Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332839 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3025 on: January 24, 2023, 10:50:05 pm »
Hmm, I used to have a hat, somewhere. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3026 on: January 24, 2023, 11:01:54 pm »
Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'

My solution to your opinions.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3027 on: January 25, 2023, 01:35:00 am »
Love it!  @Gefn

I'm leaning toward this:. 

Oh, yes, definitely.  I love that one!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3028 on: January 25, 2023, 01:55:34 am »
Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'

My solution to your opinions.
888high58888

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3029 on: January 26, 2023, 01:16:38 pm »
King Charles evicts disgraced Prince Andrew from Buckingham Palace: report

By Nika Shakhnazarova
January 26, 2023

King Charles has sensationally sent his disgraced brother Prince Andrew packing, according to reports.

The scandal-scarred royal, who was famously stripped of his royal and military honors by his late mother, Queen Elizabeth II, has been told to find a new place to live immediately, The Sun reports.

“The King has made it clear that Buckingham Palace is no place for Prince Andrew,” a source told the outlet of the decision, which comes just months before King Charles III’s coronation, set for May 6.

Andrew, who has had his back against the wall since his alleged friendship with disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein came to light, has been told “there is no longer any place” for him at Buckingham Palace, the official royal residence.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/king-charles-evicts-disgraced-prince-andrew-from-buckingham-palace-report/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3030 on: January 26, 2023, 01:38:16 pm »
I remember seeing Andrew is back with Fergie again. Maybe he could move into her place?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3031 on: January 26, 2023, 01:53:57 pm »
I remember seeing Andrew is back with Fergie again. Maybe he could move into her place?

Andrew also shares a 31-room Royal Lodge mansion in Windsor with his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.

You'd think they could find a room somewhere in there for him.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3032 on: January 26, 2023, 02:15:37 pm »

There is a Sarah Ferguson listed on the Epstein manifest logs.  Is it the same one?   :whistle:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3033 on: January 27, 2023, 02:29:50 pm »
Sometimes it feels like a slow goodbye to the British Monarchy. I hope Charles and William are up to the task of keeping it together.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3034 on: January 27, 2023, 02:47:32 pm »
Sometimes it feels like a slow goodbye to the British Monarchy. I hope Charles and William are up to the task of keeping it together.

I have a feeling that William will be the last monarch.  Just a gut feeling, but I think that he will ultimately shepherd the U.K. toward an elected head of state - preserving, of course, as much of the wealth for the Windsor family as possible.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3035 on: January 29, 2023, 04:01:40 pm »
Big mistake Charles...when will you learn!

Charles WANTS Harry to attend his Coronation: The King 'asks Justin Welby to broker deal allowing Duke and Meghan to be at ceremony, but William fears his brother will use the event to stage a 'stunt''... as 'monarch mulls over giving his OWN TV interview'

Charles asked the Archbishop for a deal to allow Harry to attend the Coronation
    William fears unless Harry's visit is tightly scripted, he could steal the limelight

By Glen Owen, Political Editor and Natasha Anderson

Published: 17:04 EST, 28 January 2023 | Updated: 07:45 EST, 29 January 2023

The King has asked the Archbishop of Canterbury to broker a deal to allow Harry to attend his Coronation – but has met resistance from William, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

Charles wants Justin Welby to strike an agreement with his warring sons that would allow Harry and his wife Meghan to attend the Westminster Abbey ceremony in May, senior sources close to Lambeth Palace say.

Speculation has been rife about whether the Sussexes would attend the high-profile event since they stepped away from Royal duties – and especially since the publication of Harry's tell-all memoirs, Spare, earlier this month, that contained a string of wounding attacks on senior members of the Royal Family.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11687797/King-Charles-WANTS-Harry-Meghan-attend-Coronation.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3036 on: February 02, 2023, 03:24:56 pm »
Australia to remove British monarch from banknotes

Australia will remove the British monarch from its banknotes, replacing the late Queen Elizabeth II's image on its $5 note with a design honouring Indigenous culture, the central bank said Thursday.

The decision to leave her successor King Charles III off the $5 note means no monarch would remain on Australia's paper currency.

The Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) said it would consult Indigenous people on a new design that "honours the culture and history of the First Australians".

