Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333056 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3775 on: January 17, 2024, 04:04:41 pm »
Britain's King Charles III to undergo hospital treatment for an enlarged prostate

LONDON — Britain’s King Charles III will undergo a “corrective procedure” in the hospital next week after seeking treatment for an enlarged prostate, Buckingham Palace said Wednesday.

“In common with thousands of men each year, The King has sought treatment for an enlarged prostate,” the statement said. “His Majesty’s condition is benign and he will attend hospital next week for a corrective procedure.”

It added that the 75-year-old's monarch “public engagements will be postponed for a short period of recuperation.”

A Buckingham Palace source told NBC News that Charles “was keen to share the details of his diagnosis to encourage other men who may be experiencing symptoms to get checked, in line with public health advice.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/king-charles-iii-hospital-treatment-enlarged-prostate-rcna134297
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #3776 on: January 18, 2024, 12:34:36 am »
That seems a long time to remain in hospital. Hope it's nothing serious.

That's what I was thinking....almost two weeks is a long time to be in the hospital after surgery -- however, she is royalty and perhaps a different protocol is followed.  Easter would give her almost two months recovery time as well.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3777 on: January 18, 2024, 12:39:54 am »
My first thought was a hysterectomy but when I had mine I was only in the hospital 2 days...she is so thin I wonder if she has Crohn's..it runs in my family and the worst case you end up removing some of your colon....I wish they would just tell us..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3778 on: January 18, 2024, 06:27:35 pm »
 This is the coded message from Prince Harry that ‘wounded’ Prince William: royal author
By Social Links for Nicki Gostin
Published Jan. 18, 2024
Updated Jan. 18, 2024, 10:21 a.m. ET

Prince Harry’s estranged relationship with Prince William was dealt a punishing blow in the Netflix miniseries “Harry & Meghan.”

Royal author Robert Hardman, whose new book is “The Making of a King: King Charles III and the Modern Monarchy,” told The Post that he believes Harry criticized William’s choice to marry Kate Middleton.

“Harry talks about marrying someone for love, not because it’s the sort of person you ought to,” Hardman recalled. “I think that’s a lot more wounding. I mean that’s effectively dissing your brother and his choice of wife in a very public way.”

In the first episode of the series, the Duke of Sussex says, “For so many people in the family, especially obviously the men, there can be a temptation or urge to marry someone who fits in the mold, as opposed to somebody who you are perhaps destined to be with.”

He adds: “The difference between making decisions with your head, or your heart. And my mum [Diana] made most of her decisions, if not all of them, from her heart. And I am my mother’s son.”

Hardman also noted that the brothers’ bond was further damaged by Harry’s detailed account of his childhood and relationship with William in the 2023 blockbuster memoir, “Spare.”

more
https://pagesix.com/2024/01/18/royal-family/how-prince-harry-dissed-prince-william-according-to-expert/?_gl=1*1bs0jfe*_ga*MTc0NzkyNTYxMS4xNzA1NTkwMjE4*_ga_0DZ7LHF5PZ*MTcwNTYwMTA5NS4yLjEuMTcwNTYwMTQzMC4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.189383787.1123876718.1705590218-1747925611.1705590218
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3779 on: January 22, 2024, 12:43:56 am »
Sarah Ferguson: Duchess of York diagnosed with skin cancer
21st January 2024, 03:50 EST
By Sean Coughlan & Vicky Wong
BBC News
The Duchess of York has been diagnosed with malignant melanoma following the removal of a cancerous mole during treatment for breast cancer.

Sarah Ferguson had several moles removed and analysed while having reconstructive surgery following a mastectomy, her spokesman said.

The duchess "remains in good spirits", despite it being "distressing" to have another cancer diagnosis.

She is the third royal to announce a medical procedure this week. ...

A second cancer diagnosis within six months is clearly a great challenge to deal with, say sources, but she is a resilient person and is getting the care and support of her family.

The duchess has shown a remarkable ability to bounce back from adversity.

Last year, she had a diagnosis of breast cancer, following a routine mammogram screening. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

« Reply #3780 on: January 22, 2024, 01:38:28 am »
My first thought was a hysterectomy but when I had mine I was only in the hospital 2 days...she is so thin I wonder if she has Crohn's..it runs in my family and the worst case you end up removing some of your colon....I wish they would just tell us..lol

....hmmm I was thinking the same thing because she had preeclampsia and severe morning sickness.   

