Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332851 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3050 on: February 02, 2023, 04:45:57 pm »
Fair enough, but currencies change.

Should we still have Secretary Chase on the 1 dollar bill, just because, back in the mists of time, he was on the 1 dollar bill issued in 1862?

Or you could re-think the aussie aspects of indigenous peoples.  There are several examples of where Indians were used  on our coinage and paper money. 

The main thing I was trying to highlight that unlike the U.S., which never as a nation never was under the rule of the King/Queen of U.K.  While Austrailia OTOH, is still technically a constitutional monarchy.

That said, is the omission of Charles III a woke gesture, or a statement of intent.  Of course that is for another discussion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3051 on: February 02, 2023, 05:00:43 pm »
Or you could re-think the aussie aspects of indigenous peoples.  There are several examples of where Indians were used  on our coinage and paper money. 

The main thing I was trying to highlight that unlike the U.S., which never as a nation never was under the rule of the King/Queen of U.K.  While Austrailia OTOH, is still technically a constitutional monarchy.

That said, is the omission of Charles III a woke gesture, or a statement of intent.  Of course that is for another discussion.

Personally, I would see it as a subtle statement of intent.  Sooner or later, Australia will cease to have the British crown as their head of state.  The love for the crown that one finds in the UK is not nearly as strong, or as deep a tradition, in Australia.

The main problem, politically, as I once heard Greg Craven summarize, is that if they were to simply replace the crown with a popularly elected head of state, without amending their constitution to limit the head of state's ability to block legislation, then the government would grind to a halt in not-so-nice ways because the head of state would now have his/her own power base/constituency, whose political desires might differ from those of the current prime minister, which could cause a lot more trouble in a parliamentary system than it would in a Congressional system such as the U.S. has.

So, they may need to consider more far-reaching amendments to their constitution than simply replacing the British crown with a popularly elected head of state.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3052 on: February 02, 2023, 05:04:30 pm »
As a numismatic, I'll have to counter of how our paper and coinage is presented..... is history. 

Get back to me when Washington, and Jefferson are removed from our money.

To be replaced by Tupac and MLK Jr.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3053 on: February 02, 2023, 05:06:28 pm »
Sorry @Kamaji.  Just preparing for life without $20 bills. I will refuse them at the bank.   2-$10's will do fine

I went grocery shopping once after coming from an atm machine. Had 4 $50 dollar bills.

Most stores wouldn’t take them anymore

They don’t take anything over a 20 now..,

I think by 2100 the world will be cashless.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 05:08:20 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3054 on: February 02, 2023, 05:08:18 pm »
Wow.  Relax Francis.  All they are doing is issuing new bank notes.

@Kamaji

"The longest journey begins with a single step."

Lao Tzu

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3055 on: February 02, 2023, 05:08:29 pm »
I went grocery shopping once after coming from an atm machine. Had 4 $50 dollar bills.

That's wierd.  Any reason why?

I know most fast food joints won't take anything bigger than a $20. I understand why, but sometimes its an inconvienence.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3056 on: February 02, 2023, 05:10:56 pm »

I think it will be a lot sooner than 2100.  I am guessing more like 2050-2060.

Tucker Carlson covered that in his second block last night.  Lots of strong points on how a cashless society can easily be made compliant by its government

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3057 on: February 02, 2023, 05:11:30 pm »
Personally, I would see it as a subtle statement of intent.  Sooner or later, Australia will cease to have the British crown as their head of state.  The love for the crown that one finds in the UK is not nearly as strong, or as deep a tradition, in Australia.

@Kamaji

True dat. It will be Comrade "someone with a Chinese name."

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3058 on: February 02, 2023, 05:12:55 pm »
@Kamaji

Very true Pete.  Geography does not favor the Aussies. And trying to save them 14000 miles away will be logistically impossible.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3059 on: February 02, 2023, 05:14:06 pm »

@Gefn

Huh? Are we now expected to go grocery shopping with a backpack full of 20's?

Or,more likely,will we be restricted to credit or debit cards?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3060 on: February 02, 2023, 05:16:35 pm »
@Gefn

:yowsa: That is the goal. Cashless society.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3061 on: February 02, 2023, 05:16:53 pm »
@Gefn

More like that microchip implanted in your right hand.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3062 on: February 02, 2023, 05:58:44 pm »
@Kamaji

Highly doubtful.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3063 on: February 02, 2023, 06:29:13 pm »

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3064 on: February 02, 2023, 06:32:58 pm »
@Kamaji

Sadly,I disagree.

