Author Topic: Trump’s Top Economic Adviser Says Amazon Threats Are ‘Not In My Lane’  (Read 9172 times)

Offline roamer_1

I was born a crotchety old man, so there's that.

Them hikers are Dexters by the way... Company is long gone, so I'm told... I have had Dexters since I was a teen... That pair and this pair...

Man, I will hate it when they finally die.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   My ol Lady goes ballistic when I say 'panties in a wad', must be an experience thing cause I just don't get it.

@corbe   I dislike the use of the word 'panties.' on the forum. Someone told me to put on my big girl panties.  I was highly offended.  I wear small.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

It's better than what we use to stare at in the mornings at the Bus Stop~who was bogarting the Joint.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

I kinda figured you did @Emjay (wear small), that's the way you always appear in my Dreams, anyway.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty   I only get to go when my son-in-law wants to go.  I don't drive in that part of Maui.  Why don't you never get to go?

Mrs Liberty does all the shopping, and I drive her nutz when we go to the store together.  It's not a matter of distance or anything, it's less than a mile from me.  It's the bad part of the neighborhood, though.  Section Eight apartments across the street from Wally World.  It's not bad, they only had that one shooting spree a few years back, but you don't go to that WM without carrying.

Mrs. Liberty has a Taurus .380.  It's pink.

Mine is black.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

We are detaching ourselves from all human interaction.  People text to each other while sitting at the same table.  What's up with that.

That's a fact. I make it a point to go around and pay my bills in person. If I need to talk to someone, I hardly ever do it on the phone anymore... I'll come around and see em. Sweet tea on the porch is becoming a lost art, and the world is a sad place for it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Human beings are quite often 'assholes' and I am sometimes grateful that people here can't reach out and slap me.

However, I find it sad sometimes.  On our early walks, Smitty and I often see a group of high school kids waiting for the bus.  There is no pushing, shoving, laughing, talking, etc.  Even the pretty girl is ignored.  They are all silently staring at their phones.  Is that normal?

It is.  For one thing, if a boy looks at a pretty girl wrong, he's shipped off to the special school for pervs.  It's an introduction to life as a grownup, because that's what they do to regular guys in the workplace.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Them hikers are Dexters by the way... Company is long gone, so I'm told... I have had Dexters since I was a teen... That pair and this pair...

Man, I will hate it when they finally die.

I used to where shoes like that.  I don't think they were Dexters, though.  They were beaten to heck and I had knots in the laces.  Tossed them when I got hitched.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It is.  For one thing, if a boy looks at a pretty girl wrong, he's shipped off to the special school for pervs.  It's an introduction to life as a grownup, because that's what they do to regular guys in the workplace.

Just wait until the new Princess Meghan gets her social justice movement going. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@corbe   I dislike the use of the word 'panties.' on the forum. Someone told me to put on my big girl panties.  I was highly offended.  I wear small.

Just dont wear em on your head.  That's torture
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just wait until the new Princess Meghan gets her social justice movement going.

We're not much better off on this side of the pond.  Melania kicked off her anti-Opioid crusade last week, and I think we're going to hate that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

Fine with me.  Humans are a$$holes.    :tongue2:

(I like Walmart sometimes too, but I never get to go.)

@Cyber Liberty

Gee I hadn't  noticed

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just dont wear em on your head.  That's torture

The wearing or the viewing?   *bouche*
I will NOT comply.

Offline driftdiver

The wearing or the viewing?   *bouche*

Heck I'm still stuck on going to England for toothpaste

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Heck I'm still stuck on going to England for toothpaste

It's good stuff....
I will NOT comply.

Offline RoosGirl

Y'all were busy while I was gone.  I like it.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
@Wingnut   That reminds me of the evolution of euphemisms.  I was criticized in a writing group because of calling a boy 'retarded.'  (He was retarded)..  Actually 'retarded' was an effort at a euphemism whereas before words like stupid, dummy, idiot, etc. were used. 

People keep trying to think of a kinder, gentler way to describe retarded people.  Now, they are 'special.'  But that will gradually be denounced as pejorative.
\
In my lean years I did a stint as a substitute teacher.  One day a kid was acting up in class and I said:  "Don't act like a retard."  Several days later all hell broke loose from the PC Crowd.  Long story short... after being hauled in front of the Spanish PC Inquisition I told the principal and the HR person holding the kangaroo Court to kiss my white retarded ass.   I never set foot in a school house again.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
...And let me guess... When they got on that bus, one of em sat down right next to you, right?
@roamer_1
That was You!  Damn Roamer.... if I had only known! 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
\
In my lean years I did a stint as a substitute teacher.  One day a kid was acting up in class and I said:  "Don't act like a retard."  Several days later all hell broke loose from the PC Crowd.  Long story short... after being hauled in front of the Spanish PC Inquisition I told the principal and the HR person holding the kangaroo Court to kiss my white retarded ass.   I never set foot in a school house again.

@Wingnut   That was pretty mild.  I was actually referring to a character in a book as retarded.  I don't blame you for leaving. 

Offline RoosGirl

\

That's much better than the PE instructor I had in elementary school that punched a kid in the chest because he was acting up in class.  I'm pretty sure that guy never set foot in a school house again too.

Offline Suppressed

Saturday, I pulled up my Amazon and told it I want 45" laces for walking shoes, brown.  Up came a half-dozen different manufacturers of laces that had brown in stock, all AZ Prime.  I'll have them today because they're out for delivery by AMZL, along with some Perio teethbrushes I couldn't even find at CVS.

That's actually pretty funny to me, @Cyber Liberty.  About the only thing I couldn't find from Amazon a while back was the right black shoelaces!  I was also surprised to see that they didn't carry the very common Kiwi brand.  (I just did a search and see that they now have a much better selection, and carry Kiwi.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That's much better than the PE instructor I had in elementary school that punched a kid in the chest because he was acting up in class.  I'm pretty sure that guy never set foot in a school house again too.

Catholic Parochial school...and the Sisters of Mercy never feared that happening to them.

Can still 'see' Sister Mary Redempta, my 4th grade teacher flipping Thomas Crain over her shoulder and body slamming him on the linoleum floor.

Thomas Crain was 15.  Typical 4th graders are 10.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DB

Regarding pretty odd things on Amazon (beyond all the normal stuff)...

I've bought a replacement motor capacitor for an A/C condenser fan on one of my HVAC units... Got it faster than I could get an A/C repair guy here to replace it...

A Paraffin Cartridge temperature regulating shower replacement valve and numerous other odd plumbing parts. Didn't need a plumber.

A Hakko Soldering Station FX-951-66. This has replaceable elements for very small soldering iron tips that are temperature regulating and very high power (up to 75 watts). I also got a wide variety of tips to go with it all on Amazon.

A X-Tronic Model 5040-XR3 All In One Hot Air Rework Soldering Iron Station With Preheater.

A Bluetooth enabled CMS 50F PLUS OLED Wrist Color Pulse Oximeter along with other medical devices.

Numerous hard drives, NAS stations, computer parts, etc.

All in one place! And usually either better pricing or very competitive all with great customer service.