Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332825 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3225 on: April 12, 2023, 02:41:39 pm »
Harry WILL attend King Charles' Coronation but Meghan will stay in California with Archie and Lilibet, Buckingham Palace confirms - as Sussexes' friend Omid Scobie says it will 'only be a quick trip' for the Prince

By Mark Duell for MailOnline

Published: 10:03 EDT, 12 April 2023 | Updated: 10:18 EDT, 12 April 2023

Prince Harry will attend the King's Coronation service in London next month - but Meghan Markle will remain in California with their children Archie and Lilibet.

Buckingham Palace confirmed the dramatic news in a statement today, saying it was 'pleased to confirm' the Duke of Sussex will be at Westminster Abbey on May 6.

But the Duchess will stay home at the couple's residence in Montecito with one-year-old Lilibet and Archie, whose fourth birthday is on the same day as the event.

The couple's friend Omid Scobie said Archie's birthday 'played a factor in the couple's decision' and he expected it would be a 'fairly quick trip to the UK' for Harry.

Harry and Meghan had controversially delayed their decision over whether they would fly in for the ceremony, despite the RSVP date of April 3 having passed.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11965087/Prince-Harry-attend-Coronation-Meghan-stay-California.html?ito=pull-notification&ci=PY0q1n63bd&xi=f0e38537-1e41-4cba-893d-9c52d143e53f&ai=11965087
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3226 on: April 12, 2023, 02:45:47 pm »
Prince Harry to Attend King Charles and Queen Camilla's Coronation Without Meghan Markle

https://people.com/royals/prince-harry-will-attend-king-charles-coronation-without-meghan-markle/

If the boy was smart, he wouldn't come back.  Heck,  his dad is head of the Church of England, I'd guess an annulment would be about as easy as buying a loaf of bread in this case.

Or even divorce, since the odds of him becoming King now, are near zero.

If you look at the pained look he has on camera, you gotta think he's had about enough of this embarassment.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3227 on: April 12, 2023, 03:40:19 pm »
Fly Harry in the night before, sit him with his cousins and fly him home as soon as its over.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3228 on: April 12, 2023, 07:25:18 pm »
But the Duchess will stay home at the couple's residence in Montecito with one-year-old Lilibet and Archie, whose fourth birthday is on the same day as the event.

The couple's friend Omid Scobie said Archie's birthday 'played a factor in the couple's decision' and he expected it would be a 'fairly quick trip to the UK' for Harry.
The kid's grandfather is the freaking king. I think that takes precedence over a 4th birthday he won't remember. But I doubt the lovely Meg has any interest in the coronation anyway, she's been so persecuted and all.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3229 on: April 12, 2023, 07:52:38 pm »
 ////00000////

Has the Royal Family been able to find famous musicians or groups to perform at the Coronation?  I heard Elton John and the Spice Girls, both, declined the invite.

Johnny (Rotten) Lydon may still be available to belt out the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen".
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3230 on: April 12, 2023, 07:56:37 pm »
////00000////

Has the Royal Family been able to find famous musicians or groups to perform at the Coronation?  I heard Elton John and the Spice Girls, both, declined the invite.

Johnny (Rotten) Lydon may still be available to belt out the Sex Pistols' "God Save The Queen".

I heard Bette Midler will be there.  Joy!  *****rollingeyes***** Lionel Richie as well.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11954195/Bette-Midler-perform-King-Charles-Coronation-alongside-Lionel-Richie-That.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3231 on: April 12, 2023, 08:20:19 pm »
The kid's grandfather is the freaking king. I think that takes precedence over a 4th birthday he won't remember. But I doubt the lovely Meg has any interest in the coronation anyway, she's been so persecuted and all.

Agreed. Unless she can sit front and center...she ain't going.