Maybe they are keeping her a tad longer because she's royalty and maybe things are different in England?

I was thinking bowel resection??

I doubt we'll ever know as she has asked for privacy and rightfully so.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3781 on: January 22, 2024, 02:19:11 am »

it being "distressing" to have another cancer diagnosis.

@mountaineer

Yeah,"distressing" is ONE  way to put it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3782 on: January 22, 2024, 07:27:09 pm »
It sounds like the Royal Family is going to have an  "Anno Horriblis"

I always liked Fergie. I hope she gets better.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #3783 on: January 30, 2024, 08:00:49 pm »
Harry & Meghan Hesitate To Sit In Middle Row At Bob Marley Film Premiere

Favour Adegoke    January 26, 2024 at 8:20 PM EST

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle recently made a surprise appearance at the Jamaican premiere of the "Bob Marley: One Love" biopic. Amid the glitz and glam of the night, a video surfaced showing the couple seemingly hesitating to sit in their assigned seats, which were NOT in the front row.

Harry and Meghan also posed for photos with Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness, who once declared the country was "moving on" from the monarchy. This comes as multiple senior royals, including King Charles, are confirmed to be under medical care.  .  .

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/harry-meghan-hesitate-sit-middle-012030402.html
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3784 on: February 05, 2024, 09:27:46 pm »
King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says

The type of cancer has not been revealed - it is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.
The King began "regular treatments" on Monday and will postpone public duties during the treatment, the Palace said.

The King, 75, "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," it added.
No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

Online libertybele

« Reply #3785 on: February 05, 2024, 09:40:49 pm »
King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68208157

I feel for the Royal Family.  Princess Catherine is recuperating after a long hospital stay and King Charles has cancer. I'd say William and Camilla have their hands full.

Harry is supposedly going to visit -- I'm sure Charles will be glad to see him, but William not so much.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 09:42:35 pm by libertybele »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3786 on: February 17, 2024, 12:30:32 am »
 Prince Harry would be willing to return to his royal duties — if King Charles asked him to
By Social Links for Sara Nathan
Published Feb. 16, 2024, 7:13 p.m. ET

Prince Harry would be willing to return to royal duties — if King Charles III asked him to, a source tells Page Six.

The Duke of Sussex, 39, made a dash across the Atlantic to see his cancer-stricken father for just over 30 minutes following his recent diagnosis.

Speaking to “Good Morning America” Friday, Harry — who is fifth in line to the throne — stressed, “I love my family.”

A source close to the royal told us: “I have a hard time believing if his dad asks for his help that Harry would say no, I think he would try.”

But at the same time, the source added: “I don’t think it’s something that Harry would ask [to do] on his own.”

Last week, Harry reconciled with his 75-year-old father at the monarch’s London home, Clarence House, during a quick 25-hour trip to the UK.

more
https://pagesix.com/2024/02/16/royal-family/prince-harry-would-be-willing-to-return-to-his-royal-duties-if-king-charles-asked-him-to/?_gl=1*l9wbr4*_ga*OTkxNzE4MzQ1LjE3MDgwOTU3MDU.*_ga_0DZ7LHF5PZ*MTcwODEyOTI4OC40LjEuMTcwODEyOTY3MS4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.5152630.415498410.1708095705-991718345.1708095705
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #3787 on: February 17, 2024, 01:19:28 am »
Prince Harry would be willing to return to his royal duties — if King Charles asked him to
By Social Links for Sara Nathan
Published Feb. 16, 2024, 7:13 p.m. ET

Prince Harry would be willing to return to royal duties — if King Charles III asked him to, a source tells Page Six.

The Duke of Sussex, 39, made a dash across the Atlantic to see his cancer-stricken father for just over 30 minutes following his recent diagnosis.

Speaking to “Good Morning America” Friday, Harry — who is fifth in line to the throne — stressed, “I love my family.”

A source close to the royal told us: “I have a hard time believing if his dad asks for his help that Harry would say no, I think he would try.”

But at the same time, the source added: “I don’t think it’s something that Harry would ask [to do] on his own.”

