Author Topic: USPS offers digital Informed Delivery service  (Read 544 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
USPS offers digital Informed Delivery service
« on: May 22, 2018, 08:31:42 pm »
https://www.semissourian.com/story/2507475.html

Informed Delivery is a free service of the United States Postal Service -- now available -- aimed at providing residential customers options to digitally preview and manage their incoming letter-sized mail and packages on a computer or mobile device.

Is this useful or not? Do I want images for all the junk mail I get?

Offline Meldrew

Re: USPS offers digital Informed Delivery service
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 08:52:55 pm »
I've used it for several months now. It is useful... sometimes.  You don't get images of everything just the letters etc that are sorted individually.  The "bulk presort" crap still shows up but you don't see it in your account. The images delete after a week so you don't have to clean up the account. 

It's helpful if you're expecting something important like a check so you know to go to the box early.  It also tracks packages so you can know with a fair degree of certainty that a package is picked up at the senders end or is out for delivery to you. 

It's not infallible of course - it IS the post office after all - but in all a helpful service. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 09:11:05 pm »
Post bookmark
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 09:31:32 pm »
Been using it for a year or so...most "Junk Mail" doesn't show up...just stuff mailed with 1st class postage I think. Don't see "Red Plum" mailers, etc..