Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332897 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3175 on: March 05, 2023, 04:28:35 pm »
No argument there.  He pretty clearly has no filter remaining at all.

You know, all this crap about this "therapy" and all that b.s....  There's nothing wrong with getting therapy if you need it, but it is his apparent need to make public everything most people would say privately in therapy that is so off-putting.
Looks like it took no time at all to teach Harry to play the victim card, she just left out the part of being a POC...unless he thinks being a Ginger counts.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3176 on: March 05, 2023, 04:46:00 pm »
No argument there.  He pretty clearly has no filter remaining at all.

You know, all this crap about this "therapy" and all that b.s....  There's nothing wrong with getting therapy if you need it, but it is his apparent need to make public everything most people would say privately in therapy that is so off-putting.

Aren't there provisions within the royal charters about ongoing admitted lawbreaking?   I am guessing using haullocengnic mushrooms recreationally is not legal in the UK.  To me, use of these things are a personal choice, but when you are given such standing, and such government subsidized living stipend,   I would think there would be adjusted standards of conduct that he would have to adhere to.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3177 on: March 05, 2023, 04:55:19 pm »
Does Charles really want this drug addled idiot to appear at his coronation..I wonder if this is news to the royal family..  :shrug:

I seems the news will all be about H&M then King Charles..I am sure they have considered that.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3178 on: March 05, 2023, 05:06:56 pm »
Does Charles really want this drug addled idiot to appear at his coronation..I wonder if this is news to the royal family..  :shrug:

I seems the news will all be about H&M then King Charles..I am sure they have considered that.

I have a feeling that getting the louse to do his duty and bend the knee as a duke of the realm is worth far more than any public giggling over his admission of using psychedelic drugs.  Furthermore, while it might be a little embarrassing, it's no longer that embarrassing in the general culture, and probably doesn't really change many opinions about the royal family.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3179 on: March 05, 2023, 10:24:49 pm »
Prince Harry says psychedelics are ‘fundamental’ part of his life

By Tamantha Ryan and Nicki Gostin
March 4, 2023

Prince Harry recently spoke openly about his recreational use of psychedelics.

The Duke of Sussex, 38, revealed during an online chat with trauma expert Gabor Maté Saturday that drugs have helped him deal with his past traumas.

“It was the cleaning of the windscreen, the removal of life’s filters — these layers of filters — it removed it all for me and brought me a sense of relaxation, relief, comfort, a lightness that I managed to hold back for a period of time,” he shared.

“I started doing it recreationally and then started to realize how good it was for me,” Harry added.

Source:  https://pagesix.com/2023/03/04/prince-harry-psychedelics-are-fundamental-part-of-life/

I have a feeling that getting the louse to do his duty and bend the knee as a duke of the realm is worth far more than any public giggling over his admission of using psychedelic drugs.  Furthermore, while it might be a little embarrassing, it's no longer that embarrassing in the general culture, and probably doesn't really change many opinions about the royal family.

@Kamaji

Ok,I am going to post a few things  here that may be unpopular for many posters on TBR.

Drugs,even psychodelic drugs are NOT generally bad or even dangerous. The only dangerous drugs I am aware of are the ones like Heroin.

I took every drug known  to mankind from the  late late 60's to the mid-70's,and did it often. Looking back on it now,I  SUSPECT the reason I started to take them was because one day I was humping the bush in Laos and Cambodia loaded down  with  some form of automatic rifle,grenades,mines,etc,etc,etc,and a week later I am getting off an airliner in Ca,looking around and wondering  "WTF is going on here?""

To give you some idea of how out of touch with the typical American and American society at that time,I had a layover in DC before I could catch a plane close to home,so I caught a cab to downtown DC,just to kill  time looking around. So there I was,in downtown DC during rush hour,standing on a corner in my dress greens,and carrying a Russian sniper rifle in one hand,and a fifth  of whisky in the other. And taking  ocassional drinks from the bottle.

I had not the slightest clue I was doing anything wrong,and just thinking the people walking by were staring at me because I was wearing a Green  Beret. Then I had a DC cop come up and politely ask me if he could look at the rifle. I said  "Sure!",and handed it to him. He pulled back the bolt to make sure it wasn't loaded,smiled  at me,and welcomed me "home" before walking away.

