Author Topic: Family that took in Parkland shooter being sued  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Family that took in Parkland shooter being sued
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2018, 09:58:38 pm »
I believe you, if for no other reason than that I know people are generally pretty damned stupid.  The people nominated Donald Trump; that’s pretty good evidence of national stupidity. 

Of course, if you like the Constitution, and the rights you enjoy under it, then you owe that to lawyers - more than half of the Founders were lawyers.  By your argument, you owe all of your freedoms to lawyers, and should be accordingly deferential. 

So either STFU or start thinking logically and rationally.
In all fairness only about half of half of the people nominated Donald Trump. The other slightly more than half (after fraud) nominated Hillary Clinton--even more stupid, imho.

Yes, the learned men who wrote and approved the Constitution may have had numerous lawyers among them, but the group who have since attacked the intent of that document have been almost all lawyers.

I owe my freedom to the benevolence of an Almighty God, who has kept the rest at bay.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis