Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333103 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3125 on: February 28, 2023, 02:14:54 am »
When George VI became King his wife, (the Queen Mother), became Queen, consort of King George VI.  She was called Queen Elizabeth. ... As was tradition. 
George V's wife was also Queen Mary, consort of King George, called Queen Mary (Elizabeth II grandmother.

I believe Elizabeth II wanted to make it clear that Camilla would also be called Queen, as was tradition.  Camilla is consort of King Charles, Queen Camilla.  That, in no way, gives her any authority over the continuation of the monarchy.  When Charles dies, William (or his heir becomes King).

:thumbsup:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3126 on: February 28, 2023, 02:27:41 am »
It certainly wouldn’t show that Camilla is a descendant of Charles, and that is all that is necessary to answer must’s question.

So if Camilla becomes Queen, will she elevate her children?

Does anyone here have a copy of Burke’s Peerage?

I lost mine around the turn of the century.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #3127 on: February 28, 2023, 04:46:30 am »

@Gefn   FWIW,  I don't think Camilla ever becomes queen in her own right, she has no royal blood.  And her children cannot enter the line of succession to the throne because they are not issue of her marriage to Charles. 

More: https://www.burkespeerage.com/royalFamily_UnitedKingdom.php

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3128 on: February 28, 2023, 06:09:43 am »
It certainly wouldn’t show that Camilla is a descendant of Charles, and that is all that is necessary to answer must’s question.

I'd really laugh my ass off if the bastard prince is found to be in the Cromwellian line.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3129 on: February 28, 2023, 10:54:29 am »

No.  She’s not descended from the royal line - I.e., Charles - and cannot bequeath the status of royal to anyone who is not a blood relation of Charles.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3130 on: February 28, 2023, 11:03:54 am »
@Gefn   FWIW,  I don't think Camilla ever becomes queen in her own right, she has no royal blood.  And her children cannot enter the line of succession to the throne because they are not issue of her marriage to Charles. 

More: https://www.burkespeerage.com/royalFamily_UnitedKingdom.php

@Right_in_Virginia

Oh absolutely. I’m just wondering if Camilla’s children will get some kind of hereditary title like Lord and Lady?

Thanks for the help with Burke’s peerage. Dang, and you thought your family tree was complicated, lol.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3131 on: February 28, 2023, 11:08:13 am »
No.  She’s not descended from the royal line - I.e., Charles - and cannot bequeath the status of royal to anyone who is not a blood relation of Charles.

But they did give out knighthoods on the Queen’ birthday and New Years Honours lists. I know King Charles did this years honours. I know like Elton John and Paul McCartney are Sirs.

I need coffee. Not 100 percent awake

@Kamaji
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:10:17 am by Gefn »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3132 on: February 28, 2023, 12:42:11 pm »

But they did give out knighthoods on the Queen’ birthday and New Years Honours lists. I know King Charles did this years honours. I know like Elton John and Paul McCartney are Sirs.

I need coffee. Not 100 percent awake

@Kamaji

Yes, but the question is who has the power to create those offices.  For the most part, I believe that offices like that are now created by Parliament, even if publicly handed out by the king or queen.

That is quite different from matters of succession, which are very carefully laid out:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne

Bottom line is this:  there is probably some fishmonger's son or daughter out there would stands closer in line to the throne than Camilla ever will.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3133 on: February 28, 2023, 01:35:30 pm »
Yes, but the question is who has the power to create those offices.  For the most part, I believe that offices like that are now created by Parliament, even if publicly handed out by the king or queen.

That is quite different from matters of succession, which are very carefully laid out:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succession_to_the_British_throne

Bottom line is this:  there is probably some fishmonger's son or daughter out there would stands closer in line to the throne than Camilla ever will.

@Kamaji

I think ALL Royal famalies should require mandatory DNA testing to be made public before handing out royal titles.

Talk about something that would take ALL the "wind out the  sails" of some people who are entirely too impressed with their own station in life!

@Kamaji

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3134 on: February 28, 2023, 01:36:59 pm »

@Kamaji

I think ALL Royal famalies should require mandatory DNA testing to be made public before handing out royal titles.

Talk about something that would take ALL the "wind out the  sails" of some people who are entirely too impressed with their own station in life!

@Kamaji

:shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3135 on: February 28, 2023, 01:42:55 pm »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3136 on: February 28, 2023, 01:45:49 pm »
@Kamaji

No royal blood = no royal title

No, a quick bill in Parliament to include the individual in the line as if he/she had been in fact born into the line.

So all your proposal would do is to embarrass the heck out of everyone and provide salacious gossip to those people who have too few brains, too little money, and too much time to actually be value-add to human civilization.

Why not let the royal family be the determinant of who is, and who is not, a member of the royal family and in the line of succession, in consultation with the prime minister and cabinet?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3137 on: February 28, 2023, 01:49:33 pm »
No, a quick bill in Parliament to include the individual in the line as if he/she had been in fact born into the line.

So all your proposal would do is to embarrass the heck out of everyone and provide salacious gossip to those people who have too few brains, too little money, and too much time to actually be value-add to human civilization.

Why not let the royal family be the determinant of who is, and who is not, a member of the royal family and in the line of succession, in consultation with the prime minister and cabinet?

@Kamaji

Because DNA tests,in addition to determining family lines,would let a lot of hot air out of a lot of hot air "baloons".

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3138 on: February 28, 2023, 01:51:49 pm »
@Kamaji

Because DNA tests,in addition to determining family lines,would let a lot of hot air out of a lot of hot air "baloons".

In other words, you prefer embarrassment and damage to the sovereignty of a country over leaving those matters to be resolved in private by those best placed to resolve them.