I did this for a while,and then caught a taxi back to the airport in time to catch  my flight home. All the while thinking nothing  of it. It took a couple of years for it to occur to me why people were staring at me,and to realize I was damn lucky  to not have been arrested. For drinking whisky on the street,if nothing else.

SF were the "high speed boys of VN". At times those of us in SOG had a casuality rate of over 50 percent and had to temporarily halt missions until we could get some more volunteers in and train them up. You would see recon teams with a SGT E-5 team leader,and a Captain carrying the radio and taking orders from the E-5.

I eventually "evened out" and sobered up. Don't even drink  beer anymore,and haven't for decades.

Don't blame Harry's brain farts and marriage on drugs. Blame them on Harry. It's people like him that  give  drugs such a bad  name.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3180 on: March 05, 2023, 11:41:20 pm »
March 5, 2023 5:29pm EST
Prince Harry, Meghan Markle receive coronation invitation from King Charles III
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex stepped away from royal duties in January 2020 and moved to California
By Tracy Wright | Fox News

King Charles III is attempting to bring his family together once again despite ongoing tension in the monarchy.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry were extended an invitation to His Majesty's coronation in May, according to the Sunday Times.

It's unclear if the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the ceremony.

Charles will be formally crowned on May 6 at London's Westminster Abbey, nearly nine months after he ascended the throne following the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

Buckingham Palace and Archewell did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

May 6 is a particularly important date for Prince Harry and Meghan as the day coincides with their son Archie's fourth birthday. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex removed themselves from royal responsibilities in January 2020 and moved to Canada before settling in Southern California.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-harry-meghan-markle-receive-coronation-invitation-king-charles-iii
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3181 on: March 06, 2023, 02:29:30 am »
By Rory Tingle and Alastair Lockhart

Published: 12:00 EST, 4 March 2023 | Updated: 15:12 EST, 4 March 2023

The Duke of Sussex sat down with controversial 'toxic trauma' expert Dr Gabor Maté for a 90-minute conversation that saw him paint a raw and vivid picture of the pain he continues to suffer as a result of losing his mother aged 12.

more https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11820279/Prince-Harry-talks-toxic-trauma-expert-Gabor-Mate.html

The world seems to remember this photo and has decided to think of Harry always às the young child who lost his mother. I can't help but wonder how Harry would be today if instead he had been seen and treated as who was --- a 13 year old (in two weeks) who hadn't yet started his growth spurt.  Maybe he could have received appropriate help instead of being cuddled and excused for the rest of his life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3182 on: March 06, 2023, 02:37:23 am »
I sure remember reading that Harry and William had grief counseling at the time.

Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3183 on: March 08, 2023, 12:49:46 pm »
Harry and Meghan’s daughter was christened in LA.

Photos here

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-harry-and-meghans-daughter-princess-lilibet-diana-christened-in-la-12828728

She’s a very cute baby
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3184 on: March 08, 2023, 03:48:12 pm »
The latest *olive branch*

March 8, 2023 2:00am EST

King Charles offers Meghan Markle, Prince Harry ‘lifeline' following eviction 'blowback': expert
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were evicted from Frogmore Cottage shortly after Harry's tell-all 'Spare' was published

By Stephanie Nolasco , Ashley Papa | Fox News

King Charles III may have given Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the boot from Frogmore Cottage, but he could have an offer the couple won't refuse.

The monarch could give the Duke and Duchess of Sussex the keys to an apartment in Buckingham Palace as their U.K. residence when they visit, the Independent reported. According to the outlet, the suite of rooms that the king may offer to the couple previously belonged to Prince Andrew.

Christopher Andersen, author of "The King," told Fox News Digital that it is likely Charles, 74, would offer an olive branch to his son leading up to the coronation. The king will be crowned on May 6 at London’s Westminster Abbey.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/king-charles-offers-meghan-markle-prince-harry-lifeline-following-eviction-blowback
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3185 on: March 08, 2023, 04:00:54 pm »
The latest *olive branch*

March 8, 2023 2:00am EST

King Charles offers Meghan Markle, Prince Harry ‘lifeline' following eviction 'blowback': expert
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were evicted from Frogmore Cottage shortly after Harry's tell-all 'Spare' was published

By Stephanie Nolasco , Ashley Papa | Fox News

King Charles III may have given Prince Harry and Meghan Markle the boot from Frogmore Cottage, but he could have an offer the couple won't refuse.

