Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333109 times)

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3550 on: July 14, 2023, 07:39:56 pm »
What did Obama get one for? Afrophysics?

Haha!
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3551 on: July 17, 2023, 12:50:18 pm »
Ons Jabeur reveals words of advice from Kate Middleton after consoling hug following crushing Wimbledon final defeat
    Josh Fordham
    Published: 10:36, 16 Jul 2023Updated: 10:36, 16 Jul 2023
Talksport

Kate Middleton asked to give Ons Jabeur a hug after the Tunisian lost the Wimbledon final for a second year in a row.

Jabeur suffered a crushing straight sets defeat to Marketa Vondrousova and cried tears of despair after the match.

The 28-year-old was consoled by the Princess of Wales after she presented her with the runners-up prize and the pair shared a long chat.

"Obviously she was very nice," said Jabeur in her press conference. "She didn't know if she wants to give me a hug or not. I told her hugs are always welcome from me."

When asked what she said, Jabeur added: "Same thing after last year. To encourage me to be strong, to come back and win a Grand Slam, win a Wimbledon." ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3552 on: July 17, 2023, 03:32:03 pm »
Meghan Markle defies ‘no dogs’ rule at farmers’ market in Montecito
By Emily Selleck
July 17, 2023 | 10:26am

Meghan Markle paid a visit to the Montecito Farmers’ Market with one of her beloved beagles, despite the outdoor marketplace’s “no dogs allowed” policy.  ... NY Post

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3553 on: July 17, 2023, 04:08:14 pm »
By Emily Selleck

Meghan Markle paid a visit to the Montecito Farmers’ Market with one of her beloved beagles, despite the outdoor marketplace’s “no dogs allowed” policy.  ... NY Post

They could easily bar her without the beagle.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3554 on: July 17, 2023, 04:38:30 pm »
By Emily Selleck

I wonder what the state's law is on assistance animals, in California you are not allowed to question an animals status or ask for documentation and that effectively negates a property owners right to refuse service. Because of this we end up with all sorts of loonies who just can't be away from their little mutts for any time at all taking them to the grocery store and every where else.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3555 on: July 19, 2023, 07:49:50 pm »
It's probably time at least one of them checked out the "help wanted" ads. Then, maybe, they could afford air travel
Harry and Meghan asked to fly to US on Air Force One with Biden after Queen's funeral but were denied - and Jill didn't attend Invictus Games to avoid upsetting Royals … so are Sussexes' attempts to become political players in America faltering?

*Harry and Meghan have tried a variety of methods to gain access to political figures, including sending gifts and letter writing
    *The couple requested a ride back to the US on Air Force One after Queen Elizabeth's funeral in September but Biden's staff said no
    *Jill Biden's wish to attend Harry's Invictus Games was nixed when British officials suggested it may not go down well with the Royal Family

By Emily Goodin, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com
Published: 15:05 EDT, 19 July 2023 | Updated: 15:44 EDT, 19 July 2023   ...
Story at Daily Mail

And why the heck would Doc want to attend the Invictus Games, except to get away from Prezzy Pantload?

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3556 on: July 19, 2023, 08:00:46 pm »
King Charles’ reign is a ‘sandwich filling’ between queen, Prince William: expert

By Jane Herz
July 19, 2023

Forget about his sausage fingers — he’s a “sandwich” now.

Russell Myers, the Daily Mirror’s royal editor, recently revealed that he believes that King Charles’ reign is just acting as a stall for time — a “sandwich” between the late Queen Elizabeth II’s monarchy and the future king William’s.

The topic was brought up on last week’s episode of the “Pod Save the King” podcast, as Myers and the show’s host, Ann Gripper, were discussing Joe Biden’s recent visit to England, where he met with Charles, 74, at Windsor Castle.

Myers mentioned that he was a bit “disappointed” that there was no press conference after the meeting, while Gripper compared it to Biden’s last visit while the queen was still alive.

