Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333079 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3725 on: October 10, 2023, 09:04:22 pm »
Meghan Markle attends NYC World Mental Health Day event in white off-the-shoulder blazer
By Kristin Contino   
Published Oct. 10, 2023, 2:37 p.m. ET

The Sussexes are back in the Big Apple.

Meghan Markle looked chic in a white off-the-shoulder blazer and trousers as she attended a World Mental Health Day event with Prince Harry Tuesday, with the couple visiting New York for the first Archewell Foundation Parents’ Summit.

The Duchess of Sussex, 42, wore a sold-out Altuzarra blazer with wide-legged white trousers and slingback heels for the forum at Hudson Yards, which was titled “Mental Wellness in a Digital Age.”

The jacket — which featured a wide folded-down neckline and two buttons at the front —  brings back memories of the white off-the-shoulder Louis Vuitton dress she wore to the 2022 Ripple of Hope Gala.

Markle wore her hair pulled up in a sleek bun, accessorizing with a gold choker necklace and hoop earrings.

As for Prince Harry, he wore a navy suit with a dress shirt and coordinating blue tie for the summit.

The panel — which was moderated by “Today” show co-host Carson Daly during the World Mental Health Day Festival hosted by Project Healthy Minds — was created to focus on “community and creating positive change for a safer online world for young people.”

more
https://pagesix.com/2023/10/10/meghan-markle-returns-to-nyc-in-a-white-off-the-shoulder-blazer-for-world-mental-health-day-event/
Maybe I just have no fashion sense, being a ma, but that outfit marklefarkle is wearing is blech!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3726 on: October 11, 2023, 07:35:05 pm »
Extraordinary statement from Prince William and the Princess of Wales: They “utterly condemn” Hamas for its “terrorist attacks” (a phrase the BBC and the rest of the British press still can’t use). They also acknowledge the obvious—that Israel is exercising its “right of self defence”.

https://twitter.com/EylonALevy/status/1712174067002863856
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3727 on: October 11, 2023, 07:37:12 pm »
Extraordinary statement from Prince William and the Princess of Wales: They “utterly condemn” Hamas for its “terrorist attacks” (a phrase the BBC and the rest of the British press still can’t use). They also acknowledge the obvious—that Israel is exercising its “right of self defence”.

https://twitter.com/EylonALevy/status/1712174067002863856

:thumbsup:

What about from King Charles?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3728 on: October 11, 2023, 08:58:03 pm »
What about from King Charles?
Oli London
@OliLondonTV
Buckingham Palace statement on King Charles III reaction to Hamas attacks on Israel: "This is a situation His Majesty is extremely concerned about, and he has asked to be kept actively updated. His thoughts and prayers are with all of those suffering, particularly those who have lost loved ones, but also those actively involved. His Majesty is appalled by and condemns the barbaric acts of terrorism in Israel."
2:34 PM · Oct 11, 2023

I guess he couldn't use the words Hamas or terrorism.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3729 on: October 11, 2023, 09:00:38 pm »
Oli London
@OliLondonTV
Buckingham Palace statement on King Charles III reaction to Hamas attacks on Israel: "This is a situation His Majesty is extremely concerned about, and he has asked to be kept actively updated. His thoughts and prayers are with all of those suffering, particularly those who have lost loved ones, but also those actively involved. His Majesty is appalled by and condemns the barbaric acts of terrorism in Israel."
2:34 PM · Oct 11, 2023

I guess he couldn't use the words Hamas or terrorism.

Well, he did use the word "terrorism" and, also, he is the sovereign, and as I recall from QE, is not supposed to take sides particularly, so there is that.

More likely, the statement from William was the truer statement of the Royal Family's views on the matter; they would not have been permitted to make that statement without the consent of the royal family, i.e., the King.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3730 on: October 30, 2023, 01:32:53 pm »
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'split on how to move forward' as Duchess 'wants to focus on herself'. Story at GB News: https://www.gbnews.com/royal/meghan-markle-prince-harry-duchess-of-sussex-royal-news

... However, a source has said that Harry and Meghan do not agree on what they should concentrate on going forward.

According to the Mirror, a source told Woman Magazine: "There's very much a feeling that Harry wants to concentrate on charity work and his family, while Meghan is much more concentrated on moving her brand forward."

Last week an insider claimed that Meghan Markle felt lost after suffering the massive blow of losing her deal with Spotify.  ...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3731 on: October 30, 2023, 02:37:01 pm »
The difference is that Markle has/had a "brand" separate from her status as a royal. So at least in theory, she's got something to fall back on.  But the only reason Harry is famous is because of those royal connections.

Guy may be starting to realize that he was gelded by his own wife.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3732 on: October 30, 2023, 05:55:46 pm »
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'split on how to move forward' as Duchess 'wants to focus on herself'. Story at GB News: https://www.gbnews.com/royal/meghan-markle-prince-harry-duchess-of-sussex-royal-news

@mountaineer

WHUT?????

Say hit ain't sew!