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3232 on: April 13, 2023, 04:05:26 am »
The kid's grandfather is the freaking king. I think that takes precedence over a 4th birthday he won't remember. But I doubt the lovely Meg has any interest in the coronation anyway, she's been so persecuted and all.ve no clue
I remember a small part of my 3rd birthday party. It was in our small living room after church on a Sunday and I was sitting in a  circle with several other children.  But was it on my actual birthday?  I have no clue. At that age, not having a party on the actual day isn't a big  deal.  Have it anytime.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3233 on: April 13, 2023, 04:24:15 am »
Exactly, @LadyLiberty  They could have the birthday celebration a week early or late, and the kid would neither know nor care.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3234 on: April 13, 2023, 01:21:37 pm »
King Charles ‘very disappointed’ that Meghan is skipping coronation: report

By Nika Shakhnazarova
April 13, 2023

King Charles is reportedly “very disappointed” that his daughter-in-law Meghan Markle is skipping his historic coronation.

The monarch is feeling mixed emotions about the plan announced Wednesday for his son, Prince Harry, to attend the May 6 coronation, but leave Markle and the couple’s children, Archie and Lilibet, back in California, a source told the Sun.

“The King is happy that Harry, his son, who he calls his ‘darling boy,’ will be at the Abbey. He wanted him there,” the source said.

“It is sad, he is very disappointed that he won’t see Meghan or his grandchildren but understands the situation.”

Notably, May 6 is also Prince Archie’s fourth birthday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/13/king-charles-very-disappointed-that-meghan-is-skipping-coronation-report/

« Reply #3235 on: April 14, 2023, 04:44:20 am »
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle kept King Charles waiting over Coronation plans 'because they wanted to know who would be sitting in front of them and who would be behind them' in Westminster Abbey during weeks of 'transatlantic ping pong'
Daily Mail/UK, Apr 13, 2023

Prince Harry delayed replying to the invitation to the Coronation because he was engaged in 'transatlantic ping pong' and was 'preoccupied' by where he would have to sit, sources have indicated.

It was one of the reasons he was so late in confirming his decision to attend the crowning of his father King Charles III at Westminster Abbey on May 6.

Neither Buckingham Palace nor a legal representative for the Duke of Sussex responded to a request for comment today. But more than one source has confirmed to the Mail that there have been 'extensive discussions' between London and California over the issue.

One said: 'Harry's side was keen to find out, presumably because they wanted to rubber-stamp it, what the seating plan at the Abbey is. There's been extensive back and forth about who they [Harry and Meghan] would be sitting behind if they came. And who would be behind them.'

Harry was apparently quite preoccupied by this particular detail, the source said.

More:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals/article-11970747/Prince-Harry-preoccupied-sit-King-Charless-Coronation.html

« Reply #3236 on: April 14, 2023, 05:02:23 am »
MEGHAN MCCAIN: God help America! Meghan has snubbed the coronation - and any hopes of her and Harry buzzing off back to the UK are lost forever. What did we do to deserve these whiny ingrates?
Daily Mail UK, Apr 13, 2023

[...]

But let's keep it real here. No one in their right mind believes Hollywood Meghan Markle is passing up a chance to peacock in front of the world to blow up balloons and serve cake in the backyard.

They couldn’t celebrate in the U.K.? Pssst… a preschooler has no idea what country he’s in.

There are arguably few people on Earth more obsessed with seeing themselves on camera than Meghan.

Now, all of a sudden, she doesn't want to be pictured in public, dressed up in one of those ridiculous tiny hats? I'm sorry. I'm not buying it.

I believe brave Meghan is chickening out. It seems to me that she is clearly unwilling to face the music with her in-laws and the British public

No matter how tone-deaf she is (and she’s pretty tone-deaf), she must be aware of how deeply unpopular she is in her husband's home country. She would likely be booed the second the private jet’s wheels touch down.

[...]

They may be breathing a sigh of relief across the pond. But this means that Meghan is left stranded on our side of the water.

Good grief!

Any hopes that they’d get tired of the California sunshine and buzz off back to Great Britain are utterly lost.

In the end, it’s obvious why Meghan is choosing to pass on the coronation: It’s not about her.

This glorious, historic celebration is about welcoming the reign of a new King and his Queen. It is also about highlighting the next generation of working Royals, not the ones who hightailed it out of town to go hang out with Ellen DeGeneres.