Last week, Harry reconciled with his 75-year-old father at the monarch’s London home, Clarence House, during a quick 25-hour trip to the UK.

more
https://pagesix.com/2024/02/16/royal-family/prince-harry-would-be-willing-to-return-to-his-royal-duties-if-king-charles-asked-him-to/?_gl=1*l9wbr4*_ga*OTkxNzE4MzQ1LjE3MDgwOTU3MDU.*_ga_0DZ7LHF5PZ*MTcwODEyOTI4OC40LjEuMTcwODEyOTY3MS4wLjAuMA..&_ga=2.5152630.415498410.1708095705-991718345.1708095705

IF he loved his family he never would have gone on Oprah and bad mouthed them nor wrote a book to smear them. 

Harry may be willing to come back into the family, but I doubt his wench would.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3788 on: February 17, 2024, 11:22:45 pm »
Prince Harry 'blocked' from having a heart-to-heart with Charles by Palace aides

https://twitter.com/MailOnline/status/1758989905781309496

Online libertybele

« Reply #3789 on: February 18, 2024, 12:03:18 am »
I think this perhaps is pure speculation at this point.

Prince William and Kate Middleton Will Be Crowned King and Queen ‘Much Sooner’ Than Expected

Prince William kept calm and carried on. “I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you for the kind messages of support,” Prince William said in a speech at a charity dinner on February 7, his first official day back at work following his wife, Kate Middleton’s abdominal surgery and his father, King Charles’ cancer diagnosis. He even ended his remarks at the fundraiser for London’s Air Ambulance Charity, where he shared a warm chat with Tom Cruise, with a little joke: “It’s fair to say the past few weeks have had a rather ‘medical’ focus, so I thought I’d come to an air ambulance function to get away from it all!”

That’s the kind of stiff upper lip that has defined his family for generations. “The queen would be so proud of how well he’s managed to compartmentalize everything and prioritize his duties to the crown,” a source exclusively tells In Touch of William, who’s been juggling childcare and his wife’s convalescence with his own charity work and some of his dad’s royal obligations. “Charles is definitely impressed by how easily William has filled his shoes.” And while the king’s cancer was caught early and he’s vowed to return to public duty as soon as possible, the palace is bracing for a new bombshell. “Charles can’t help but consider stepping down instead, for the sake of the monarchy,” says the source — “meaning William and Kate will be crowned king and queen much sooner than anyone expected.”

Charles may have no choice. “He’s got a serious battle ahead, and he’ll need to focus on beating this cancer,” the source says of the 75-year-old, who was diagnosed following a procedure for an enlarged prostate, though palace officials have said he does not have prostate cancer. And while he’s continuing some of his duties — such as reading the famous “red box” of government papers daily and meeting with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak (by phone for now) — the source notes that the king has experienced increased tiredness from the treatments. “The side effects are a lot worse than anyone knows.”

William has already had to pick up the slack. “He’s taken more control at the palace, staying in constant contact with Charles’ aides,” says the source. “He’s basically the Firm’s point man right now.” He and his famously hard-working aunt, Princess Anne, have also added multiple engagements to their diaries that Charles simply can’t make. Willam, 41, “has tended toward less of the day-to-day routine work of the monarchy, compared to his father, instead focusing on bigger, glitzier engagements,” says royal historian Ed Owens. “But now he’ll be expected to fill in on many of these more mundane public outings.”

Kate, meanwhile, will have to hit the ground running. “She’s still recovering and isn’t expected to be fully back in action until April,” the source says of the 42-year-old princess, who had to cancel a series of official appearances when she had abdominal surgery in January. “The timing isn’t ideal, but she’s ready to step up. They’ve both been preparing for this for years.”..............

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prince-william-kate-middleton-crowned-140710338.html

Online libertybele

« Reply #3790 on: February 18, 2024, 01:24:07 am »
Prince Harry interview - live: Palace ‘rules out’ return for duke as working royal while Charles is ill

Buckingham Palace has poured cold water on the suggestion that Prince Harry could return to a temporary role working for the royal family during his father’s illness.

There is no way back for the Duke of Sussex following a series of reported rows with his brother William, the Prince of Wales and his father, King Charles, palace sources told The Sunday Telegraph............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-interview-king-charles-cancer-news-b2497962.html

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3791 on: February 20, 2024, 01:57:53 am »
Prince Harry interview - live: Palace ‘rules out’ return for duke as working royal while Charles is ill

Buckingham Palace has poured cold water on the suggestion that Prince Harry could return to a temporary role working for the royal family during his father’s illness.