Hooda thunk a sweet,innocent little thang  like her wood be lookin for fame and fortune?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3733 on: November 04, 2023, 07:52:28 am »
Andy Cohen wants Meghan Markle on ‘Real Housewives’: ‘That would be interesting’

Andy Cohen knows the archetype he likes most for the “Real Housewives” franchise.

The 55-year-old “Watch What Happens Live” host is keen on recruiting a certain royal for the hit Bravo reality series.

During a panel discussion at BravoCon 2023, Cohen did not mince his words when asked who’d he’d love to see casted on an all-new “Real Housewives” spinoff.

“If we can get Meghan Markle,” he declared. “That would be interesting.”

https://nypost.com/2023/11/03/entertainment/andy-cohen-wants-meghan-markle-on-real-housewives/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3734 on: November 09, 2023, 02:10:17 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly fuming over a new Family Guy scene that makes fun of them for doing absolutely nothing.

According to a source, the couple say the episode is “savage” and went as far to call it an “outrageous slur.” ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1722615587237740945

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3735 on: November 09, 2023, 11:06:40 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly fuming over a new Family Guy scene that makes fun of them for doing absolutely nothing.

According to a source, the couple say the episode is “savage” and went as far to call it an “outrageous slur.” ...

@mountaineer

It's almost like they are promoting "Family Guy" to a "Must see program",ain't it? The series just can't buy advertising and promotion that good.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3736 on: November 09, 2023, 11:26:34 pm »
The new season of "The Crown" starts next week .

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3737 on: November 15, 2023, 01:59:49 pm »
IF anyone is interested, yesterday was King Charles' birthday.

Social media had some really sweet old photos of him with his family.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3738 on: November 15, 2023, 02:02:01 pm »
Prince Harry and Prince William's Relationship Is Beyond Repair: 'There's No Going Back' (Exclusive)

Published on November 15, 2023 08:00AM EST

Prince Harry laid bare the painful rift between himself and his family in the pages of his memoir Spare last January — and the world learned the extent of the division between Harry, 39, and his brother Prince William, 41.

But nearly a year after Spare’s publication, “absolutely nothing has changed,” author Omid Scobie, whose new book Endgame is out Nov. 28, tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.

In fact, the hurt and anger between the two brothers — one, the Prince of Wales and future King and the other, the Duke of Sussex and Californian — has now hardened into something colder and more immovable, says Scobie: indifference.

“I saw Harry’s release of Spare as his last attempt at telling his family how he’s felt for years,” says Scobie, who chronicles both the breakdown of the royal family and the weakening of the modern monarchy in Endgame. “Because clearly there’s never been an open enough forum to have these conversations or share these feelings.”

https://people.com/prince-harry-prince-william-relationship-beyond-repair-exclusive-8401392

This weeks People magazine cover story.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3739 on: November 15, 2023, 02:10:20 pm »
Prince Harry and Prince William's Relationship Is Beyond Repair: 'There's No Going Back' (Exclusive)

https://people.com/prince-harry-prince-william-relationship-beyond-repair-exclusive-8401392

Very sad that William and Harry's relationship is gone and irreparable.  I don't think Harry would have trashed his family had it not been at the urging of Markle. Such a shame that the biotch destroyed the family. 

The Royal family I think will eventually lose the significance they once played in the UK; the death of the Queen I think was the beginning of the end.  People aren't as accepting of royalty anymore as too many are struggling and the world has changed dramatically.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3740 on: November 15, 2023, 04:38:20 pm »

Oh poor Harry! He seems to have so much in common with Harry Potter, no? He gets no love from his family, everything seems to be against him, but unlike Harry Potter this Harry will never win out in the end. It's so sad to be the spare that's been replaced and all you have left is fame and wealth 8888crybaby

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3741 on: November 15, 2023, 05:02:01 pm »
 ////00000////

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3742 on: November 17, 2023, 01:56:42 pm »
I Investigated Princess Diana’s Death: Here’s The Real Story You Won’t See In ‘The Crown’
Former FBI Agent Thomas Baker tells the true story of his investigation into Princess Diana’s death.
By: Thomas Baker
November 17, 2023
As Netflix launches its final season of “The Crown,” focusing on Princess Diana, her boyfriend Dodi Fayed, and his billionaire father, Mohamed Al-Fayed, many viewers will be retold the story of Diana’s shocking death through TV news flashes. Personally, I remember getting the news in a phone call from the White House.

When Diana and Dodi were killed in Paris, I was working at the American Embassy there. A career FBI agent, I was assigned to Paris as the legal attaché, meaning I was the U.S. government’s official liaison with French law enforcement. Later, my private work as a consultant would draw me more deeply into the investigation of the tragedy. ...

After retiring from the FBI, I was working as a consultant when asked to help on a “very sensitive” case by an FBI colleague. It was an investigation related to the princess’s death. He needed someone with a knowledge of both the French and British police systems. Mohamed Al-Fayed had suspicions about the death of his son and the princess, whom he had regarded as his future daughter-in-law. He was unsatisfied with the French judicial investigation. Their 6,000-page report had concluded that Princess Diana’s death was an accident. ...

