Author Topic: Ted Cruz leads Democrat Beto O’Rourke in Texas Senate race: Poll  (Read 1241 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/22/ted-cruz-leads-beto-orourke-texas-senate-race/

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz leads his Democratic challenger Beto O’Rourke by seven percentage points in the U.S. Senate race in Texas, according to a JMC Analytics and Polling survey released Tuesday.

The survey found Mr. Cruz has a 47 percent to 40 percent lead over Mr. O’Rourke, with 6 percent of registered voters lining up behind independent Jonathan Jenkins and 7 percent still up for grabs.

In the poll analysis, the group described Mr. Cruz’s lead as “modest.” They said Mr. O’Rourke is not well-known statewide and that Mr. Cruz’s approval rating is “underwater” in his home state.

Forty-two percent approved of the job Mr. Cruz is doing, while 44 percent disapproved, according to the poll, which had a 4.1 percent margin of error.

The survey also found that Republican Gov. Greg Abbott has a more comfortable lead, 48 percent to 36 percent, over his Democratic challenger Lupe Valdez in the gubernatorial race.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/22/ted-cruz-leads-beto-orourke-texas-senate-race/

Maybe Beto can run for President... the democrats are desperate for a candidate.  He certainly won't be a Senator.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

Maybe Beto can run for President... the democrats are desperate for a candidate.  He certainly won't be a Senator.

Well he might be able to use the Senate as a stepping stone. Cruz's approvals are less than stellar. I'm a little surprised by them.

Offline GrouchoTex

Well he might be able to use the Senate as a stepping stone. Cruz's approvals are less than stellar. I'm a little surprised by them.

I am as well.
I figured they'd be higher.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Little Paddy O'rourke has been very quiet lately.  I am very surprized at this. I thought with the Santa Fe Tx shootings his fake beaner self would be all over the news preaching the rats "Gun Grab" meme.

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yes, but Cruz is not leading by Eleventy Seven points, so...Democrats Win! :smokin:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Just_Victor

Little Paddy O'rourke has been very quiet lately.  I am very surprized at this. I thought with the Santa Fe Tx shootings his fake beaner self would be all over the news preaching the rats "Gun Grab" meme.

Even O'Rourke knows better than to run as anti-2nd Amendment in Texas.  That might cause him to outdo Wendy's trouncing against Abbott.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline thackney

Even O'Rourke knows better than to run as anti-2nd Amendment in Texas.  That might cause him to outdo Wendy's trouncing against Abbott.

Beto O'Rourke talks gun control at Houston campaign events
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Beto-O-Rourke-talks-gun-control-at-Houston-12810246.php
April 5, 2018

During a pair campaign stops in Houston on Thursday, Democrat Beto O'Rourke jumped right into the middle of the gun regulation debate, saying he fully backs a call for universal background checks and a proposal to ban the sale of assault-style weapons.

"There is no reason that weapons of war should be sold to people in this country," O'Rourke told a rousing round of applause from supporters at a town hall meeting at the University of Houston on Thursday.

Hours earlier, he had a similar message at another town hall in the heart of Houston's East End. O'Rourke told that crowd that he is a co-sponsor on a bill that would ban the sale of weapons like the AR-15...

- - - - - - -

https://www.inquisitr.com/4906905/ted-cruz-could-easily-be-defeated-by-beto-orourke-polls-show/
May 20, 2018

...In a conversation with The Texas Tribune, O’Rourke said that he will focus more on positive changes than opposition to particular policies or candidates.

He said that he is “not running against,” but “for something.” The Democrat said that he would focus on three key issued: gun control, broadband internet, and public education. “There needs to be an increased focus on bipartisanship. One area that calls for cross-aisle politics is gun regulations. The Second Amendment shouldn’t be repealed,” O’Rourke said....

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Just_Victor

Beto O'Rourke talks gun control at Houston campaign events
https://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Beto-O-Rourke-talks-gun-control-at-Houston-12810246.php
April 5, 2018

During a pair campaign stops in Houston on Thursday, Democrat Beto O'Rourke jumped right into the middle of the gun regulation debate, saying he fully backs a call for universal background checks and a proposal to ban the sale of assault-style weapons.

"There is no reason that weapons of war should be sold to people in this country," O'Rourke told a rousing round of applause from supporters at a town hall meeting at the University of Houston on Thursday.

Hours earlier, he had a similar message at another town hall in the heart of Houston's East End. O'Rourke told that crowd that he is a co-sponsor on a bill that would ban the sale of weapons like the AR-15...

- - - - - - -

https://www.inquisitr.com/4906905/ted-cruz-could-easily-be-defeated-by-beto-orourke-polls-show/
May 20, 2018

...In a conversation with The Texas Tribune, O’Rourke said that he will focus more on positive changes than opposition to particular policies or candidates.

He said that he is “not running against,” but “for something.” The Democrat said that he would focus on three key issued: gun control, broadband internet, and public education. “There needs to be an increased focus on bipartisanship. One area that calls for cross-aisle politics is gun regulations. The Second Amendment shouldn’t be repealed,” O’Rourke said....

I stand corrected.  We'll see how that works out for him.   :silly:
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline thackney

I stand corrected.  We'll see how that works out for him.   :silly:

I'll give odds that Cruz beats him by double digit percentage...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline GrouchoTex

I sure hope so.

Online corbe

Any thing less than the 20% Abbott beat Davis in 2014 will be a happy disappointment for me.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!

I think Cruz will.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I thought you had learned not to trust polls, Frank.

But maybe a lot of Trump supporters still aren't all that in love with Ted.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This is the best picture I could find of Beto. He needs to be much manlier if he is to beat Cruz.

Online corbe

He looks more like a Blue Blood Kennedy than a Mesican to me, anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

This is the best picture I could find of Beto. He needs to be much manlier if he is to beat Cruz.

That Boy is pretty long in the tooth for a hispanic.  They have great gums... They have summer Teeth,but damn good gums.

Offline al_c

Beto won't win. Texas is not ready to go blue. It'll take a lot more Californians moving here before that happens.
al_c

Offline Frank Cannon

I thought you had learned not to trust polls, Frank.

But maybe a lot of Trump supporters still aren't all that in love with Ted.

I don't trust polls at all, but if you take this one which measured both Abbott and Cruz, the same flawed bullshit questions gave both of them a 6 point spread. That means that Cruz is under Abbott for some reason.

Online corbe

It's the Texas Trumpers that allow Cruz to still live in their 'collective' heads, that knock off a few points.

Offline WingNot

It's the Texas Trumpers that allow Cruz to still live in their 'collective' heads, that knock off a few points.

You ain't right in the head.  But you know that.   888high58888

Online corbe

True @Wingnut, but I'm not Gay, my Girlfriend is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

It all depends upon who was surveyed and what they were asked.

Offline WingNot

True @Wingnut, but I'm not Gay, my Girlfriend is.

If only you would just stop poontangin around with those showfolk faggs you might turn your life around.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Those are the ones that hoped trump would go through with his threat to primary Ted.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!