“But do you think Joe Biden’s a little bit stung as when he was over last time and then he came out and started chitchatting about what him and the queen had been chitchatting about, and that was really not the done thing,” Gripper commented. “Does it feel like it actually is the done thing now that you could chat a bit more freely about what you talked about with Charles?”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/19/king-charles-reign-is-a-sandwich-filling-expert/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3557 on: July 19, 2023, 10:51:33 pm »
Are Meghan and Harry separating?
Reports claim that the couple are ‘taking time apart’ to heal and rebuild their bond
July 19, 2023 | 12:19 pm
Kara Kennedy

After five years of marriage, rumors are swirling that Prince Harry and Meghan are set to part ways. Earlier this week, RadarOnline reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “taking time apart” to heal and rebuild their bond.

“They’re trying to figure out what hit them. Harry doesn’t fit in Meghan’s tacky Tinseltown world,” a source told the outlet, adding that he’s hoping to “find himself.” RadarOnline also claimed that Harry is planning a solo trip to Africa to film a documentary, saying that the prince thinks of the continent as his second home and a place where he feels “most like himself.” Responding to the separation rumors, a source close to the British royal family told The Spectator that it “wasn’t surprising to hear,” and added that “there is little sympathy for Harry among the family, after all he’s done.”

But the Sussexes have hit back at the rumor.  ... Spectator

:silly:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3558 on: July 19, 2023, 10:57:33 pm »
Are Meghan and Harry separating?
Reports claim that the couple are ‘taking time apart’ to heal and rebuild their bond
July 19, 2023 | 12:19 pm
Kara Kennedy

After five years of marriage, rumors are swirling that Prince Harry and Meghan are set to part ways. Earlier this week, RadarOnline reported that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are “taking time apart” to heal and rebuild their bond.

“They’re trying to figure out what hit them. Harry doesn’t fit in Meghan’s tacky Tinseltown world,” a source told the outlet, adding that he’s hoping to “find himself.” RadarOnline also claimed that Harry is planning a solo trip to Africa to film a documentary, saying that the prince thinks of the continent as his second home and a place where he feels “most like himself.” Responding to the separation rumors, a source close to the British royal family told The Spectator that it “wasn’t surprising to hear,” and added that “there is little sympathy for Harry among the family, after all he’s done.”

But the Sussexes have hit back at the rumor.  ... Spectator

Poor Harry -- he got suckered into the Black Widow's web.  Where will he go once they split?  Back to his 'Royal' family with his tail between his legs??? You know she'll come after him financially with both barrels.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3559 on: July 19, 2023, 11:07:06 pm »
Poor Harry -- he got suckered into the Black Widow's web.  Where will he go once they split?  Back to his 'Royal' family with his tail between his legs??? You know she'll come after him financially with both barrels.

I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of a protective pre-nup in place. 

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3560 on: July 19, 2023, 11:16:23 pm »
I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of a protective pre-nup in place.

If there is, QE2 was probably responsible for it.

I don't see Harry leaving the US and his children behind...this is how Meghan has her claws in him...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3561 on: July 19, 2023, 11:39:25 pm »

I don't see Harry leaving the US and his children behind...this is how Meghan has her claws in him...

@mystery-ak

He can always use family money and maybe even a tad of political influence to buy them back.

And I hope he does. If she gets custody,they will just be handled by hired help and not have a family experience at all,and children NEED family experiences when young to gain empathy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3562 on: July 19, 2023, 11:41:15 pm »

I imagine the office and advisers that support the royal family would have things like pre-nups ready to go, in order to protect the family itself as a going concern.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3563 on: July 20, 2023, 02:33:35 pm »
Prince Harry's memoir Spare 'is the most dumped book of the summer' with up to 100 copies left behind by holidaymakers at resorts in Spain, Greece and Turkey

Spare was the UK's fastest selling non-fiction book since records began in 1998

By LAURENCE DOLLIMORE
20 July 2023

Prince Harry's memoir Spare is the 'most dumped' book by holidaymakers this summer, it was claimed today.

The 416-page diatribe has reportedly been left in rooms, bins and by pools at holiday hotspots across Europe and further afield, including in Spain, Greece and Turkey.