If Meghan were to attend the coronation, she would be relegated to the same place she and Harry occupied during Queen Elizabeth's funeral – the D-List. To her, that’s unacceptable.

But Meghan and the Prince of Mope have made their beds - and now they must lie in them. Their decision will hang over Harry’s trip - and it will give Americans even more reason to be disgusted by them both. No one likes an ingrate.

More:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11969533/MCCAIN-Meghan-snubbed-coronation-hopes-Harry-returning-UK-lost.html

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #3237 on: April 14, 2023, 05:11:30 pm »
I suspect that the Queen's funeral was a big eye-opener to Meghan. People in line for days to pay their respects to QE vs the much lower opinion of the people to her and Harry. The two of them have so damaged their brand in the UK (and world-wide, IMO), and she just doesn't have it in her to deal with that face to face, much less show some humility.

Gutfeld said it well the other night.  Meghan married Harry for relevance, then was surprised when she finally realized that the only way he would ever wear a crown was if he had his birthday party at Burger King.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3238 on: April 14, 2023, 05:16:01 pm »
I suspect that the Queen's funeral was a big eye-opener to Meghan. People in line for days to pay their respects to QE vs the much lower opinion of the people to her and Harry. The two of them have so damaged their brand in the UK (and world-wide, IMO), and she just doesn't have it in her to deal with that face to face, much less show some humility.

Gutfeld said it well the other night.  Meghan married Harry for relevance, then was surprised when she finally realized that the only way he would ever wear a crown was if he had his birthday party at Burger King.

Markle's behavior has enraged the British citizenry, and honestly I think she fears being pelted with rotten fruit. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3239 on: April 14, 2023, 05:44:24 pm »

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3240 on: April 18, 2023, 05:05:04 pm »
King Charles makes ‘peace offering’ to Meghan — in coronation souvenir program

By Samantha Ibrahim and Rob Bailey-Millado
April 18, 2023

King Charles’ latest move has royal watchers declaring he’s offering an “olive branch” to the estranged Prince Harry and his wife Meghan Markle.

The monarch has prominently featured a photograph of the controversial Duke and Duchess of Sussex in his official coronation souvenir program.

Markle’s appearance is raising eyebrows considering she’s infamously not attending the historic May 6 event.

The fun family photo was actually snapped in Clarence Gardens in 2018 for Charles’ 70th birthday, which explains the absence of Harry and Meghan’s babes Princess Lilibet, 1, and Prince Archie, 3.

Of course, some social media watchdogs are cattily calling out the dated image.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/meghan-markle-included-in-king-charles-coronation-book/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3241 on: April 18, 2023, 05:15:25 pm »

The then-Prince Charles poses for an official portrait to mark his 70th birthday in the gardens of Clarence House, with Camilla, Queen Consort, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle on Sept. 5, 2018

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3242 on: April 18, 2023, 05:16:38 pm »
I don't believe Kate has the power to do this... :shrug:

Kate Middleton blocked Meghan Markle from attending coronation: ‘Sit at the back’
By Andrew Court   
April 14, 2023 10:04am

Princess Kate blocked sister-in-law Meghan Markle from attending King Charles’ upcoming coronation, a prominent royal biographer claims.

Tom Bower, who penned the best-selling “Revenge: Meghan, Harry and the War Between the Windsors,” made the shocking declaration during an interview with GB News on Thursday, saying he believed Markle may actually have wanted to attend the historic event.

“We must all be grateful that Kate, in the end, I think, prevented Meghan from coming, and said she ‘wouldn’t have her there under any circumstances,’” the author claimed. “And if she [Markle] did come, she’d have to sit at the back.”

“I do think that for the royal family, Harry’s presence is constitutionally important,” Bower continued. “God forbid, the Cambridges all died, we’d have King Harry on the throne after Charles, so he’s got to be there.”