The monarch could give the Duke and Duchess of Sussex the keys to an apartment in Buckingham Palace as their U.K. residence when they visit, the Independent reported. According to the outlet, the suite of rooms that the king may offer to the couple previously belonged to Prince Andrew.

Christopher Andersen, author of "The King," told Fox News Digital that it is likely Charles, 74, would offer an olive branch to his son leading up to the coronation. The king will be crowned on May 6 at London’s Westminster Abbey.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/king-charles-offers-meghan-markle-prince-harry-lifeline-following-eviction-blowback

It eliminates the "we are concerned about our security" excuse they might otherwise have used if they were forced to find their own lodging.

I think this is all about boxing them into attending the coronation without having the apology or any of their other demands met.  Declining the invitatiin at this point may have repercussions they simply don't want.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3186 on: March 08, 2023, 05:10:13 pm »
It eliminates the "we are concerned about our security" excuse they might otherwise have used if they were forced to find their own lodging.

I think this is all about boxing them into attending the coronation without having the apology or any of their other demands met.  Declining the invitatiin at this point may have repercussions they simply don't want.

I have a feeling you're correct.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3187 on: March 08, 2023, 07:42:03 pm »
@Kamaji

Ok,I am going to post a few things  here that may be unpopular for many posters on TBR.

Drugs,even psychodelic drugs are NOT generally bad or even dangerous. The only dangerous drugs I am aware of are the ones like Heroin.

I took every drug known  to mankind from the  late late 60's to the mid-70's,and did it often. Looking back on it now,I  SUSPECT the reason I started to take them was because one day I was humping the bush in Laos and Cambodia loaded down  with  some form of automatic rifle,grenades,mines,etc,etc,etc,and a week later I am getting off an airliner in Ca,looking around and wondering  "WTF is going on here?""

To give you some idea of how out of touch with the typical American and American society at that time,I had a layover in DC before I could catch a plane close to home,so I caught a cab to downtown DC,just to kill  time looking around. So there I was,in downtown DC during rush hour,standing on a corner in my dress greens,and carrying a Russian sniper rifle in one hand,and a fifth  of whisky in the other. And taking  ocassional drinks from the bottle.

I had not the slightest clue I was doing anything wrong,and just thinking the people walking by were staring at me because I was wearing a Green  Beret. Then I had a DC cop come up and politely ask me if he could look at the rifle. I said  "Sure!",and handed it to him. He pulled back the bolt to make sure it wasn't loaded,smiled  at me,and welcomed me "home" before walking away.

I did this for a while,and then caught a taxi back to the airport in time to catch  my flight home. All the while thinking nothing  of it. It took a couple of years for it to occur to me why people were staring at me,and to realize I was damn lucky  to not have been arrested. For drinking whisky on the street,if nothing else.

SF were the "high speed boys of VN". At times those of us in SOG had a casuality rate of over 50 percent and had to temporarily halt missions until we could get some more volunteers in and train them up. You would see recon teams with a SGT E-5 team leader,and a Captain carrying the radio and taking orders from the E-5.

I eventually "evened out" and sobered up. Don't even drink  beer anymore,and haven't for decades.

Don't blame Harry's brain farts and marriage on drugs. Blame them on Harry. It's people like him that  give  drugs such a bad  name.

Totally agree that Harry's problems are his, and shouldn't be blamed on drugs.

With respect to the other stuff, I'll just say that drugs, and therefore drug use, is much worse now.   The drugs, even if unadulterated, are stronger/more potent.  More importantly, you can buy one drug, not know it has been cut with something else, and end up dead.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 07:47:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3188 on: March 10, 2023, 12:49:57 am »
 March 9, 2023 7:15pm EST
Harry, Meghan Markle surprised palace aides with ‘highly ironic’ decision to give kids royal titles: expert
Archie and Lilibet's titles were changed to prince and princess on the royal family's website

By Brie Stimson , Stephanie Nolasco | Fox News

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle surprised palace aides with their "highly ironic" decision to give their two children royal titles this week, an expert told Fox News Digital.

