Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332914 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #3000 on: January 21, 2023, 08:45:36 pm »
What a moron. Newsflash, Mr. P-whipped: fashions and styles were a bit different in the 1970s.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3001 on: January 21, 2023, 08:48:59 pm »
Okay now he's done it!

Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'

January 21, 2023 1:48pm EST
Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'
In his book, Prince Harry quips that Elvis Presley's interior designer 'must have been on acid' when decorating the Graceland estate
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

The United States' resident British royal was unimpressed with The King of Rock n' Roll's historic home, according to his recently released memoir.

In his new autobiography, "Spare," Prince Harry described being unimpressed with Graceland, former home of the late Elvis Presley.

"People variously called the house a castle, a mansion, a palace. But it reminded me of the badger sett," Prince Harry wrote. "Dark, claustrophobic. I walked around saying, ‘The King lived here, you say? Really?’"

Elvis lived at Graceland from June 26, 1957, until his death Aug. 16, 1977.

In the book, Prince Harry quipped that whoever picked out the decor of the famous residence must have been on drugs.

Prince Harry recalled, "I stood in one tiny room with loud furniture and shag carpet and thought, ‘The King’s interior designer must have been on acid.’"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-harry-scoffs-elvis-presley-graceland-suggests-interior-designer-on-acid

Pretty ironic..... questioning someone's else's taste considering his "taste" in skank women.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3002 on: January 22, 2023, 05:05:08 pm »
Pretty ironic..... questioning someone's else's taste considering his "taste" in skank women.

Apparently, it doesn't occur to him that he comes across as a wildly privileged royal who grew up in palaces, mocking someone else for not being up to his royal standards on home decor.

This guy's lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3003 on: January 22, 2023, 05:25:27 pm »
Buckingham Palace reveals details of King Charles III's coronation. What we know about the three-day celebration

In a nation struggling with a cost-of-living crisis, the coronation of Britain's King Charles III will be celebrated with pared back extravagance and even a small stray from tradition.

Here's how the three-day celebration will pan out, according to plans revealed by Buckingham Palace on Saturday.

Formal ceremony takes place on May 6

The grand coronation ceremony for King Charles and his wife Camilla will take place on the morning of Saturday, May 6.

It will take place at London's Westminster Abbey and will follow the traditional pageantry used for anointing monarchs during the past 1,000 years.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-22/king-charles-iii-coronation-buckingham-palace-celebrations/101880190
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3004 on: January 22, 2023, 05:26:37 pm »
Buckingham Palace reveals details of King Charles III's coronation. What we know about the three-day celebration

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-22/king-charles-iii-coronation-buckingham-palace-celebrations/101880190

Ok. So everyone make a note for May 6th on your calendars…pass the popcorn and enjoy the pomp, circumstance and hats.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3005 on: January 22, 2023, 05:32:31 pm »
Apparently, it doesn't occur to him that he comes across as a wildly privileged royal who grew up in palaces, mocking someone else for not being up to his royal standards on home decor.

This guy's lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Not really. He grew up living a VERY sheltered life,and only got to mingle and play with other royal children. They pretty much had to do this in order to make sure he was protected from any potential kidnapping or murder attempt. None of that was his fault.

On the other hand,by the time you are in your 40's and going bald,you need to man the bleep UP,and be held responsible for what you say and do. He is not a child anymore.  He is a privileged multi-millionaire weasel,and it's past time for someone to tell him to "Man the BLEEP up!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3006 on: January 22, 2023, 05:38:57 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Not really. He grew up living a VERY sheltered life,and only got to mingle and play with other royal children. They pretty much had to do this in order to make sure he was protected from any potential kidnapping or murder attempt. None of that was his fault.

On the other hand,by the time you are in your 40's and going bald,you need to man the bleep UP,and be held responsible for what you say and do. He is not a child anymore.  He is a privileged multi-millionaire weasel,and it's past time for someone to tell him to "Man the BLEEP up!"

Back to the original premise....

You realize he mocked Elvis as an outsider?  A foreigner mocking maybe the biggest beloved cultural American icon of the past 100 years?

That's a lose-lose in anyone's  book.   This is more than just maturity.  He isn't the brightest inbred bulb on the Windsor light fixture.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 05:41:48 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3007 on: January 22, 2023, 05:45:38 pm »
Back to the original premise....

You realize he mocked Elvis as an outsider?  A foreigner mocking maybe the biggest beloved cultural American icon of the past 100 years?

