Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18981 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2018, 02:10:35 pm »
One man on the TV last nite said the bombs were fakes.

On the report I saw the word used was inoperative. They were there and someone had to have put them there.  Thank God they were inoperative.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2018, 02:14:42 pm »
@TomSea @DCPatriot

Honestly curious, not looking to start a food fight.  And let me preface by saying that I disagree with the assertion made in the last sentence of that post.  But what established posting guideline did that violate that warranted removal?

Wow, all the post related to it are gone as well!
Wha...?
So 2 members didn't like a 3rd saying the the increasing violence can be laid at Trump's doorstep (paraphrasing).
Like you, I don't agree with that, but how did it attack another member?
I don't get it.
It was an opinion, but not an attack on a member.
Geez......
Did I wander into DU, where all thoughts contrary are now removed?
Hey, guys, I know, let's rewrite the history books and tear down statues!
Since it is forbidden to think differently now, lets all wear the same clothing so we can easily identify each other, as opposed to "those people".
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:15:21 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2018, 02:15:56 pm »
It seems @DCPatriot spotted a post that should have been deleted.

@Axeslinger    @mystery-ak

This thread doesn't seem to be the place for such talk.
@mystery-ak @TomSea

Ok, but WHY did it need to be deleted.  What was it in violation of?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2018, 02:35:44 pm »
Wha...?
So 2 members didn't like a 3rd saying the the increasing violence can be laid at Trump's doorstep (paraphrasing).
I don't get it.
Geez......
Since it is forbidden to think differently now, lets all wear the same clothing so we can easily identify each other, as opposed to "those people".

I have no idea what was said and removed..it is not in the deleted archives
@TomSea  as MOD of this thread be careful what you remove..just because one member finds it disgusting doesn't make it so.

Edited to add....Wait a minute..Tom you are not the MOD on this Cat  Machiavelli is..not up to you to remove anything on this thread
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:38:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2018, 02:47:16 pm »
Found the comment in the Archives...comment restored to this thread...it's just one man's opinion
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2018, 02:55:35 pm »
 :whistle:
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #206 on: May 19, 2018, 02:59:17 pm »
bookmark

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2018, 03:14:00 pm »
For this "NT"  I'd say, its not about partisan politics but the recognition of the evil that has pervaded itself throughout American culture and most recently in the form of the current occupant of the WH.

Part of this is the war on guns, I don't own a single weapon...... and I'd advise everyone  not to.... :whistle:

We won't be hearing from @montanajoe for another month after the latest anti-Trump rant....total lack of class, to take shots, pot shots at the occupant of the White House, over a great tragedy a community has suffered.

@DCPatriot

I would suggest just scanning over the hate some of these NTs write. I learned that long ago. It would be improper to name others but they should be.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2018, 03:20:35 pm »
Wha...?
I don't get it.
Geez......

@GrouchoTex

Wow, I just took @DCPatriot 's advice.  I don't read MontanaJoe's screed, all of those who post hateful things per this administration, Victoria33, Roamer1, INVAR, TxRadioGuy, who am I leaving out?  If you have the right to write what you did with your assumptions, then, maybe I have a right to write who use this forum to crap hate on others. Now does that judgement feel good?  You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to quell what others have said as well. 

And I would not be so quick to condemn others.

Now, those are not attacks on members as well, MontanaJoe clearly singled, maybe even stalked someone, me, to post his filth on.  So, yeah, maybe in a way, that was an attack. Is that his first post in months?  Just gonna show who's boss?  Maybe your statements defending Cruz likewise, by accusing others of having "Cruz living in their mind rent-free" is an attack on a member. It certainly brings the conversation down.

By the way, I will defend the hypocrisy when Ted Cruz says he supported and campaigned for Trump in 2016 and would be supportive in 2020 and even put it in my signature when these folks somehow support Ted Cruz, but spout all of this anti-adminstration stuff.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:34:16 pm by TomSea »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2018, 03:35:19 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Wow, I just took @DCPatriot 's advice.  I don't read MontanaJoe's screed, all of the Trump haters, Victoria33, Roamer1, INVAR, who am I leaving out, If you have the right to write what you did with your assumptions, then, maybe I have a right to write who use this forum to crap hate on others. Now does that judgement feel good?  You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to quell what others have said as well. 

Now, those are not attacks on members as well, MontanaJoe clearly singled, maybe even stalked someone, me, to post his filth on.  So, yeah, maybe in a way, that was an attack. Is that his first post in months?  Just gonna show who's boss?  Maybe your statements defending Cruz likewise, by accusing others of having "Cruz living in their mind rent-free" is an attack on a member. It certainly brings the conversation down.

@TomSea

You are defending the indefensible.

You are defining censorship of opinion.

By removing an opinion, one that did not mention anyone by name or attack anyone, you are censoring a forum which is open to opinions, even if we don't happen to agree with them.

Why?

As for this:

"You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to quell what others have said as well."

Show me where I then where I deleted the post that this comment was directed at, where I did my "duty to quell what others have said as well".

Face it, you got caught censoring members opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

Don't make this about me, it isn't.

It's about you.

Pretty chilling road we're going down, gang.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:37:48 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2018, 03:40:23 pm »
@TomSea

Yes it is and it needs to be stopped RFN!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2018, 03:40:24 pm »
@TomSea

You are defending the indefensible.

You are defining censorship of opinion.

By removing an opinion, one that did not mention anyone by name or attack anyone, you are censoring a forum which is open to opinions, even if we don't happen to agree with them.

