Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333044 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3625 on: August 16, 2023, 03:07:07 pm »
Royal family ‘could become extinct if they’re not careful,’ must prove ‘value for money’: ex-Diana butler

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 16, 2023

The royal family risks becoming “extinct” if not careful about their excessive lifestyle, according to Princess Diana’s former butler.

Paul Burrell, who worked for the late Diana for over 10 years until her death in 1997, believes that “the minute the public rise up, it’s too late” to save the British monarchy.

Burrell, 65, said it’s important that the family show they are “value for money” and “relevant to today” to retain their position in society.

“The royals can’t be seen to be too excessive because I think the minute the public don’t want them there, they won’t be there,” Burrell, who’s always been vocal about his thoughts on the royals, explained as part of his partnership with the online game Slingo.

“I think it’s a dinosaur situation. I’ve always thought to myself that they could become extinct if they’re not careful,” he went on, adding that they “have to be very careful with the way they spend money and how much money comes from the privy purse, which is paid for by the taxpayer.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/16/royal-family-could-become-extinct-if-theyre-not-careful-former-butler/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3626 on: August 17, 2023, 02:09:26 pm »
Prince Harry, Andrew have ‘no road back’ into royal family, Brits have ‘no appetite’ for their return: expert

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 17, 2023

Prince Harry and his disgraced uncle Prince Andrew have “no road back” into the royal fold under King Charles’ reign, according to a royal expert.

Royal broadcaster Esther Krakue said the British public “has no appetite” for their return following a series of recent shocking revelations from the Duke of Sussex, and scandals from the Duke of York.

“In terms of public life, Prince Andrew and Prince Harry find themselves in a similar situation in that there is no road back for them in the Royal Family,” Krakue told Sky News Australia.

Krakue’s comment follows hot on the heels of a new poll, conducted by Deltapoll for the Daily Mail, that found more than half of 1,504 Brits wanting Harry removed from the line of succession.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/harry-andrew-have-no-road-back-into-royal-family-brits-have-no-appetite-for-their-return-expert/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3627 on: August 17, 2023, 02:10:36 pm »
“I think it’s a dinosaur situation. I’ve always thought to myself that they could become extinct if they’re not careful,” he went on, adding that they “have to be very careful with the way they spend money and how much money comes from the privy purse, which is paid for by the taxpayer.”
I was under the impression King Charles has cut back on a few perks for the royals.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3628 on: August 17, 2023, 03:24:58 pm »

Krakue’s comment follows hot on the heels of a new poll, conducted by Deltapoll for the Daily Mail, that found more than half of 1,504 Brits wanting Harry removed from the line of succession.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/harry-andrew-have-no-road-back-into-royal-family-brits-have-no-appetite-for-their-return-expert/

King Charles, as Harry's father, may not have the stomach for that.  Just like QEII only sidelined Prince Andrew, KC may leave things for Harry as they are now. However, siblings don't find it so difficult to take a harder stand. Just like KC "evicted" Andrew from his royal digs, removing Harry from the royal line of succession might not happen until King William takes the throne. If King Charles were to do that, I would agree with the move but would be surprised, since that would essentially nix any chance of him having a connection with his grandchildren.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3629 on: August 17, 2023, 03:38:58 pm »
King Charles, as Harry's father,

@LadyLiberty

ROFLMAO!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3630 on: August 17, 2023, 09:09:02 pm »
Royal family ‘could become extinct if they’re not careful,’ must prove ‘value for money’: ex-Diana butler

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 16, 2023

The royal family risks becoming “extinct” if not careful about their excessive lifestyle, according to Princess Diana’s former butler.

Paul Burrell, who worked for the late Diana for over 10 years until her death in 1997, believes that “the minute the public rise up, it’s too late” to save the British monarchy.

Burrell, 65, said it’s important that the family show they are “value for money” and “relevant to today” to retain their position in society.