MacNamara outlined Al-Fayed’s belief: The crash was orchestrated by MI-6 on orders from the royal family. Further, the CIA aided MI-6 in this murderous undertaking. I pushed back. There was no rational reason, nor national interest, for the CIA to want Diana dead. MacNamara did not like my pushback. I promised, even though I did not believe there was a conspiracy, we would “turn over every stone” to see if there was collusion with French, British, or American services. ...

In Paris, we would be staying at an apartment on Rue Arsène Houssaye, the very place Dodi and Diana had been bound for when they were killed. It was a truly grand apartment, which occupied the top floors of the building. There were phones throughout for us to use. We suspected the phones, likely the entire apartment, were bugged. Our suspicions would be confirmed.  ...
Read entire story at The Federalist.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3743 on: November 30, 2023, 12:14:35 am »
 Piers Morgan names King Charles and Kate Middleton as royals who asked ‘troubling’ questions about Archie’s skin color
By Social Links for Erin Keller
Published Nov. 29, 2023, 7:04 p.m. ET

Piers Morgan claims King Charles and Kate Middleton are the members of the royal family named in Omid Scobie’s “Endgame: Inside the Royal Family and the Monarchy’s Fight for Survival” as the two “racist” royals who were concerned about the darkness of Prince Archie’s skin color.

The brash “Piers Morgan Uncensored” host made the statement Wednesday on the program after Scobie’s book was pulled off shelves in Holland on Tuesday because of the “royal racists” errorless being included in the Dutch version of it.

“I’m going to tell you the names of the two senior Royals who are named in that Dutch version of the book because frankly, if Dutch people wandering into a bookshop, can pick it up and see these names, then you, British people, here — who actually pay for the British Royal Family — you’re entitled to know, too,” Morgan, 58, prefaced his bombshell claim.

“And then we can have a more open debate about this whole ferragosto because I don’t believe any racist comments were ever made by any of the royal family, and until there is actual evidence of those comments being made, I will never believe it.”

more
https://nypost.com/2023/11/29/entertainment/piers-morgan-names-king-charles-and-kate-middleton-as-royals-who-asked-troubling-questions-about-archies-skin-color/?utm_campaign=nypost&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3744 on: November 30, 2023, 12:20:09 am »
 Meghan Markle and Prince Harry take LA? 5 mansions the ex-royals may snatch up
By Social Links for Hannah Frishberg
Published Nov. 29, 2023, 1:45 p.m. ET

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly real estate shopping in Los Angeles, and these lux compounds are right up their alley.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have nixed their plan to move to an $8 million plot of land above the Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu and are now instead looking in LA, according to TMZ.

The pair vetoed the Malibu plot due to safety and community concerns after it became a media frenzy following reports of their visit, a source told the outlet.

The 39- and 42-year-old ex-royals bought their current nine-bedroom, 16-bathroom Montecito mansion for $14.65 million back in 2020, shortly after quitting the British monarchy.

It boasts rose gardens, a tennis court, a two-bedroom guest house and a tea house and makes Markle “feel free,” but after three years the couple is now ready to sell it — a move they’ve been reportedly considering since at least this July — and relocate closer to the bright lights, big city down the coast from their Santa Barbara County estate.

The unorthodox blue bloods haven’t yet toured any Los Angeles properties but, knowing their tastes and probable budget of between $15 and $20 million, these compounds seem likely contenders for the next stop on their worldwide privacy tour.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/11/29/real-estate/meghan-and-harry-take-la-5-mansions-the-ex-royals-may-buy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3745 on: December 09, 2023, 11:35:04 pm »
Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis Join Their Parents at Christmas Carol Service

The royal kids are celebrating Christmas with their parents!

Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis joined Prince William and Kate Middleton this evening at Westminster Abbey in London, for Kate's annual Christmas Carol service. Last year, it was just George and Charlotte who attended, but this year, all three kids were deemed old enough to join. ............

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/tradition/a46074400/prince-george-princess-charlotte-louis-christmas-carol-service-2023-photos/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3746 on: December 09, 2023, 11:36:24 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3747 on: December 09, 2023, 11:39:56 pm »
King Charles and Queen Camilla Share Their 2023 Christmas Card

Royal family Christmas cards offer visions of present and future

As Christmas cards go, they could not be more different. One traditional, one modern; the present and future of the monarchy in two photographs.

In one image, the King and Queen are resplendent in their Coronation finery, the picture of pomp and ceremony.

In the other, the Prince and Princess of Wales and their young family smile for the camera, dressed in casual jeans and open-necked shirts.

Taken by a photographer better known for his work with celebrities and fashion magazines, the striking image of the Waleses shows the three children looking suddenly more mature, gazing directly at the camera..............

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2023/12/09/royal-family-christmas-card-king-william-prince-wales/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 11:42:14 pm by libertybele »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3748 on: December 09, 2023, 11:47:34 pm »
As Christmas cards go, they could not be more different. One traditional, one modern; the present and future of the monarchy in two photographs.
Seems appropriate to me. Kate looks good in jeans.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3749 on: December 09, 2023, 11:51:42 pm »