Queen Elizabeth's death on September 8 last year was marked by public mourning in Australia, but some Indigenous groups also protested against the destructive impact of colonial Britain, calling for the abolition of the monarchy.

Australia is a constitutional monarchy, a democracy with King Charles III as its head of state. A referendum proposing a switch to a republic was narrowly defeated in 1999.

https://news.yahoo.com/australia-oust-monarch-banknotes-022459106.html

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3037 on: February 02, 2023, 03:30:50 pm »
Australia to remove British monarch from banknotes

https://news.yahoo.com/australia-oust-monarch-banknotes-022459106.html

Woke blokes.

Erasing history $5 at a time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3038 on: February 02, 2023, 03:43:30 pm »

Go for it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3039 on: February 02, 2023, 03:45:16 pm »
Woke blokes.

Erasing history $5 at a time.

Why are they erasing history?  Must one's bank notes always reflect one's head of state?  One's current head of state?

They're changing bank notes, not re-writing the history books.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3040 on: February 02, 2023, 03:46:17 pm »

Go for it.

Hey, @mountaineer ....   You what we think when people post Linzy Graham pics......
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 03:49:46 pm by catfish1957 »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3041 on: February 02, 2023, 03:49:14 pm »
Why are they erasing history?  Must one's bank notes always reflect one's head of state?  One's current head of state?

They're changing bank notes, not re-writing the history books.

As a numismatic, I'll have to counter of how our paper and coinage is presented..... is history. 

Get back to me when Washington, and Jefferson are removed from our money.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3042 on: February 02, 2023, 03:49:29 pm »

Go for it.

Or they could use some aboriginal artwork, like the "x-ray" style drawings/paintings, some of which are quite beautiful.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3043 on: February 02, 2023, 03:56:52 pm »
As a numismatic, I'll have to counter of how our paper and coinage is presented..... is history. 

My dad was a numismatic as well as a philatelist. I always ask for the pretty stamps and I have a small collection of paper money - some nice cheap singles pre Euro of a few countries. Really pretty.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3044 on: February 02, 2023, 04:00:35 pm »
My dad was a numismatic as well as a philatelist. I always ask for the pretty stamps and I have a small collection of paper money - some nice cheap singles pre Euro of a few countries. Really pretty.

We have a table here covered (under glass) with banknotes leftover from our travels.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3045 on: February 02, 2023, 04:12:11 pm »

Have they withdrawn all of the old notes, shredded them, and pretended that they never existed?

No, they have not.  They are therefore not erasing history.  They are continuing to make their own new history.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3046 on: February 02, 2023, 04:22:03 pm »
Have they withdrawn all of the old notes, shredded them, and pretended that they never existed?

No, they have not.  They are therefore not erasing history.  They are continuing to make their own new history.

Utter baloney.

Unless collected and withdrawn from circulation, you don't think the Federal Reserve/Mint  doesn't destroy our old paper money?
Almost sounds like you are advocating for the Harriet Tubman $20 note.  Is that your idea of new history? Just wait until MLK and who knows maybe even George Floyd supplants Washington and Jefferson on the $1 and $2 bills.  Andy Jackson's already going to bite the dust.  Who is next?

Do a little research first.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3047 on: February 02, 2023, 04:24:35 pm »
Utter baloney.

Unless collected and withdrawn from circulation, you don't think the Federal Reserve/Mint  doesn't destroy our old paper money?
Almost sounds like you are advocating for the Harriet Tubman $20 note.  Is that your idea of new history? Just wait until MLK and who knows maybe even George Floyd supplants Washington and Jefferson on the $1 and $2 bills.  Andy Jackson's already going to bite the dust.  Who is next?

Do a little research first.

Wow.  Relax Francis.  All they are doing is issuing new bank notes. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3048 on: February 02, 2023, 04:26:44 pm »
Wow.  Relax Francis.  All they are doing is issuing new bank notes.

Sorry @Kamaji.  Just preparing for life without $20 bills. I will refuse them at the bank.   2-$10's will do fine

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3049 on: February 02, 2023, 04:34:06 pm »
Sorry @Kamaji.  Just preparing for life without $20 bills. I will refuse them at the bank.   2-$10's will do fine

Fair enough, but currencies change.

Should we still have Secretary Chase on the 1 dollar bill, just because, back in the mists of time, he was on the 1 dollar bill issued in 1862?