Author Topic: Trump’s Top Economic Adviser Says Amazon Threats Are ‘Not In My Lane’  (Read 9247 times)

Offline Suppressed

Same here.  I hate USPS for package delivery, they're the worst.  I halfway hope Trump gets his way on this so Amazon and their affiliates will just drop USPS altogether.

I dread FedEx and UPS.

FedEx: forget it. 

UPS: one great driver. Others...forget it.  That's even with "UPS Choice". 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
SO, when I can go down to O'Rielly's and buy spark plugs for half or a quarter of what you can, does that mean O'Rielly's is jacking up the little guy (*you*) so they can subsidize me? Is that really what you think?

@roamer_1
Says the guy whose ego is tied up around how much he pays for a mouse.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline GrouchoTex

@Cyber Liberty
Buying toothpaste from the UK, now there is a new one on me. 

"Tooth paste and Tooth brush were invented in West Virginia.

If it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called "teeth paste" and "Teeth brush".

(I'll show myself out....)

Offline driftdiver

"Tooth paste and Tooth brush were invented in West Virginia.

If it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called "teeth paste" and "Teeth brush".

(I'll show myself out....)

@GrouchoTex

888high58888 888high58888 888high58888

Offline Suppressed

@driftdiver

If you read the articles they say the loss is due to a decline in 1st class mail despite a doubling of the package volume.

Thank you for making my point.

Basically people aren't sending as many letters due to online bill pay.   So no the package business does not offset the loss, certainly not at the discounted rates companies like Amazon pay.  The USPS fought for market share and under priced delivery, losing money on every package shipped by those companies.   They increased prices for individual mailers but that wasn't enough to make up the difference.

No, they don't "[lose] money on every package shipped".   They MAKE money on every package shipped.  Could they make more?  Citi says yes.  But they still make money at current pricing.

PLEASE don't use Bernie math.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline GrouchoTex

@GrouchoTex

888high58888 888high58888 888high58888

@driftdiver
I have a good friend who came from West-By-God-Virginia who told me that joke.
It's a keeper.

Offline driftdiver

@driftdiver

Thank you for making my point.

No, they don't "[lose] money on every package shipped".   They MAKE money on every package shipped.  Could they make more?  Citi says yes.  But they still make money at current pricing.

PLEASE don't use Bernie math.

@Suppressed
Well you may buy that but I don't accept that the USPS makes money on the rates charged to big business.   They want us to think they do but when they are charging a couple dollars to ship a package there is no way they are making money.  Heck I've had had the USPS make 2 and 3 stops to my house on the same day with a single package each time.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@driftdiver
I have a good friend who came from West-By-God-Virginia who told me that joke.
It's a keeper.

A whole page of this thread on the welcome page.  WTF happened?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
@txradioguy
First Sears took over all the retail business; then Wal-Mart took over the retail business.  Sears did it with the catalog they sent out to everyone and Sears was innovative in the easy return policy.  Wal-Mart did it by carrying everything in one store and with cheaper prices.  Both times other retailers were hurt including the Mom and Pops we love so much.

We cannot let government step in and protect one company over another.  It's called free enterprise.

I love Amazon with all my heart.  I pay the fee yearly also because I order so much.  I don't want them to have an unfair advantage but I don't want them to be punished.

About a year ago, I asked a Walmart employee where they kept the Amazon gift certificates.  He responded that Amazon was a verboten dirty word in the company and was not to be spoken of.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
No.  More like:

The Post Office Sucks.

Trump Sucks.

Bezos as a person Sucks - but Amazon.com is a golden God and we love getting all our shit from there delivered right to our front door.  Millions of things we cannot get locally, delivered.

Anything government touches turns to crap.

That's about right.

I approve of your edit!   :beer:
@Emjay @INVAR
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
@roamer_1
Volume pricing means you buy a lot.

I buy one every couple of years.

Who spends more each year on stupid mouses??????   Seriously man let it go before I send you the theme music to the movie Frozen

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline goodwithagun

I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline GrouchoTex

I'll have to see if I can go back there and refresh my memory.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Whatever it was that happened on the last thread about Trump vs Amazon.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
About a year ago, I asked a Walmart employee where they kept the Amazon gift certificates.  He responded that Amazon was a verboten dirty word in the company and was not to be spoken of.

