Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18969 times)

Offline GrouchoTex

Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #225 on: May 19, 2018, 04:38:11 pm »
Like last time, it probably means some spectacularly stupid comments, possibly involving due process and forfeiture of assets.

Oh, man, I hope not.
I hope they learned from that last episode.

Offline verga

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2018, 04:53:47 pm »
The president is promising 'action'. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-world/president-trump-promises-action-from-his-administration-after-texas-school-shooting/553571863?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5b00442704d3010b5f78464f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook
let's hope it means an end to gun free zones and a path to qualified teachers being trained and armed.  I am allowed to hope.... right......
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2018, 04:55:24 pm »
let's hope it means an end to gun free zones and a path to qualified teachers being trained and armed.  I am allowed to hope.... right......

I'm with ya.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2018, 05:06:02 pm »
Wow aren't folks sensitive...... :whistle: ....my little post seems to have caused all kinds of ruffled feathers..... :silly:

Just to clarify, the post was meant to express my opinion that voting for the lessor of two evils election cycle after election cycle can only lead to one conclusion...

I don't post here often because I actually have a busy life and reading the faux outrage that both the NT and AT's post over and over on a daily basis is quite boring,  so don't worry snowflakes I'm unlikely to offend your gentle sensibilities for awhile...... 22222frying pan

As always major kudo's to myst @mystery-ak for maintaining the best forum on the web.... :beer:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2018, 05:46:27 pm »
On the report I saw the word used was inoperative. They were there and someone had to have put them there.  Thank God they were inoperative.

Galveston County Judge Mark Henry told reporters Pagourtzis attempted to use explosive devices but none were functional.

Henry said “there were CO2 (carbon dioxide) cannisters wrapped up with duct tape, but no way to detonate, and a pressure cooker with an alarm clock, and some nails but no explosive device.

Fake.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2018, 06:06:16 pm »
Galveston County Judge Mark Henry told reporters Pagourtzis attempted to use explosive devices but none were functional.

Henry said “there were CO2 (carbon dioxide) cannisters wrapped up with duct tape, but no way to detonate, and a pressure cooker with an alarm clock, and some nails but no explosive device.

Fake.

Yes!  But who put them there?  Surely not the shooter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »

I hadn't heard the size. CO2 canisters go down to the size of the ones used in pellet pistols. He could have carried them in the pockets of that trench coat he wore.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2018, 06:45:36 pm »

Why not?!?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2018, 06:48:06 pm »
We won't be hearing from @montanajoe for another month after the latest anti-Trump rant....total lack of class, to take shots, pot shots at the occupant of the White House, over a great tragedy a community has suffered.

@DCPatriot

I would suggest just scanning over the hate some of these NTs write. I learned that long ago. It would be improper to name others but they should be.

Hmmmm.....and here, I just came back to apologize, after seeing @mystery-ak 's post/opinion.

Maybe it was the time of the day....the day of the week...what I ate...don't know.   

I also apologize to you, @TomSea ... for getting you called on the carpet for 'seeing' what I saw. 

Something totally out-of-place.  Not only in THIS thread, but truthfully, any thread.

If a member cannot appreciate the efforts and results of the Trump Presidency to date.... and to tie him somehow to this senseless slaughter?     9999hair out0000

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:52:14 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »
Some minds will never change, DC. Like mine. You know the drill...Trump could shoot someone on 5th Ave and I would still worship him.  :silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2018, 07:49:53 pm »

If a member cannot appreciate the efforts and results of the Trump Presidency to date.... and to tie him somehow to this senseless slaughter?     9999hair out0000

That's funny, because I seem to recall plenty of Republicans and Conservatives who had zero problem with rightfully tying Obama to creating an atmosphere of hate and violence during events like Michael Brown and the Ferguson riots, the movie theater shootings and all the senseless cop killings - and laying the blame for those things at Obama's feet.

Somehow that formula does not apply to an atmosphere of incivility having been escalated simply because it's Trump? 

That is yet another interesting double-standard for the Trump roster.

I think this board in itself for the past 18 months is a living testament to the fact that Trump and people like you who delight in "rubbing our faces in it daily" do nothing but stoke the atmosphere of incivility.  Not that this had anything to do with motivating the nut job to go shoot up his school - but the idea that you would get all upset that someone would suggest that Trump has not done much to diffuse the time-bomb Obama rigged and activated among the populace is hilarious.

Trump could shoot someone on 5th Ave and I would still worship him. 

At least now you slyly admit it, even though your posts have already photographed that truth.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2018, 07:57:53 pm »
We are dealing with big generalizations here. In reality, this likely had zero to do with Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, or any other politician or political ideology. This was a fk'd up kid who, by some reports, was highly bullied- even by teachers and coaches, to the point he snapped. I doubt even the political environment of the past 2 or 10 years contributed to this. We've been sliding down hill for a long time in regards to how we treat each other, respect, and common civility. But when it comes down to it, the responsibility lays with the kid himself, and maybe to a small margin, with those who bullied him (if true, one could even say he was mentally tortured until he snapped depending on who was asked about his bullying).

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2018, 08:13:51 pm »
We are dealing with big generalizations here. In reality, this likely had zero to do with Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, or any other politician or political ideology.

Of course it was, but everything political now. 

So get with the program and blame somebody for it besides the shooter.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2018, 08:51:51 pm »
 888high58888
Problem is hyped media attention gives some disturbed individuals sitting on the fence visions of glory, edging them closer to pulling the trigger. Maybe a media black out on naming the perp is in order.

