Author Topic: Tucker Carlson springs a racism trap on a progressive rising star  (Read 1067 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May 17, 2018
Tucker Carlson springs a racism trap on a progressive rising star
By Thomas Lifson

David D. Burstein is one of the young rising stars of progressivism, as a glance at his personal website reveals.  Praise from the likes of Howard Dean, Judy Woodruff of PBS, and David Gergen reveal him to be an anointed one, predicting that Millennials will bring a glorious new era in his book Fast Future: How the Millennial Generation is Shaping Our World.

But last night, Burstein took on Tucker Carlson, defending a program at the University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, that offers credit for a program that focuses on what it alleges are traits of "dominant white culture" that include "superficiality" and "extreme exportation of labor and resources for profit."  My impression is that he had never encountered someone willing to press him to go beyond his talking points.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/05/tucker_carlson_springs_a_racism_trap_on_a_progressive_rising_star.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Tucker Carlson springs a racism trap on a progressive rising star
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 03:47:21 pm »
I watched it.  Carlson did a good job, but Burstein didn't put up a very good fight.  It looked like he had never had his ideas seriously challenged so he just didn't know how to fight back, well that and the fact that his ideas were indefensible.  He looked shell shocked by the end.

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 04:17:57 pm »
Carlson did a good job...

Overall, he does a very good job. I don't know why lefties agree to be interviewed.

Offline Millee

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:24:43 pm »
There are a group of people who have been systemically oppressed in this country for a long period of time and those are people who are overwhelmingly people who are African-American and Latino.

Amazing then that so many Latinos are risking life and limb to come to such a horribly oppressive place.   :whistle:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:37 pm »
There are a group of people who have been systemically oppressed in this country for a long period of time and those are people who are overwhelmingly people who are African-American and Latino.

Amazing then that so many Latinos are risking life and limb to come to such a horribly oppressive place.   :whistle:

It's also amazing that so many 'Spike Lee/Eric Holder' Black racist types refuse to move to the MotherLand Africa. If I lived in a country that was one tenth as bad to me as the Black racists say it is for them, I would be gone. I would go to where things are better. It is simple logic. Go to where you are not oppressed. Why is that so difficult?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 04:34:24 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:06 pm »
It's also amazing that so many 'Spike Lee/Eric Holder' Black racist types refuse to move to the MotherLand Africa. If I lived in a country that was one tenth as bad to me as the Black racists say it is for them, I would be gone. I would go to where things are better. It is simple logic. Go to where you are not oppressed. Why is that so difficult?

Yep.  Plus, they love to say how whites are so privileged here, but so is every other ethnic group. 

Like you said, go where you're not oppressed and good luck with that.   

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »
As America continues to blend into more racially blurred characteristics with more and more inter-racial marriages, the race baiters of the world will find the challenge of prolonging their forcing individuals into groups more difficult.
People like this are inciting disdain between ethnic and racial groups and should be despised.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 06:21:43 pm »
Oh wow. Another "Rising Star" the elites think is going to be a big winner. Problem is no one ever heard of this moron and from this interview it looks like he can't get out of his own way. Another do nothing clown.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 06:58:53 pm »

It's laughable.  So many celebrity types have announced their hatred of America and their imminent departure.  Yet, they are all still here.  What a joke.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:59:31 pm »
Oh wow. Another "Rising Star" the elites think is going to be a big winner. Problem is no one ever heard of this moron and from this interview it looks like he can't get out of his own way. Another do nothing clown.

Another one bites the dust, @Frank Cannon

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »

A lot of the Rats "Deep Bench" of stars better get used to riding the pine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »

Overall, he does a very good job. I don't know why lefties agree to be interviewed.

Because Lefties are all locked in an incestuous circle of talking only to each other.

It doesn't occur to them that another POV even exists, . . . . except in the heads of mouth breathing, slack jawed yokels whom their superior intellect/group think can easily vanquish.

And then they run headlong into that alternate POV like a drunk driver at 70mph into a bridge abutment.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 09:35:45 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 09:43:41 pm »

Because Lefties are all locked in an incestuous circle of talking only to each other.

It doesn't occur to them that another POV even exists, . . . . except in the heads of mouth breathing, slack jawed yokels whom their superior intellect/group think can easily vanquish.

And then they run headlong into that alternate POV like a drunk driver at 70mph into a bridge abutment.

And, that's exactly what that guy looked like.  Whaaaaaa....?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:08 pm »
Good for Carlson. The way the Left talks about whites is eerily similar to how the Nazis used to talk about the Jews, that their ethnicity gave them a certain genetic disposition toward bad and ugly traits.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2018, 01:35:21 am »
endicom wrote:
"I don't know why lefties agree to be interviewed."

Because they assume that everyone on "the other side" (i.e., Republicans and conservatives, along with ordinary "deplorable" Americans) is stupid, and that their talking points and propaganda will easily overwhelm the opposition.

The last things with which they're prepared to deal are facts. And someone who can wield such facts well knocks the wind right out of their sails.

But again, the mere thought that this could happen to them is not only unanticipated, it never even seems to enter their minds.

Addendum:
(sigh... I should have read to-whose-benefit?'s remarks before I posted -- guess I've been "trumped" again!)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:37:29 am by Fishrrman »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 02:03:00 am »
Good for Carlson. The way the Left talks about whites is eerily similar to how the Nazis used to talk about the Jews, that their ethnicity gave them a certain genetic disposition toward bad and ugly traits.

Yes, that's why I see the Trump Presidency and his campaign for, as a sort of a last-chance saloon for America, I'm sure it wasn't that dire, but the Obama presidency certainly was all for progressivism.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 02:07:24 am »

I'm sure they are a bit hit at cocktail parties where they can talk to people who nod knowingly and where they call all feel superior to the peasants.

It's when they actually meet a peasant who is smarter than they are that they get all confused.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 02:55:39 am »
I'm sure they are a bit hit at cocktail parties where they can talk to people who nod knowingly and where they call all feel superior to the peasants.

It's when they actually meet a peasant who is smarter than they are that they get all confused.

Well said, @Emjay!

Peasants unite!