"It appears that with one decisive stroke, she and Harry declared that their children would be prince and princess, basically making the king's decision for him," Christopher Andersen, author of the "The King: The Life of Charles III," said a day after the couple first referred to their daughter as Princess Lilibet in her christening announcement. 

The celebration for the 21-month-old was confirmed Wednesday. She turns 2 in June.

"I can confirm that Princess Lilibet Diana was christened on Friday, March 3, by the bishop in the Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles, the Rev John Taylor," a spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex told Fox News Digital in a statement at the time.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/harry-meghan-markle-surprised-palace-aides-highly-ironic-decision-kids-royal-titles-expert
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3189 on: March 10, 2023, 12:56:27 am »
Interesting..

Harry´s Wife : She Has Completely Changed Him (Meghan Markle)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 12:58:37 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3190 on: March 11, 2023, 12:07:51 am »
March 10, 2023 2:00am EST
Meghan Markle 'hated being a second-rate princess' before making her royal exit, palace staffer claims
Tom Quinn, author of 'Gilded Youth,' described how the Duchess of Sussex viewed Princess Diana as a 'kindred spirit'
By Stephanie Nolasco | Fox News

Meghan Markle 'hated being a second-rate princess' before making her royal exit, palace staffer claims
Stephanie Nolasco
9–11 minutes

Meghan Markle allegedly "hated being a second-rate princess" before she made her royal exit with Prince Harry.

The claim was made by a Kensington Palace staffer "who remembered Meghan well" in a new book written by Tom Quinn titled "Gilded Youth: An Intimate History of Growing Up in the Royal Family." It features exclusive testimony from palace staff with historical sources, as well as royal insiders. It aims to examine the traditional upbringing of the British royal family and how it has impacted them over the years.

A Buckingham Palace spokesperson did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment concerning Quinn’s book. However, a spokesperson previously told Fox News Digital that the palace does not generally comment "on such books."

Quinn told Fox News Digital that the former American actress identified with Princess Diana, a member of the royal family who was treated unfairly by the press and then hounded by paparazzi until her tragic death in 1997 at age 36.

"It’s very easy to see why Meghan would identify with Diana because, in a sense, Diana was also a rebel within the royal family," Quinn explained. "Their views of the royal family coincide. They’re very similar. Diana hated all that stuffiness. She didn’t like the pheasant shooting that she was dragged along to. And it’s interesting because Diana grew up in that world. She grew up on an enormous estate. The Spencers are one of the most aristocratic families in the U.K. They’ve married into the royal family for over 500-600 years. But I think when Meghan thinks of Diana, she sees a kindred spirit."

According to Quinn’s book, the palace staffer described the 41-year-old as "a very nice, smiley, super-positive person." However, as someone who "always felt in control of her own destiny" she found herself in an institution "she couldn’t influence."

"She was dazzled by the worldwide fame that being a princess would bring, but she was shocked by the palace protocol and by the fact that she was not and never could be first in the pecking order," the staffer alleged, as quoted in Quinn's book. "She hated the constraints and the rules; she hated being a second-rate princess – second to Catherine Middleton, I mean. She thought she would be living in Windsor Castle, for example, and just couldn’t believe it when she and Harry were given Nottingham Cottage on the grounds of Kensington Palace."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-hated-being-second-rate-princess-before-royal-exit-palace-staffer-claims
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3191 on: March 11, 2023, 12:22:19 am »
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle surprised palace aides with their "highly ironic" decision to give their two children royal titles this week
They don't have that authority. I may as well dub myself Queen of the Universe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3192 on: March 12, 2023, 12:19:05 am »
Royals 'plan to give Harry and Meghan the cold shoulder' at the Coronation and 'hope they are seated in Iceland': Duke and Duchess will have no place on balcony and family members 'don't want to socialise with them' say friends

Harry and Meghan have been invited and are expected to be at event on May 6
    Family members are privately telling friends that they'll give the ‘cold shoulder’
    Read: In line to the throne: Graphic shows royal family's order of succession

By Kate Mansey

Published: 17:09 EST, 11 March 2023 | Updated: 17:41 EST, 11 March 2023

Members of the Royal Family are hoping that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be ‘seated in Iceland’ if they attend the Coronation service as expected.