Why?

As for this:

"You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to quell what others have said as well."

Show me where I then where I deleted the post that this comment was directed at, where I did my "duty to quell what others have said as well".

Face it, you got caught censoring members opinions, nothing more, nothing less.

Don't make this about me, it isn't.

It's about you.

@GrouchoTex

Myst already got on Tom for removing posts in a category that he is not a Mod for, and restored comments that were deleted. Seems to me like the issue has been dealt with.  I'm sure such a thing will not happen again, at least, if I were Tom I would make sure such a thing doesn't happen again.  Right?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2018, 03:50:55 pm »
And, keep the stupid, petty bickering off of threads that they don't belong on!  Come on, Tom, you've called people on that repeatedly and then you go off with this crap?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #213 on: May 19, 2018, 03:52:50 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Wow, I just took @DCPatriot 's advice.  I don't read MontanaJoe's screed, all of those who post hateful things per this administration, Victoria33, Roamer1, INVAR, TxRadioGuy, who am I leaving out?  If you have the right to write what you did with your assumptions, then, maybe I have a right to write who use this forum to crap hate on others. Now does that judgement feel good?  You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to quell what others have said as well. 

By the way, I will defend the hypocrisy when Ted Cruz says he supported and campaigned for Trump in 2016 and would be supportive in 2020 and even put it in my signature when these folks somehow support Ted Cruz, but spout all of this anti-adminstration stuff.

The only advice you need in removing a post is mine...

You are not the Moderator of this Cat and should not be removing posts to begin with.

When members posts a lot of articles I change their status to TBR Contributor which gives them a few more powers which help them post those articles..it is not meant for removing posts all over the forum.
Support the USO

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #214 on: May 19, 2018, 03:53:38 pm »
@GrouchoTex

Myst already got on Tom for removing posts in a category that he is not a Mod for, and restored comments that were deleted. Seems to me like the issue has been dealt with.  I'm sure such a thing will not happen again, at least, if I were Tom I would make sure such a thing doesn't happen again.  Right?

True.
Fair enough.
It is not why I came on this thread to begin with.
Living not that far away from Santa Fe, I've been coming in looking for updates.
I'm getting a bit carried away with it all now.

@TomSea
Shake hands?
Truce?

:beer:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 03:54:53 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #215 on: May 19, 2018, 03:56:14 pm »
The only advice you need in removing a post is mine...

You are not the Moderator of this Cat and should not be removing posts to begin with.

When members posts a lot of articles I change their status to TBR Contributor which gives them a few more powers which help them post those articles..it is not meant for removing posts all over the forum.

Thank you!   888high58888

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #216 on: May 19, 2018, 04:00:56 pm »
We won't be hearing from @montanajoe for another month after the latest anti-Trump rant....total lack of class, to take shots, pot shots at the occupant of the White House, over a great tragedy a community has suffered.

I would suggest just scanning over the hate some of these NTs write. I learned that long ago. It would be improper to name others but they should be.

Wow, I just took @DCPatriot 's advice.  I don't read MontanaJoe's screed, all of those who post hateful things per this administration, Victoria33, Roamer1, INVAR, TxRadioGuy, who am I leaving out?  ....Now does that judgement feel good?  You gonna talk about "Ted Cruz living rent free in the minds of others"? Seems like you've done your duty to

Really? You banned Montanajoe for a MONTH over a comment he posted that you do not like because he criticized Trump????  You're gonna go and pull a Jimrob from TOS and turn this place into your private zot factory over comments and posts you do not like that criticize a president you worship?

If this is what TBR is now going to allow their mods to do - I'm out - which is what you Trump morons wanted to do anyway.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:01:38 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #217 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:25 pm »
Really? You banned Montanajoe for a MONTH over a comment he posted that you do not like because he criticized Trump????  You're gonna go and pull a Jimrob from TOS and turn this place into your private zot factory over comments and posts you do not like that criticize a president you worship?

If this is what TBR is now going to allow their mods to do - I'm out - which is what you Trump morons wanted to do anyway.

I think he just meant that MontanaJoe doesn't visit the forum frequently?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #218 on: May 19, 2018, 04:05:08 pm »

He can't ban or timeout anyone...he is a Cat Mod not a forum Mod
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2018, 04:06:34 pm »
Please get this thread back on topic
Support the USO

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2018, 04:10:35 pm »
I think he just meant that MontanaJoe doesn't visit the forum frequently?

We won't be hearing from @montanajoe for another month after the latest anti-Trump rant....

That read like a ban from someone who was busy removing posts.  He did not write 'we will probably not be hearing from....'

My bad if I assumed the former, but when he said he is taking DC Patriots 'advice' and then removing comments - how else would someone not familiar with mod powers on this board take that comment?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2018, 04:11:32 pm »
He can't ban or timeout anyone...he is a Cat Mod not a forum Mod

Not familiar with the difference. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #222 on: May 19, 2018, 04:28:01 pm »
Not familiar with the difference.

Cat Mod is someone who takes care of a particular Category like World News..has limited powers

Forum Mod, Mods the whole forum and has substantial powers.

I oversee all of them....
Support the USO

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2018, 04:33:22 pm »
The president is promising 'action'. I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/nation-world/president-trump-promises-action-from-his-administration-after-texas-school-shooting/553571863?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=5b00442704d3010b5f78464f&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Like last time, it probably means some spectacularly stupid comments, possibly involving due process and forfeiture of assets.