Why not simply do the honest thing and advocate for removing all inherited heads of state and going with strictly elected heads of state?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #3139 on: February 28, 2023, 04:27:41 pm »
It was so much easier when claims to the throne could be settled in manly fashion at places like St. Albans or Bosworth field.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3140 on: February 28, 2023, 04:38:02 pm »
It was so much easier when claims to the throne could be settled in manly fashion at places like St. Albans or Bosworth field.

Though there are generational repeats, the deadliest day in my ancestral history was 9 Sep 1513, based on collaborative research, 258 of my ancestors were killed that day.  On both sides.  (Flodden)

Talk about some serious settling.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

« Reply #3141 on: February 28, 2023, 06:22:23 pm »
In other news......

*hmmmm*

Duchess dines out! Fergie is spotted leaving Loulou's in Mayfair looking chic in a check blazer
Daily Mail UK, Feb 28, 2023

Sarah Ferguson looked elegant in a check blazer as she left Loulou's in Mayfair

Sarah Ferguson looked elegant in a check blazer
as she was spotted leaving Loulou's in Mayfair on Monday

Fergie appeared to have a small rip in her
semi sheer tights as she exited the exclusive premises

Prince Andrew's ex-wife, 63, appeared in great spirits as she
left the private members club beaming

More:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11801767/Sarah-Ferguson-looks-elegant-tweed-blazer-spotted-leaving-Loulous-Mayfair.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3142 on: February 28, 2023, 10:18:26 pm »
In other words, you prefer embarrassment and damage to the sovereignty of a country over leaving those matters to be resolved in private by those best placed to resolve them.

Why not simply do the honest thing and advocate for removing all inherited heads of state and going with strictly elected heads of state?

@Kamaji

Lighten up,Lucille!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3143 on: February 28, 2023, 10:26:25 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3144 on: February 28, 2023, 10:29:58 pm »

Hey Fergi...try a little make-up and get some new pantyhose.... :smokin:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3145 on: February 28, 2023, 10:38:25 pm »
 February 28, 2023 3:34pm EST
King Charles, Camilla to break royal tradition at coronation with ‘bold move’: ‘An enormous honor’
The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and his wife, the queen consort, will be crowned on May 6

When it comes to the coronation, family comes first.

In a "bold move," the grandchildren of Camilla, queen consort, will have an official role at the upcoming ceremony, the U.K. Times recently reported. The children are expected to be by their grandmother’s side during the most sacred moment of the event, which takes place on May 6.

The 75-year-old has five grandchildren, who affectionately call her "GaGa." Her son, Tom Parker Bowles, has Lola, 15, and Freddy, 13, and her daughter, Laura Lopes, has Eliza, 15, and twins, Louis and Gus, 13.

"This idea draws attention to the king and queen’s blended family situation – theirs is a second marriage for both of them," royal commentator and broadcaster Jonathan Sacerdoti told Fox News Digital.

"Acknowledging the blended nature of their family in such an open and proud way will be seen as them actively choosing to reflect the many other blended families that increasingly make up the United Kingdom population," he shared. "These days, more and more people have stepchildren and step-grandchildren, and it will be important for them to see the royal family taking a more inclusive stance."

"The royal family is of course quite different from the rest of us, but they also reflect many of the social changes that have taken place for the wider public," Sacerdoti added.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/king-charles-camilla-break-royal-tradition-coronation-bold-move-enormous
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3146 on: February 28, 2023, 10:50:38 pm »

:pondering:

* 1st marriage grandchildren included in a solemn and legally sanctioned event?
* Who is named after maybe one of the slutiest pop stars out there?
* Inclusivity?  There's that damned word again.

Sounds more like a reality TV show than a coronation.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3147 on: March 01, 2023, 12:53:01 am »
Disclose.tv
@disclosetv
·
1m
JUST IN - King Charles is "evicting Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage, leaving them without a UK home - and offering the property to Prince Andrew" — Daily Mail
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3148 on: March 01, 2023, 12:58:31 am »
King Charles is 'evicting Harry and Meghan from Frogmore Cottage leaving them without a UK home - and offering the property to Prince Andrew'

The Palace purportedly chose to evict Harry and Meghan after release of 'Spare'
    It is said Charles wants Andrew to move into the five-bed Frogmore Cottage
    Duke of York currently resides at massive Royal Lodge despite paying peanuts

By David Averre and Elizabeth Haigh

Published: 19:38 EST, 28 February 2023 | Updated: 19:53 EST, 28 February 2023

King Charles has decided to evict Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from their royal residence at Frogmore Cottage in favour of Prince Andrew, it has been claimed.

Buckingham Palace issued an eviction notice to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex days after Harry's memoir Spare - in which he made a series of sensational claims against the Royal Family - hit UK shelves in January, according to The Sun.

Instead, the Palace seeks to replace the pair with the disgraced Duke of York, who currently inhabits the larger Royal Lodge, the paper alleges.

Andrew is said to be resisting the move, but it is said Harry and Meghan will be forced to leave the cottage - their only remaining home in the UK - and fully complete their relocation to the US irrespective of whether Andrew moves in.

The revelation comes with preparations for King Charles' Coronation in May well underway amid speculation that Prince Harry may not receive an invitation.

MailOnline has contacted Buckingham Palace and Prince Harry's representatives for comment.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11805205/King-Charles-evicting-Harry-Meghan-Frogmore-Cottage.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3149 on: March 01, 2023, 01:00:29 am »
I'm guessing H&M won't be coming to the coronation....and this incident will be covered in depth in Spare 2
Support the USO