Author Topic: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School  (Read 18968 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: BREAKING>>>Active Shooter At Santa Fe, Tx High School
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2018, 02:21:04 am »
Well, if we are voting for people's posts, I will vote for @Sanguine 's for always being even-keel and reasonable and heartfelt.

Thank you,  Tom.   That was very nice of you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2018, 02:56:09 am »
I would also start holding parents/ guardians responsible both criminally and civilly for lawsuits, damages etc...
yep, they are the closest to the obvious signs of mental disturbance,  hence most responsible for not raising red flags.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2018, 03:05:56 am »

I hope he really didn't mean that.  You should have one secure entry and multiple one way door exits.
Correct...too many "suggestions" are proffered in haste without much analysis in the wake of such tragedies.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2018, 03:33:50 am »
As I've often said the 2nd is not going away because of a SC decision but it will because of our kids killed in their schools.

The 2nd today, in our schools,  is not taught as a means to protect the citizens from the government.  The 2nd is seen by the kids as a means for the crazy kids they don't like to kill them coming to school l some morning with impunity.... I have a 12 year old daughter and a 10 going on 11 boy and every school shooting in their minds makes my view of the 2nd more irrelevant..

Back in the day, the crazies were  institutionalized. Today we let them walk around and give them a few pills and say be nice. Until society is able to face up the fact that some people are a threat due to their mental status the copy cat killings will only increase.

The conundrum is that who says you are crazy..... Both the left and the right will protect their own..

At one time the electorate demanded honesty and "morality" in our leaders and I firmly believe that generation upon generation of failing to follow  the basic biblical/common sense truths  of life is one of reasons we are here today. Folks are basically herd animals, we like "our" team and in spite of our protests  to contrary we all vote for the candidate  that will give me the most for me..

I suspect  the 2nd will manage to hang on for the last 20-30 years of my life because of the baby boomers but I have no doubt that for my kids it will be nothing but a distant memory

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2018, 03:38:02 am »
We grew up in an age when murderers go the chair or the gas chamber. The very thought of randomly killing people outside a wartime context (and that not so random), was simply not present except in the sickest of minds.  But then, too, we prayed in school, and were familiar enough with pain from the occasional fistfight to express our grievances directly with those we had problems with--and even if we lost, we gained respect for facing up to those who gave us grief. There were standards of simple decency which made some acts unspeakable.  God, guts (facing the bully), self-respect, are off the table, and this mess is what is left.
@Smokin Joe
@Freya

I grew up years before you did; no one locked their car doors or house front doors in the daytime if you were home.  There was prayer every day in school.  People thought you were "weird" if you didn't go to church.  By the time I was a sophomore in high school, I was the church pianist and in church four times a week - played piano Wednesday night, early Sunday morning pastor picked me up and we went to a radio station in Kilgore, TX, about 10 miles.  I played him on the radio and off the radio.  Then, it was back to church a few hours later for Sunday school and I played the piano for the regular church service; then back again that night for church again. The above is what most people did back then - went to church that much (except for the radio thing). 

Now, church is talked about as if it is a disease - "You go to church?"  The message of Jesus Christ is, "Love one another."  That message is gone for most people.  This present killer did not do that. If everyone loved, no one would be murdered.  Take God away and you have Sodom and Gomorra - which is this country now - any behavior is okay. The killing is never going to stop and I think it will get worse and then worse again and then worse again.  Christ is going to return one day and that will stop the killing of God's people. 

You wouldn't leave your front door open so bad guys could walk in.  No, if someone wants in, you don't open the door until you know it is okay for that person to come in.  We have to do the same thing at schools - no one comes in until he/she is checked to be sure he/she is a good person.

What a shame so many million people in this country don't follow Christ's teaching - love one another.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2018, 04:15:07 am »
@Smokin Joe
@Freya

I grew up years before you did; no one locked their car doors or house front doors in the daytime if you were home.  There was prayer every day in school.  People thought you were "weird" if you didn't go to church.  By the time I was a sophomore in high school, I was the church pianist and in church four times a week - played piano Wednesday night, early Sunday morning pastor picked me up and we went to a radio station in Kilgore, TX, about 10 miles.  I played him on the radio and off the radio.  Then, it was back to church a few hours later for Sunday school and I played the piano for the regular church service; then back again that night for church again. The above is what most people did back then - went to church that much (except for the radio thing). 