Harry and Meghan have been invited and are expected to be at the event on May 6, but many family members are privately telling friends that they will give them the ‘cold shoulder’.

The Sussexes’ children are considered by palace officials to be too young to attend the ceremony at Westminster Abbey, but the couple are likely to spend part of the day with Archie, who turns four on May 6, and Lilibet, now styled Prince and Princess, as they celebrate their son’s birthday.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11848809/Royals-hope-Harry-Meghan-seated-Iceland-Kings-Coronation.html
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3193 on: March 12, 2023, 12:20:27 am »
Sophie Wessex is 'relieved' her move up the royal ranks means she no longer has to curtsey to Meghan, friends say

The former Countess of Wessex has now moved up to the Duchess of Edinburgh
    Friend said Meghan 'has spent three years criticising institution Sophie supports'
    Read: In line to the throne: Graphic shows royal family's order of succession

By Kate Mansey

Published: 17:23 EST, 11 March 2023 | Updated: 17:23 EST, 11 March 2023

Relations between them were said to have become strained when the Duchess of Sussex reportedly turned down the chance to have Sophie Wessex mentor her on life as a Royal.

Now friends of Sophie, the new Duchess of Edinburgh, claim she is ‘relieved’ that her move up the Royal ranks means she no longer needs to curtsey to Meghan.

The former Countess of Wessex had previously been duty-bound to defer to Prince Harry’s wife who, as a Duchess, was of a higher rank.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11848813/Sophie-Wessex-relieved-royal-ranks-means-no-longer-curtsey-Meghan.html
Support the USO

« Reply #3194 on: March 15, 2023, 12:16:52 am »
'This is what a Queen looks like': LIZ JONES says Kate's Commonwealth Day outfit shows she 'means business' - after ditching 'dowdy and safe' outfits
Daily Mail/UK, Mar 14, 2023

Please, Kate, I was pleading as she arrived on a blustery, dull afternoon for the Commonwealth Day service.

Please, no nipped-in-at-the-waist coat dress with no room for your kidneys. No coat dress. No polka dots. No exposed knees. Nothing recycled. No head-to-toe gold.

Nothing French, as the British fashion industry needs your gold dust to survive. And please God, no high street.

In the six months since becoming the Princess of Wales, it is certainly true that Catherine has upped the ante.

There is a new gravitas to the way she dresses. It is nothing to do with a rivalry with Meghan; dear God, all you must do to win that battle is to own an iron and a mirror.

No. Kate knows she is one step closer to being Queen Consort, is now so much more high profile, that she is all about diplomatic dressing.

The symbolism in her choice of jewellery speaks volumes about heritage, power, and recompense.

Her fashion is these days about vintage (her 1995 Chanel boucle jacket was a stroke of genius), sustainability, and impeccable tailoring.

She can still be edgy – viz, her love of chunky Laura Lombardi jewellery. She can still be fun – viz, the opera gloves worn for the BAFTAs. But everything is getting serious now.  [...]

And Kate? Hooray! No dreaded coat dress, but instead? A peplum. A pattern. Inky, sexy, classy navy. A saucer hat that threatened to take off in the wind.

No reed-thin silhouette, but a kick like one of the Queen’s beloved ponies. No blasted coat dress but a jaunty two piece with flare and flounce. And a contrast cream lining, people.

Much more:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11854671/Kate-Middletons-new-look-shows-means-business-says-LIZ-JONES.html

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 12:20:55 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #3195 on: March 15, 2023, 12:25:32 am »

« Reply #3196 on: March 15, 2023, 12:28:43 am »
FTA:

There is a new gravitas to the way she dresses. It is nothing to do with a rivalry with Meghan; dear God, all you must do to win that battle is to own an iron and a mirror.

88devil

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3197 on: March 15, 2023, 12:33:59 am »

I saw that.... :silly:
Support the USO

« Reply #3198 on: March 18, 2023, 08:30:46 pm »
Princess Iman of Jordan's Wedding (Video)

https://youtu.be/a1AwA90NCdM

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3199 on: March 18, 2023, 08:37:27 pm »
Beautiful bride and a very beautiful gown....
Support the USO