“The royals can’t be seen to be too excessive because I think the minute the public don’t want them there, they won’t be there,” Burrell, who’s always been vocal about his thoughts on the royals, explained as part of his partnership with the online game Slingo.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/16/royal-family-could-become-extinct-if-theyre-not-careful-former-butler/

Makes complete sense to me.  Charles, William, and Kate seem to understand that.  Harry does not.

I'd add that considering what's happening in our own country right now, I can at least see a bit better how/why a constitutional monarch can have value.  They're sort of a national symbol that endures beyond politics, and that can be stabilizing.  I do remember when Juan Carlos of Spain essentially ended a coup by getting on TV and backing the newly elected government.

Not saying I want one here, because I think that's a terrible idea for us.  But I do kind of "get" it.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3631 on: August 17, 2023, 09:31:21 pm »
Makes complete sense to me.  Charles, William, and Kate seem to understand that.  Harry does not.

I'd add that considering what's happening in our own country right now, I can at least see a bit better how/why a constitutional monarch can have value.  They're sort of a national symbol that endures beyond politics, and that can be stabilizing.  I do remember when Juan Carlos of Spain essentially ended a coup by getting on TV and backing the newly elected government.

Not saying I want one here, because I think that's a terrible idea for us.  But I do kind of "get" it.

:thumbsup:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3632 on: August 21, 2023, 02:08:37 pm »
Disgraced Prince Andrew was original ‘spare’ — but also Queen Elizabeth’s favorite: ‘Secrets’

By Samantha Ibrahim
August 21, 2023

Prince Harry can step aside — the OG “spare” is actually Prince Andrew.

A new A&E documentary, “Secrets of Prince Andrew,” has revealed why the scandal-ridden Duke of York has always been considered the late Queen Elizabeth’s “favorite” child as well as the original surplus prince.

“We know from Prince Harry that the ‘spare’ creates an idea of resentment and jealousy,” British biographer Andrew Lownie said.

“[Prince] Andrew was an accident waiting to happen for years.”

The Post has reached out to reps at Buckingham Palace for comment.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/prince-andrew-is-charles-spare-and-was-queens-favorite/

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3633 on: August 21, 2023, 02:11:09 pm »
Prince Harry’s luscious new hair chopped by critics: ‘Looks like a fool’

By Brooke Steinberg
August 21, 2023

Everyone’s talking about Prince Hairy.

Prince Harry’s new headshot just dropped on the mental health “transformation” firm BetterUp’s website — and he’s showing off a mysteriously dark, thick head of hair.

The 38-year-old royal serves as the chief impact officer of the company, who describes him as a “humanitarian, military veteran, mental wellness advocate, and environmentalist” in his biography alongside the picture featuring his luscious locks.

But weirdly enough, recent photos and video footage of the Duke of Sussex show him with much thinner and brighter ginger hair than his leadership team snap.

Earlier this month, Harry was photographed shopping for his wife, Meghan Markle, 42, in Tokyo — and his hair was not as abundant.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/new-photo-of-prince-harry-shows-dark-thick-hair/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3634 on: August 21, 2023, 02:28:59 pm »
 Prince Harry, King Charles set date to meet for ‘peace talks’: report
By Jane Herz   
August 20, 2023 11:55am

They found some spare time?

King Charles III, 74, and his youngest son, Prince Harry, 38, are reportedly set to meet for “peace talks” on Sept. 17 amid their ongoing family feud — an occasion the king is said to have cleared his schedule for.

“King Charles is due to return to London from Balmoral in the middle of September, which ties in with the end of Harry’s Invictus Games trip to Dusseldorf,” an unidentified source told UK’s OK! Magazine.

“The king has a rescheduled official visit to France on Sept. 20, so [he] has a few days to spare in London to meet with his son. Staff are trying to fine-tune the details as we speak.”

Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, 42, is not expected to join them.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/20/prince-harry-king-charles-set-date-for-peace-talks-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3635 on: August 21, 2023, 02:29:39 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3636 on: August 21, 2023, 02:30:59 pm »

Online DB

« Reply #3637 on: August 22, 2023, 04:12:53 am »
Looks like he's been wearing a toupee in the pic on the left.

