Author Topic: Gay man who was denied marriage license by Kim Davis loses primary bid to overthrow her in Kentucky  (Read 355 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/22/gay-man-who-was-denied-marriage-license-by-kim-davis-loses-primary-bid-to-overthrow-her-in-kentucky

Three years after being denied a marriage license by Rowan County clerk Kim Davis in Kentucky, David Ermold has been edged out of the running for challenging Davis; despite out-earning the primary opponent who beat him by at least $200,000 from 48 states.

Davis consumed the news cycle in 2015 after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples because of her religious beliefs, and memorably served five days in jail rather than give in to court 0rders demanding her compliance.

No Republican is challenging Davis in her current run.

Ermold’s campaign also reportedly received some Hollywood help in his bid for public office, with Susan Sarandon and Amy Schumer both contributing to his campaign.

But Davis hasn’t raised funds or spent any money on her reelection efforts.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Where did he think he was...california?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Where did he think he was...california?

LOL. I know. These asshats think they can get a Hollywierd bankroll and just take over a place like rural KY.