Tour operator On The Beach said it had received 100 left-behind copies of the autobiography from fed-up hotel workers so far this summer, with school holidays only just getting underway.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12319421/Prince-Harrys-memoir-Spare-dumped-Spain-Greece-Turkey.html

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3564 on: July 20, 2023, 02:39:38 pm »
American divorcees are nothing but trouble for the British Royal Family.  Once they go American, they never go back.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3565 on: July 20, 2023, 03:43:06 pm »
 :pondering:

Prince Harry and Meghan Separate Over Their “Non-Identity”
By
M Dowling -
July 20, 2023

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly on a ‘trial separation’ amid nasty fights, financial pressure, and opposing lifestyles. Divorce papers might have been filed.
The scoop about their non-identity damaging their marriage:

As some reports indicate, Meghan allegedly plans to file for divorce and wants sole and full custody of the children. However, that might not be so simple.

According to reports, the royal family operates with a strange custody agreement when its couples have their children, which states that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has full legal custody over the young royals. Royal expert Marlene Koenig told news outlets: “The sovereign has legal custody of the minor grandchildren.”

Koenig continued: “This goes back to King George I [who ruled in the early 1700s], and the law’s never been changed. He did it because he had a very poor relationship with his son, the future King George II, so they passed this law that meant the King was the guardian of his grandchildren.”

However, they’re living in America, and that doesn’t fly here. Also, she’s ruthless and will start making up stories about Harry and the Royal family. Harry should have listened to Queen Elizabeth, who, along with Prince William, tried to convince him not to marry her.

Queen Elizabeth II allegedly told people she was sorry her grandson Harry met Meghan Markle. She called Meghan “evil” and their courtship a “complete catastrophe.”

more
https://www.independentsentinel.com/prince-harry-and-meghan-separate-over-their-non-identity/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3566 on: July 20, 2023, 04:23:50 pm »
If Harry ditches Meghan (or vice-versa), my guess is that they'll be a bit of a Prodigal Son twist to this story with respect to his family.

Lots of us guys have done something stupid for a girl.  Harry did take that to an extreme...but I don't think the family will consign him forever to purgatory if he is repentent.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3567 on: July 20, 2023, 04:29:21 pm »
If Harry ditches Meghan (or vice-versa), my guess is that they'll be a bit of a Prodigal Son twist to this story with respect to his family.

Lots of us guys have done something stupid for a girl.  Harry did take that to an extreme...but I don't think the family will consign him forever to purgatory if he is repentent.

Agreed.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3568 on: July 20, 2023, 04:30:50 pm »
King Charles’ reign is a ‘sandwich filling’ between queen, Prince William: expert

By Jane Herz
July 19, 2023

Forget about his sausage fingers — he’s a “sandwich” now.

Russell Myers, the Daily Mirror’s royal editor, recently revealed that he believes that King Charles’ reign is just acting as a stall for time — a “sandwich” between the late Queen Elizabeth II’s monarchy and the future king William’s.

The topic was brought up on last week’s episode of the “Pod Save the King” podcast, as Myers and the show’s host, Ann Gripper, were discussing Joe Biden’s recent visit to England, where he met with Charles, 74, at Windsor Castle.

Myers mentioned that he was a bit “disappointed” that there was no press conference after the meeting, while Gripper compared it to Biden’s last visit while the queen was still alive.

“But do you think Joe Biden’s a little bit stung as when he was over last time and then he came out and started chitchatting about what him and the queen had been chitchatting about, and that was really not the done thing,” Gripper commented. “Does it feel like it actually is the done thing now that you could chat a bit more freely about what you talked about with Charles?”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/19/king-charles-reign-is-a-sandwich-filling-expert/
Sorry, off topic, did anyone else when reading the name Russel Myers flash to Russ Myers king of shlock movies like  Beneath the Valley of the Ultra-Vixens · Beyond the Valley of the Dolls . Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! ? You don't need to tell me I'm more than a bit warped. Okay thread Hijack over.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3569 on: July 22, 2023, 04:58:19 pm »
Kate Middleton is ‘tougher’ than people think, playing the ‘long game’: expert

By Nicki Gostin
July 22, 2023

Kate Middleton is one tough cookie.

Royal expert Valentine Low exclusively told Page Six in a recent interview that the royal, 41, is “tougher” than she lets on.

“Interestingly, behind the scenes, she’s a lot more steely, a lot tougher than we give her credit,” he said.