In and at the point the Chicoms invade with a million man force?  No one 14000 miles away is going to stop them.  Of course, by then, I am pretty sure the Chicoms will have already (in order) conquered (1) Taiwan (2) South Korea (3) Japan.

Will it happen in our lifetimes?  Guessing not.  But 22nd Century?  I'd bet..... Yes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3065 on: February 02, 2023, 06:38:07 pm »
In and at the point the Chicoms invade with a million man force? No one 14000 miles away is going to stop them.  Of course, by then, I am pretty sure the Chicoms will have already (in order) conquered (1) Taiwan (2) South Korea (3) Japan.

Will it happen in our lifetimes?  Guessing not.  But 22nd Century?  I'd bet..... Yes.

@catfish1957

They will do the same as they are doing in American,an "unarmed invasion" of immigrants who seem to have a LOT of money to spend buying up successful businesses.

Oddly enough,there will be immigrants following them into Australia,who need jobs working at the exact same industries the earlier immigrants bought!

What a coincidence!

The next step will be to buy political power by outright purchases,or MUCH younger Chinese women marrying Anglo Australian politicians.

Within 100 years you will have to look hard to find a Caucasian living there that isn't attached to the embassy.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3066 on: February 02, 2023, 06:42:00 pm »
In and at the point the Chicoms invade with a million man force?  No one 14000 miles away is going to stop them.  Of course, by then, I am pretty sure the Chicoms will have already (in order) conquered (1) Taiwan (2) South Korea (3) Japan.

They don't need to invade. If the last three years has taught us anything at all it is that all they need do is release COVID-20.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3067 on: February 02, 2023, 06:51:57 pm »
Folks, we've kind of strayed from the Royal Happenings topic, just saying.  :laugh:
(Didn't mean to usurp the mod's role, but I don't know who that is). 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 06:53:33 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3068 on: February 02, 2023, 06:54:06 pm »
Folks, we've kind of strayed from the Royal Happenings topic, just saying.  :laugh:
(Didn't mean to usurp the mod's role, but I don't know who that is).

:yowsa:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3069 on: February 02, 2023, 06:57:38 pm »
@Kamaji

Sadly,I disagree.

You're entitled to your opinion; that and $1.50 will get you a small cup of coffee from a Manhattan street vendor.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3070 on: February 02, 2023, 07:13:43 pm »
King Charles profile on British Royal Mint coinage is ugly.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3071 on: February 04, 2023, 12:41:28 am »
King Charles profile on British Royal Mint coinage is ugly.

Oof!  That’s awful!

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3072 on: February 04, 2023, 02:38:46 am »
Charles is just older.  Here's his grandfather.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3073 on: February 05, 2023, 03:29:42 pm »
Operation Harry in a hurry: Duke of Sussex may be whisked into Britain for a 48-hour Coronation visit - but without Meghan Markle

Prince Harry might fly in for brief appearance at King Charles's May coronation

By Glen Owen and Kate Mansey and Catherine Pepinster

Published: 18:47 EST, 4 February 2023 | Updated: 18:47 EST, 4 February 2023

Prince Harry could be whisked in and out of Britain for a 48-hour appearance at King Charles’s Coronation without his wife Meghan, sources said last night.

One working theory, dubbed ‘Harry in a hurry’, is that Meghan will remain behind in California to celebrate Archie’s fourth birthday while Harry flies into make a brief appearance at the event on May 6.

It was reported yesterday that both Harry and Meghan would be invited to the ceremony – but it remains unclear whether they will accept in the wake of Harry’s tell-all memoir about Royal infighting.

The report came after the revelation in last week’s Mail on Sunday that the Archbishop of Canterbury had been drawn into discussions about the couple’s invitation to the 90-minute service.

It was suggested that they might accept the invitation if they were given a prominent pew and an undertaking that Harry would not lose his Royal titles.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11714133/Operation-Harry-hurry-Duke-Sussex-whisked-Britain-48-hour-Coronation-visit.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3074 on: February 05, 2023, 03:46:15 pm »

Prince Harry might fly in for brief appearance at King Charles's May coronation

Prince Harry could be whisked in and out of Britain for a 48-hour appearance at King Charles’s Coronation without his wife Meghan, sources said last night.

It was suggested that they might accept the invitation if they were given a prominent pew and an undertaking that Harry would not lose his Royal titles.

After what came out of that silly book?  Feckless royals.  The should have cut him off at the knees.  In the world of childish toddlers like the Ginger Prince, rewarding bad behaviors, just results in.......   more bad behavior.

Cut off the titles, cut off the money.  Let him live on that flash in the pan Netflix Gig and money, until his and his wench wife evaporate it with their lavish life style.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 03:47:04 pm by catfish1957 »