done.

The quote says "reviews" not "revisions."  I haven't seen it, but did he have to revise his security application?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline edpc

The quote says "reviews" not "revisions."  I haven't seen it, but did he have to revise his security application?

At least three times and submitted revised financial disclosures, as well.  His original attorney on this was Jamie Gorelick of 9/11 fame.

http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-white-house-forms-omissions-cadre-millions-679231
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:12:00 pm by edpc »

Offline Concerned

At least three times and submitted revised financial disclosures, as well.  His original attorney on this was Jamie Gorelick of 9/11 fame.

http://www.newsweek.com/jared-kushner-ivanka-trump-white-house-forms-omissions-cadre-millions-679231

After spending most of my career with a security clearance, I can't imagine ever being granted a Top Secret/SCI clearance if I omitted major foreign contacts and needed to resubmit my paperwork at least three times. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online libertybele

After spending most of my career with a security clearance, I can't imagine ever being granted a Top Secret/SCI clearance if I omitted major foreign contacts and needed to resubmit my paperwork at least three times.

We're talking Mr. Corruption himself.  He will be one of the downfalls of Trump along with Sessions and Rosenstein.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

That’s because you never considered the thought of sitting across the table from the approving body with a Kool-aid mustache, screaming, ‘Do you know who my father-in-law is?’ while pounding on the table.