@aligncare    888high58888
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2018, 09:08:37 pm »
Bullying and child abuse have been redefined so that a harmless teasing is now bullying and trying to correct your child's bad behavior is now child abuse.  I don't know -- when I was a kid, I wasn't one of the popular kids and I was teased mercilessly.  Didn't really affect me.  I didn't run crying to my folks or to the teachers or administrators because my feelings were hurt.  My parents didn't run to the school to demand action against the kid or kids who said an unkind word.  I sucked it up, took it and maybe sometimes I gave it back to the tormentor.  I turned out fine. 

As for corporal punishment -- if it was necessary, my parents gave me a swat on the rear.  Paddling was still allowed in school until I was in the sixth grade.  IMHO, once paddling was outlawed, that was when kids started turning out as selfish, spoiled brats as adults. Now, if you even raise your voice at your child, he or she can turn you in to the authorities.  Kids are already the property of the state.  The parents have no control.   And they wonder why the kids are turning into drug addicts, murderers and terrorists. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #240 on: May 19, 2018, 09:26:27 pm »
Bullying and child abuse have been redefined so that a harmless teasing is now bullying and trying to correct your child's bad behavior is now child abuse.  I don't know -- when I was a kid, I wasn't one of the popular kids and I was teased mercilessly.  Didn't really affect me.  I didn't run crying to my folks or to the teachers or administrators because my feelings were hurt.  My parents didn't run to the school to demand action against the kid or kids who said an unkind word.  I sucked it up, took it and maybe sometimes I gave it back to the tormentor.  I turned out fine. 

As for corporal punishment -- if it was necessary, my parents gave me a swat on the rear.  Paddling was still allowed in school until I was in the sixth grade.  IMHO, once paddling was outlawed, that was when kids started turning out as selfish, spoiled brats as adults. Now, if you even raise your voice at your child, he or she can turn you in to the authorities.  Kids are already the property of the state.  The parents have no control.   And they wonder why the kids are turning into drug addicts, murderers and terrorists.

My wife and I are enjoying our 50th year of marriage and our youngest is now 45.  We have no grandchildren and that has been the subject of much late night conversation these last few years.  All I can figure out is that God is protecting us from what's coming.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2018, 12:04:40 am »

I say "spanking" and people think I am an abusive parent. Corporal Punishment sounds like something only a last minute  phone call from the Governor can save you from. So the words I use, "Applying the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:05:39 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2018, 12:44:25 am »
Educational materials are already prepared to help kids understand self-defense:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline berdie

« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2018, 01:31:27 am »
I say "spanking" and people think I am an abusive parent. Corporal Punishment sounds like something only a last minute  phone call from the Governor can save you from. So the words I use, "Applying the Board of Education to the Seat of Knowledge."

That is hilarious @NavyCanDo . And I will plagerize you in my private life. :laugh:

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2018, 02:43:01 am »
Texas school shooter killed girl who turned down his advances and embarrassed him in class, her mother says

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-texas-shooter-20180519-story.html

One of Pagourtzis' classmates who died in the attack, Shana Fisher, "had 4 months of problems from this boy," her mother, Sadie Rodriguez, wrote in a private message to the Los Angeles Times on Facebook. "He kept making advances on her and she repeatedly told him no."

Pagourtzis continued to get more aggressive, and she finally stood up to him and embarrassed him in class, Rodriguez said. "A week later he opens fire on everyone he didn't like," she wrote. "Shana being the first one." Rodriguez didn't say how she knew her daughter was the first victim.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #245 on: May 20, 2018, 11:50:08 am »
I skirt close to Santa Fe quite often, when I'm going down 2004.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #246 on: May 20, 2018, 11:52:52 am »
I skirt close to Santa Fe quite often, when I'm going down 2004.

@Elderberry

2004? You sound like a neighbor too.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #247 on: May 20, 2018, 12:23:22 pm »

LOL.  I remember a teacher in elementary school who called the paddle the "Board of Education."  A kid in my class named Jimmy had it applied regularly to his "seat."  Jimmy turned out well though.  Saw him not long ago,  He is retired from a corporate executive position and is enjoying his new job as a grandfather.

Paddling is not child abuse.  It's correction of bad behavior.  Spoiled brats like David Hogg are a good reason to bring paddling back.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #248 on: May 20, 2018, 01:17:45 pm »
LOL.  I remember a teacher in elementary school who called the paddle the "Board of Education."  A kid in my class named Jimmy had it applied regularly to his "seat."  Jimmy turned out well though.  Saw him not long ago,  He is retired from a corporate executive position and is enjoying his new job as a grandfather.

Paddling is not child abuse.  It's correction of bad behavior.  Spoiled brats like David Hogg are a good reason to bring paddling back.

I grew up before ADD was invented thank God.  I was as unruly as they come as a child and became very well acquainted with the board of education.  Remained so for a long time but somehow managed to get through school, a tour of a foreign land in war time, married to the same great lady for 50+ years now and retired from a long and successful career.  Many young people today will never have the opportunity to do that I greatly fear.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2018, 01:40:41 pm »
This whole thing really has me sad. The first shooter as far as I know was in the early 80s, was a teenage girl and inspired the song "I don't like Mondays" by Sir Bob Geldorf.

I'm just guessing because I really haven't studied Sociology, but maybe the decline of the family like it was in the 50s contributed to this?

We need family values. People who value each other and don't view love as a one night stand. No more baby daddies.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️