“She’s this nice-looking woman, dresses nicely, smiles nicely, adopts sort of fairly uncontroversial charities,” the author explained.

“You know, they think she’s slightly bland.”

Low said one example of the Princess of Wales’ steeliness occurred after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey, which aired in March 2021.

In the candid sit-down, the “Suits” alum, also 41, shared that she had harbored suicidal thoughts during her brief stint as a working royal. The Duke of Sussex, 38, also implied that the monarchy had become jealous of Markle after seeing how popular she was on the couple’s first tour to Australia.

Source:  https://pagesix.com/2023/07/22/kate-middleton-is-tougher-than-people-think-royal-expert/

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3570 on: July 22, 2023, 05:26:30 pm »
Kate Middleton is one tough cookie.

Royal expert Valentine Low exclusively told Page Six in a recent interview that the royal, 41, is “tougher” than she lets on.

“Interestingly, behind the scenes, she’s a lot more steely, a lot tougher than we give her credit,” he said.

And that reminds me of ... Queen Elizabeth!!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3571 on: July 22, 2023, 05:27:59 pm »
And that reminds me of ... Queen Elizabeth!!

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3572 on: July 22, 2023, 06:26:00 pm »
Princess Catherine stands her ground.  Good for her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3573 on: July 22, 2023, 06:45:30 pm »
King Charles reportedly getting a raise thanks to the ‘golden ratchet’ clause

By Dana Kennedy   
July 22, 2023

King Charles III and the rest of the royal family are set to get a raise.

Despite some changes in how the money paid to the the royals by the UK government is calculated, the royals’ take will likely jump “significantly” in the years to come, CNBC reported, citing a review of the annual Sovereign Grant.

For 2022-2023, the grant was worth about $96 million, the same it was for the previous year.

The amount will remain steady for 2024-2025, but is expected to rise after that, the BBC reported.

The eye-popping amounts, which do not account for all of the royals’ income, are determined with a formula based on the percentage of the profits from the Crown Estate.

That’s the name for the vast collection of hereditary assets that belong to the monarch, from Buckingham Palace in London to Balmoral Castle in Scotland, where Queen Elizabeth II died last year, and multiple other estates along with extensive portions of the coastline and seabed of Britain, Wales and Northern Ireland.

All told, the portfolio is worth $20.5 billion.

Six new offshore wind farms, worth about $1.1 billion, generated “substantial additional income” and helped drive up the total value of the estate in recent years.

The profits from the estate, which is only the king’s property during his reign but not considered private property, go to the nation’s treasury, which doles out the funds for the Sovereign Grant.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/king-charles-royal-family-reportedly-getting-a-raise/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3574 on: July 22, 2023, 09:01:42 pm »

Hollywood royalty avoiding Harry and Meghan to stay in William and Kate’s good graces: report
By Isabel Vincent   
July 22, 2023 3:43pm

Snitches don’t make friends in Tinseltown, as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are finding out.

Celebrities, including their high-profile neighbors Steven Spielberg, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Rob Lowe, are staying away from the exiled royals in fear that they will spill their secrets — and alienate them from Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The Montecito-based couple were not even invited to Oprah Winfrey’s birthday party this year, despite her bombshell interview with the Sussexes in March 2021, according to NewsNation.

“Everyone’s got a movie to sell and a Broadway play they want to debut on screen in London or [London’s] West End and they know that Prince William and Kate — who are the biggest [celebrity] gets over there won’t show if they think someone is friends with Harry and Meghan,” the outlet’s senior story producer Paula Froelich said Friday.

“My sources tell me it’s all about the money,” she added. “And the big power players in Hollywood aren’t jeopardizing their business for Harry and Meghan.”

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who broke away from the royal family in 2020, were also snubbed by the White House when they were denied a flight on Air Force One when they tried to hitch a ride back to the US after Queen Elizabeth’s state funeral in September.

The White House reportedly worried that escorting the estranged royals with President Biden and first lady Jill Biden would cause a “commotion” and strain relations with Britain.

Hollywood celebrities also worried about the couple spilling their secrets, Froelich said.

“What if they dish on what’s in the refrigerator as well?” she said.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/07/22/harry-and-meghan-shunned-by-hollywood-over-william-and-kate-report/
Support the USO