Or that colored powder spray...

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3638 on: August 22, 2023, 07:57:04 am »
Disgraced Prince Andrew was original ‘spare’ — but also Queen Elizabeth’s favorite: ‘Secrets’

By Samantha Ibrahim
August 21, 2023

Prince Harry can step aside — the OG “spare” is actually Prince Andrew.

A new A&E documentary, “Secrets of Prince Andrew,” has revealed why the scandal-ridden Duke of York has always been considered the late Queen Elizabeth’s “favorite” child as well as the original surplus prince.

“We know from Prince Harry that the ‘spare’ creates an idea of resentment and jealousy,” British biographer Andrew Lownie said.

“[Prince] Andrew was an accident waiting to happen for years.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/21/prince-andrew-is-charles-spare-and-was-queens-favorite/

Taped it. Thanks for the heads up, @Kamaji
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3639 on: August 22, 2023, 02:19:44 pm »
King Charles pushed ‘right to the limit’ by ‘total outcasts’ Prince Harry, Meghan Markle: expert

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 22, 2023

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle may have pushed King Charles “right to the limit,” according to a royal expert.

Charles Rae, former royal editor of the Sun, said the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s myriad of attacks on the royal family cemented their status as “total outcasts.”

“Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have become total outcasts. They’ve had their HRH titles [His and Her Royal Highness] stripped from the royal family website,” he told TalkTV.

While the couple, who wed in 2018, retain their respective Sussex titles, they can no longer use their defunct HRH titles to “further their careers,” Rae claims.

“You can only push someone like King Charles so far, and Harry and Meghan have pushed him right to the limit. It’s only right that they are now ostracized,” he went on.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/king-charles-pushed-to-the-limit-by-total-outcasts-harry-meghan-expert/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3640 on: August 22, 2023, 02:53:58 pm »
I can't help but wonder what will happen to Harry should his marriage end.

Would King Charles or his brother take him back?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3641 on: August 22, 2023, 03:51:16 pm »
I can't help but wonder what will happen to Harry should his marriage end.

Would King Charles or his brother take him back?

@Gefn

I am GUESSING that King Charles,the private man,will take him back as a "removed from the center family member",but NOT take him back as a private or public member of the Royal Family inner circle.

Yes,there IS "family" involved here despite the fact that his father was his mother's horsemaster,and not a member of the Royal Family. The Royal Family seems to have agreed to keep THAT bit of fiction alive in the interest of preserving what little dignity the family has left.

Can you say "Red-headed stepchild"?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 03:53:13 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3642 on: August 22, 2023, 05:54:09 pm »
Why Prince William and Kate Middleton’s kids can’t eat with them — even on Christmas

By Samantha Ibrahim
August 22, 2023

It’s straight to the kids’ table for Prince Louis, Princess Charlotte and Prince George.

The young children of Kate Middleton and Prince William are reportedly not permitted to sit with their parents during holidays and official dinners for one interesting reason.

The kids are “aren’t allowed to sit with the adults until they have learned the art of polite conversation,” former royal chef Darren McGrady told Harper’s Bazaar, according to the Mirror.

The cook also revealed that even for Christmas, the trio will eat with their nannies in the nursery until they become of age to be more presentable during public affairs of state.

“The children always ate in the nursery until they were old enough to conduct themselves properly at the dining table,” McGrady explained.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/22/kate-middleton-prince-williams-kids-cant-sit-and-eat-with-them/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3643 on: August 22, 2023, 06:02:07 pm »
Why Prince William and Kate Middleton’s kids can’t eat with them — even on Christmas
We always had to eat at the children's table, too.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3644 on: August 22, 2023, 06:39:57 pm »
“The children always ate in the nursery until they were old enough to conduct themselves properly at the dining table,” McGrady explained.