I can imagine.  Amazon is the new WalMart ... but Walmart is not hurting a bit.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I can imagine.  Amazon is the new WalMart ... but Walmart is not hurting a bit.

But they are adapting their strategy to people that don't like to shop at brick and mortar stores anymore.

Shop and pay for your items from your app drive to the store and an associate brings it out and loads it in your car.

So far Walmart...Kroger and Lowes have set up services like that where I live and target is prepping a spot in their parking lot to do the same.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
But they are adapting their strategy to people that don't like to shop at brick and mortar stores anymore.

Shop and pay for your items from your app drive to the store and an associate brings it out and loads it in your car.

So far Walmart...Kroger and Lowes have set up services like that where I live and target is prepping a spot in their parking lot to do the same.

I got caught in that Amazon convenience trap awhile back before my wife reminded me how it will be like if there are no more brick/mortar options left.  So, I only use AMZ now if there isn't a local choice.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I got caught in that Amazon convenience trap awhile back before my wife reminded me how it will be like if there are no more brick/mortar options left.  So, I only use AMZ now if there isn't a local choice.

I try to use the local stores too when I can.  Thankfully I'm in a small enough town there's still some local mom and pop shops on the town square that I can give my business too.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

@Suppressed
Well you may buy that but I don't accept that the USPS makes money on the rates charged to big business.   They want us to think they do but when they are charging a couple dollars to ship a package there is no way they are making money.  Heck I've had had the USPS make 2 and 3 stops to my house on the same day with a single package each time.

And it was the only mail he carried that day, right?

+++++++++

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I try to use the local stores too when I can.  Thankfully I'm in a small enough town there's still some local mom and pop shops on the town square that I can give my business too.

I use local stores that truly care about my business whenever possible.  There are two or three that I can think of off the top of my head.  One is a local hardware store that's been in business in the same spot for over 80 years.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

For me, it's not convenience that sends me to Amazon, it's selection.  Last week I broke a shoelace for a pair of tan walking shoes I have.  Last time I broke a lace on those shoes, I had to settle for black laces because, when I went to Walmart, they only had about four styles to choose from, none of them brown or tan.  I had to take the black ones that I didn't like as much (but at least they were for walking shoes).  One set matched that specification.  One.  And I got the last one on the display.  After I walked away the next customer was SOL.

Saturday, I pulled up my Amazon and told it I want 45" laces for walking shoes, brown.  Up came a half-dozen different manufacturers of laces that had brown in stock, all AZ Prime.  I'll have them today because they're out for delivery by AMZL, along with some Perio teethbrushes I couldn't even find at CVS.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I use local stores that truly care about my business whenever possible.  There are two or three that I can think of off the top of my head.  One is a local hardware store that's been in business in the same spot for over 80 years.

Same here, not 80 years, but maybe 40.   The 5X I pay is worth the expertise and advise from those guys.   Try getting that at a Walmart, Home Depot, or Lowes.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
And it was the only mail he carried that day, right?

I wonder how much it saves UPS to be able to pick up a hundred packages at one location, as opposed to having to pick them up from a hundred locations?  (For those unfamiliar with shipping stuff from your house, I can pack a box at my home, go to the USPS website, print a flat-rate label and the mail guy will come and pick it up.  I even get tracking info.)
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
For me, it's not convenience that sends me to Amazon, it's selection.  Last week I broke a shoelace for a pair of tan walking shoes I have.  Last time I broke a lace on those shoes, I had to settle for black laces because, when I went to Walmart, they only had about four styles to choose from, none of them brown or tan.  I had to take the black ones that I didn't like as much (but at least they were for walking shoes).  One set matched that specification.  One.  And I got the last one on the display.  After I walked away the next customer was SOL.

Saturday, I pulled up my Amazon and told it I want 45" laces for walking shoes, brown.  Up came a half-dozen different manufacturers of laces that had brown in stock, all AZ Prime.  I'll have them today because they're out for delivery by AMZL, along with some Perio teethbrushes I couldn't even find at CVS.

This thread is a hoot!   

Shoelaces??   Toothpaste??   'Imported' from Great Britain, no less?? 

Such high-falooting bullshit.... get in your Pinto (or S Class) and drive down to the GD store like everybody else.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

I love it.  I do all my grocery shopping that way now.  I went to grocery store the other day for something quick and realized I haven't been in there for more than 6 months.
+++++++++