Now, church is talked about as if it is a disease - "You go to church?"  The message of Jesus Christ is, "Love one another."  That message is gone for most people.  This present killer did not do that. If everyone loved, no one would be murdered.  Take God away and you have Sodom and Gomorra - which is this country now - any behavior is okay. The killing is never going to stop and I think it will get worse and then worse again and then worse again.  Christ is going to return one day and that will stop the killing of God's people. 

You wouldn't leave your front door open so bad guys could walk in.  No, if someone wants in, you don't open the door until you know it is okay for that person to come in.  We have to do the same thing at schools - no one comes in until he/she is checked to be sure he/she is a good person.

What a shame so many million people in this country don't follow Christ's teaching - love one another.
Those seeds of hatred were being sown while I was in High School, during the Vietnam War. I remember saying the Lord's Prayer in school, and the Pledge of Allegiance. When acknowledgement (if not worship) of The Almighty was kicked out of the schools, and loyalty to our Republic was, too, the vacuum would inevitably be filled by something less, as it has.
The Communists thought the State would be worshiped instead, and for some it is, but the majority seem to be wrapped up in more hedonistic pursuits.  Either way, the damage to the Republic, and to our society remains evident.
Until some d@mned dipsh*t teevee producer thought it would be a great idea to advertise that the police in a boom town were overwhelmed with a series of nationally shown productions advertising the wonders of this area for the budding criminal, we didn't lock our doors, either. After those shows aired, crime here skyrocketed.
While the LEOs have caught up to the problem, we didn't need that crap.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 04:20:29 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2018, 04:36:21 am »
Interesting that the people at CNN noticed the Iron Cross and the hammer and sickle, but missed the pentacle on his facebook page, a clear Satanic symbol. (at 2:33 in the third video).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2018, 04:47:19 am »
They are speculating that this was done by a network of people. I agree with that. The reports are that explosives were planted in and around the building on campus. It is unlikely that the shooter could have done all of this by himself.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2018, 04:49:52 am »
They are speculating that this was done by a network of people. I agree with that. The reports are that explosives were planted in and around the building on campus. It is unlikely that the shooter could have done all of this by himself.
I agree. to do it alone would take both time and planning. The longer it takes, the more likely someone would find a device.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2018, 11:58:14 am »
Did they ever confirm the reports of bombs?

If so, the gun control harpies need to shut up, and they need to do it yesterday.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:37 pm »
Texas Lt. Gov. Said Parents and Students Told Him To 'Arm Our Teachers' After Shooting

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/18/dan-patrick-parents-students-arm-teachers/
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2018, 12:39:15 pm »
I think it is human nature to ask "Why"?
Most of us feel that if we knew, we could stop future attacks, which is a reasonable assumption.
I read this piece in  National Review, while not very comforting, it does offer an explanation.

www.nationalreview.com/corner/why-do-mass-shootings-happen-best-explanation/

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2018, 12:50:30 pm »
@mystery-ak @Mod1 or whoeverTF is on duty.

Freedom of Speech, my ass.

It's because of who won an election?

Yikes!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2018, 12:55:33 pm »
Interesting that the people at CNN noticed the Iron Cross and the hammer and sickle, but missed the pentacle on his facebook page, a clear Satanic symbol. (at 2:33 in the third video).

Or the Cthlulu pin.

I don't think anyone's ever tried to paint that thing as a hero or anti-hero.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2018, 12:58:18 pm »
Fixed @DCPatriot

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2018, 01:03:38 pm »
Fixed @DCPatriot

@TomSea @DCPatriot

Honestly curious, not looking to start a food fight.  And let me preface by saying that I disagree with the assertion made in the last sentence of that post.  But what established posting guideline did that violate that warranted removal?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2018, 01:14:51 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2018, 01:15:02 pm »
Just a trivial observation but the shooter’s got those Paul McCartney, puppy dog eyes. Carry on...

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2018, 01:16:01 pm »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2018, 01:16:38 pm »
...and the doo to match.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2018, 01:37:34 pm »
What is this all about..
@TomSea
Inquiring minds want to know
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2018, 02:01:11 pm »
Did they ever confirm the reports of bombs?

One man on the TV last nite said the bombs were fakes.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2018, 02:05:20 pm »
It seems @DCPatriot spotted a post that should have been deleted.

@Axeslinger    @mystery-ak

This thread doesn't seem to be the place for such talk.