Buckingham Palace confirmed on Tuesday that Prince Harry will head to London to attend the coronation alone on May 6. Markle will stay in California with the couple’s two children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/04/14/kate-middleton-blocked-meghan-markle-from-attending-coronation-royal-biographer/
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3243 on: April 18, 2023, 06:00:35 pm »

The then-Prince Charles poses for an official portrait to mark his 70th birthday in the gardens of Clarence House, with Camilla, Queen Consort, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle on Sept. 5, 2018

Am I the only one who sees Camilla with her arm around the Princess Charlotte , as a bit creepy considering the circumstances?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3244 on: April 18, 2023, 06:16:00 pm »
Am I the only one who sees Camilla with her arm around the Princess Charlotte , as a bit creepy considering the circumstances?

I personally don't see any creepiness.  Maybe that's just me.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3245 on: April 18, 2023, 07:19:23 pm »

I don't think it's creepy at all.  Camilla is the only "grandmother" she'll ever know.  It's good that Camilla is affectionate.  So was my step-grandmother.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3246 on: April 21, 2023, 12:33:17 pm »
Prince Harry’s solo coronation trip will ‘backfire terribly’: Meghan’s ex-pal

By Nika Shakhnazarova
April 21, 2023

Meghan Markle’s former friend has issued a stark warning to Prince Harry ahead of his solo trip to his father’s coronation next month.

TV presenter Lizzie Cundy, who struck up a friendship with the Duchess of Sussex in 2013, believes that Harry’s brief return to home soil will “backfire terribly” on him.

Cundy said that the exiled royal’s appearance at King Charles’ May 6 ceremony will be a “fleeting” one when he attends without his wife, Meghan Markle.

“Prince Harry coming to the coronation and dipping his toe in and out, he’ll have a hard job walking away with any pride, he’ll be on one leg as his other foot will be in his mouth,” she told The Mirror.

“He’s only coming to the coronation for a fleeting moment so he can write in his next book or say in his next interview with Meghan, how poorly treated he was by everybody and how his dad didn’t want him. He’s done this to himself.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/21/harrys-solo-coronation-trip-will-backfire-terribly-meghans-ex-pal/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3247 on: April 22, 2023, 11:54:22 am »
Valentine Low
@valentinelow
3h
Fascinating story by @victoria_ward. The question is, why does the Sussex camp want to leak all this? Is it Meghan trying to prevent an outbreak of peace between Harry and his father? And intriguing that they should resort to the sort of briefing that they condemned in others.

The Duchess of Sussex expressed her concerns about unconscious bias in the Royal family in a letter to the King, The Telegraph can reveal.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1649516723903528961

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3248 on: April 22, 2023, 01:58:00 pm »
The Duchess of Sussex expressed her concerns about unconscious bias in the Royal family in a letter to the King, The Telegraph can reveal.

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1649516723903528961

Why don't we just ban this Royal-in-law from "Royal Happenings"!  I'm so sick of her!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3249 on: April 22, 2023, 04:03:04 pm »
Why Meghan isn't coming to the Coronation revealed: Duchess of Sussex 'was unhappy that letter to her from King Charles did not answer her complaints that royal neglect left her suicidal and how bullying probe had been launched against her'

The Duchess' letter was reportedly sent in reply to one from King Charles himself
    Meghan told Oprah Winfrey in 2021 that she was left feeling suicidal as a royal
    For help and support, call the Samaritans for free and anonymously on 116 123

By Elizabeth Haigh

Published: 06:19 EDT, 22 April 2023 | Updated: 06:38 EDT, 22 April 2023

Meghan Markle was left upset after a letter from King Charles did not address her belief that neglect led to her feeling suicidal or concerns over the launch of a bullying probe into her, it was claimed last night.

The Duchess of Sussex wrote to King Charles about the issues, as well as about unconscious bias in the Royal family after her bombshell Oprah interview, it has been claimed.

She is believed to have brought up her poor mental health while participating as a working royal, having claimed in the interview that she reached the point of feeling suicidal but was told by palace aides she was not allowed to seek professional help.

There was also said to be disappointment that the letter from Charles did not address her concerns about the bullying probe which was launched into her behaviour towards staff.

These feelings may have played a part in the Duchess' decision to remain in California while Prince Harry attends the coronation, The Telegraph reports.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12001873/Why-Meghan-isnt-coming-Coronation-Letter-Charles-did-not-address-suicidal-feelings.html
Support the USO