There is no way back for the Duke of Sussex following a series of reported rows with his brother William, the Prince of Wales and his father, King Charles, palace sources told The Sunday Telegraph............

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-harry-interview-king-charles-cancer-news-b2497962.html
Harry should know what happens when you scheisse the bed, surely he has heard of Amber Heard.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 02:00:33 am by GtHawk »

Online libertybele

« Reply #3792 on: February 20, 2024, 02:13:30 am »
Harry should know what happens when you scheisse the bed, surely he has heard of Amber Heard.

Harry should have thought about the repercussions of bad mouthing his Royal family.  His loyalty to his wife Markle is expected, but the two of them going on Oprah and then him writing books trashing the family was a really poor decision and one that he now has to live with. Her screaming racism and he screaming how he's been mistreated hoping that people will feel sorry for them hasn't been exactly widely accepted. Most see it as nothing more than a ploy for attention and $$.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3793 on: March 10, 2024, 11:34:54 pm »
First official photo of the Princess of Wales since surgery pulled from major photo outlets over ‘manipulation'
The photo and statement on social media followed weeks of wild speculation about her whereabouts, but major photo agencies later said the image appeared to have been "manipulated at the source."
By Staff and wire reports   • Published March 10, 2024   
Editor's Note, 6:50 p.m. ET: This story has been updated and the original photo was removed after multiple photo outlets advised news agencies to discontinue use of the image released by the royal family.

The first photo of Catherine, the Princess of Wales, since her abdominal surgery nearly two months ago was released Sunday along with a statement thanking the public for its support, but within hours major photo agencies issued notices advising outlets to no longer distribute the image, saying that it appeared to have been "manipulated at the source."

The photo of her in a chair surrounded by her three children was credited to her husband, William, Prince of Wales and heir to the throne, and was said to be taken earlier in the week in Windsor. ...

Later Sunday, AP, Reuters and AFP all said media outlets should no longer use the image.

"The Associated Press initially published the photo, which was issued by Kensington Palace," the agency said in a statement to NBC News. "The AP later retracted the image because at closer inspection, it appears that the source had manipulated the image in a way that did not meet AP's photo standards. The photo shows an inconsistency in the alignment of Princess Charlotte's left hand." ...
NBC Boston

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3794 on: March 10, 2024, 11:50:49 pm »
I guess this is about C not wearing her wedding ring...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3795 on: March 11, 2024, 01:30:00 pm »
 Kate, Princess of Wales, apologizes for ‘confusion’ over pulled photo
by Sarah Fortinsky - 03/11/24 8:19 AM ET

Kate, Princess of Wales, issued an apology on Monday after the first photo showing her since her abdominal surgery in January was retracted by news agencies once they discovered it had been edited.

“Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing,” the princess wrote from the official Kensington Palace account on X, formerly Twitter.

“I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused. I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day,” she added.

The apology came after The Associated Press and other news agencies pulled the photo, ordering its removal from all platforms.

The AP initially published the photo but later retracted the image “because at closer inspection, it appeared the source had manipulated the image in a way that did not meet AP’s photo standards,” according to the news service.

The AP pointed to an “inconsistency in the alignment of Princess Charlotte’s left hand” in describing the apparent manipulation.

The photo, released by Kensington Palace on Sunday, featured the princess sitting in a chair surrounded by her three children. It was credited to Prince William of Wales and was reported to have been taken in Windsor earlier in the week.

The photo marked the first time the public got to see the princess since she had abdominal surgery in January.  Her absence from public appearances has led to far-fetched conspiracy theories about her whereabouts and provoked concerns about her wellbeing.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/4523544-kate-princess-of-wales-apologizes-pulled-photo/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3796 on: March 11, 2024, 06:05:05 pm »
I'm not sure what's supposedly wrong with Charlotte's hand.  :shrug:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3797 on: March 11, 2024, 06:16:09 pm »
I'm not sure what's supposedly wrong with Charlotte's hand.  :shrug:

I can't figure it out.. :shrug:
Support the USO

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3798 on: March 12, 2024, 12:00:59 am »
I can't figure it out.. :shrug:

I downloaded and enlarged the photo.  I don't see anything about Charlotte's hand, but Louie's looks weird.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3799 on: March 12, 2024, 01:37:58 am »
The press is making a big todo out of nothing imo all she did was edit a photo...geeez
Support the USO