Author Topic: Report: Kim fears coup if he travels to Singapore for Trump summit  (Read 627 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 23, 2018
Report: Kim fears coup if he travels to Singapore for Trump summit
By Rick Moran

North Korea is far more than a run of the mill dicatorship. It is a paranoid gangster state, enormously corrupt, with various factions always at odds as they jostle for power.

This much is basically public knowledge. But behind the scenes, even the supreme leader, Kim Jong-un, feels threatened. And there is apparently a feeling among the top leadership in North Korea that if Kim attends the Singapore summit with Donald Trump, the military will take advantage of his absence to stage a coup.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/report_kim_fears_coup_if_he_travels_to_singapore_for_trump_summit_.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Report: Kim fears coup if he travels to Singapore for Trump summit
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 02:11:33 pm »
The stakes for the coup plotters couldn't be higher. Execution by mortar round or anti aircraft cannon fire.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 02:23:23 pm »
The stakes for the coup plotters couldn't be higher. Execution by mortar round or anti aircraft cannon fire.

That could be if they don't clap or laugh at the right time.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 02:33:39 pm »

Maybe one of his 'Purges' is in order?  And, the reason for the possible Summit delay?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 02:35:42 pm »
And, the reason for the possible Summit delay?

I believe China hates the thought of losing their yapping Chihuahua, and told him so.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 02:36:43 pm »
I thought he was a little god.  Apparently not to those who actually know him.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 02:41:35 pm »
I believe China hates the thought of losing their yapping Chihuahua, and told him so.

It's difficult to 'read' China.   They just unilaterally lowered their tariffs on certain products and indicate they don't wish a 'Trade War' with Pres. Trump.

The general feeling is that Kim had his a$$ handed to him by Ping after the mountain site collapse and radiation leak.

He doesn't want to end up like Libya's Gaddafi and wishes to introduce China-style version of Capitalism to calm his People and his enemies.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 02:42:14 pm »
He's visited China without much trouble.

Definitely way up there in government corruption, it is among the most dark red nations on the corruption map:

2014 map above.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:43:13 pm by TomSea »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 02:47:27 pm »
The general feeling is that Kim had his a$$ handed to him by Ping after the mountain site collapse and radiation leak.

Well sure. His craziness and his nuclear experiments were affecting China, right next door. I guess they finally got fed up with it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 03:14:18 pm »
It's difficult to 'read' China.   They just unilaterally lowered their tariffs on certain products and indicate they don't wish a 'Trade War' with Pres. Trump.

He doesn't want to end up like Libya's Gaddafi and wishes to introduce China-style version of Capitalism to calm his People and his enemies.

It's not difficult to read China at all.  They're anxiously pursuing their Made In China 2025 agenda and trying to secure economic zones in their immediate sphere of influence.  The South China Sea has large reserves of oil and gas.  North Korea is said to have trillions in untapped resources.  They certainly don't want Kim turning it into a wasteland of useless, contaminated rocks. They'd also rather we had a limited naval presence in the area to avoid complications with their plans in the Nine Dash Line region.

https://nypost.com/2017/07/03/north-korea-is-sitting-on-6-trillion-in-mineral-resources/

https://www.csis.org/analysis/made-china-2025

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 03:17:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 07:54:48 pm »

I believe it was Kwai Chang or maybe it was Li Keqiang who said, "He (rocketman) is bad for business". 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."