Yep, nothing new. Anyone who watched Downton Abbey saw this custom demonstrated after small children's roles were written into the story line. They were never at the dinner table and were brought into see the adults in a different area while the adults continued to socialize after dinner and before the children's bedtime.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3645 on: August 22, 2023, 08:34:33 pm »
Our family has drifted apart so not many dinners together, but I will tell you for the last few I would have much rather sat at the children's table :shrug:

Offline berdie

« Reply #3646 on: August 22, 2023, 09:25:04 pm »

Same here. It was a right of passage to move to the grown up table. At one time the kids were not the center of attention. They came in and greeted the visiting adults very politely and then went on with their rat-killing. :laugh:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3647 on: August 23, 2023, 01:14:46 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan $1,200 sightseeing tour led by Thomas Markle’s friend axed after outrage

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 23, 2023

A royal sightseeing tour that promised to take passengers within feet of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Montecito mansion has been axed over privacy concerns.

The hotspot tour, led by photographer Karl Larsen, Thomas Markle’s longtime pal, was advertised as the “Royal Celebrity Tour of Los Angeles and Montecito” on travel firm Tripening’s website.

According to The Mirror, each tour costs $1,200 for a group of six and promised royalists to get “an in-depth tour” of “where Meghan grew up” as well as the flashy area “where Harry and Meghan and an army of other A-listers call home.”

Larsen first listed the tour on Tripening with a description that read, “I’m the world-famous celebrity photographer Karl Larsen, a best friend of Thomas Markle (Meghan’s father) and the guy with a stunning exclusive portfolio of pictures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle together in Montecito.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/23/harry-and-meghan-sightseeing-tour-led-by-thomas-markles-friend-axed-after-outrage/

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3648 on: August 23, 2023, 06:14:31 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan $1,200 sightseeing tour led by Thomas Markle’s friend axed after outrage

By Nika Shakhnazarova
August 23, 2023

A royal sightseeing tour that promised to take passengers within feet of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Montecito mansion has been axed over privacy concerns.

The hotspot tour, led by photographer Karl Larsen, Thomas Markle’s longtime pal, was advertised as the “Royal Celebrity Tour of Los Angeles and Montecito” on travel firm Tripening’s website.

According to The Mirror, each tour costs $1,200 for a group of six and promised royalists to get “an in-depth tour” of “where Meghan grew up” as well as the flashy area “where Harry and Meghan and an army of other A-listers call home.”

Larsen first listed the tour on Tripening with a description that read, “I’m the world-famous celebrity photographer Karl Larsen, a best friend of Thomas Markle (Meghan’s father) and the guy with a stunning exclusive portfolio of pictures of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle together in Montecito.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/08/23/harry-and-meghan-sightseeing-tour-led-by-thomas-markles-friend-axed-after-outrage/
The real reason it was axed? harry and Megan demanded their cut, $1000 of the $1200.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3649 on: August 24, 2023, 02:19:57 pm »
Prince Andrew hides at Balmoral with King Charles amid bombshell docuseries: report

By Samantha Ibrahim   
August 24, 2023 9:58am

Prince Andrew is reportedly attempting to stay hidden at Balmoral Castle in Scotland following the release of the new A&E documentary series “Secrets of Prince Andrew.”

The Duke of York’s checkered past and friendship with dead financier Jeffrey Epstein was explored in the recent bombshell doc.

Andrew, 63, has retreated to the royal’s summer residence with his family as the dust settles from the show’s explosive claims coming to light, according to a report.

Royal expert Pelham Turner revealed to Fox News that the disgraced prince accepted the invite to stay in Scotland from his brother King Charles.

“The royal clans are descending on Balmoral,” Turner divulged.

“It will be interesting to see how many olive branches grow on royal trees,” he added.

This summer will be the first time the royals visit Balmoral following the death of Queen Elizabeth last September.

The Duke will soon be joined by other members of the fam, including his daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, as well as Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Edward and his wife Sophie.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/08/24/prince-andrew-hides-away-at-balmoral-with-charles-after-doc-report/
Support the USO