That's a lose-lose in anyone's  book.   This is more than just maturity.  He isn't the brightest inbred bulb on the Windsor light fixture.

@catfish1957

Well,you certainly have a right to think anything you want,but Elvis was nothing more than an entertainer that could do ONE thing very well,and that was entertain us before he had his "Hunka,hunka,heart attack".
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 05:46:25 pm by sneakypete »

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3008 on: January 22, 2023, 05:57:16 pm »
@catfish1957

Well,you certainly have a right to think anything you want,but Elvis was nothing more than an entertainer that could do ONE thing very well,and that was entertain us before he had his "Hunka,hunka,heart attack".

Well the same could be said about QEII, who held her postion by birthright. Think the folks in the U.K. would get a little testy if I pissed on her tomb at Westminster?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3009 on: January 22, 2023, 05:58:31 pm »
Well the same could be said about QEII, who held her postion by birthright. Think the folks in the U.K. would get a little testy if I pissed on her tomb at Westminster?

@catfish1957

I'd bet money on it,and I am NOT a gambling man.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3010 on: January 22, 2023, 06:00:52 pm »

@catfish1957

I would also bet that if Harry were to stroke out tomorrow that the Royal Family might have to hire mourners to attend his funeral.

I just don't see how there is ANY way that boy can recover his popularity after Meagan entered the picture,and it doesn't have a single damn thing to do with racism.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #3011 on: January 22, 2023, 06:22:21 pm »
@catfish1957

I would also bet that if Harry were to stroke out tomorrow that the Royal Family might have to hire mourners to attend his funeral.

I just don't see how there is ANY way that boy can recover his popularity after Meagan entered the picture,and it doesn't have a single damn thing to do with racism.

We'll sure agree on that.  Coming soon...   The Man Without a Country...  Ginger Style.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3012 on: January 24, 2023, 01:46:14 pm »
Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank expecting their second child

Princess Eugenie and her husband Jack Brooksbank are expecting their second child.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank are pleased to announce they are expecting their second child this summer.

"The family are delighted and August is very much looking forward to being a big brother."

Eugenie, 32, announced her pregnancy on social media to a flow of congratulatory comments.

https://news.sky.com/story/princess-eugenie-and-her-husband-expecting-their-second-child-12794273

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3013 on: January 24, 2023, 01:47:21 pm »
Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank expecting their second child

https://news.sky.com/story/princess-eugenie-and-her-husband-expecting-their-second-child-12794273

Some happy Royal news. Congratulations to the proud parents.

She’ll be very pregnant at her uncles coronation though
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 01:48:27 pm by Gefn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3014 on: January 24, 2023, 01:57:40 pm »
Harry's six-word Coronation ultimatum to King Charles as plans unveiled
Express/UK, Jan 23, 2023

As King Charles’s Coronation looms, questions swirl around whether or not Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will attend, but the Duke has issued his father with an ultimatum. The monarch’s second son has unveiled a series of devastating allegations about Charles and the rest of his family - with the King himself painted as emotionally distant and unable to relate to his son. In an interview with ITV’s Tom Bradby, Harry, when asked if he will come to the coronation if invited, said there was “a lot that can happen between now and then”.

He then issued a six-word ultimatum to the palace, who have declined to comment on the allegations made by the Sussexes across various TV and media appearances, saying: “The ball is in their court.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1724580/royal-family-live-prince-harry-spare-army-inaccurate-claim

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:07:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #3015 on: January 24, 2023, 02:18:08 pm »
Royal Family have 'pulled a blinder' as expert destroys Harry and Meghan's 'game plan'
Express/UK,  Jan 21, 2023

More than a week after Harry's book was released, both Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace have yet to make any comment on the claimes made by the prince.

Edward Coram-James, a PR, reputation and crisis management expert and CEO of Go Up, claimed this shows the Royal Family had a strong "game plan" in place and were prepared for any such accusations, while blasting Harry and Meghan's strategy as "ill-conceived".

He told Express.co.uk: "What should the Royal Family do in response to these claims? In a word: nothing. They have pulled a blinder.

"The biggest mistake that they could make would be to respond to any of the allegations. They are simply not serious enough allegations to warrant them breaching their long held code of silence.

"Breaching that silence will imply guilt. Remaining silent gives an air of maturity and remaining above the fray. T

"The Royal family have had a game plan and, unlike the Sussexes, whose game plan has appeared ill-conceived and often strayed from, the royals have toed the line throughout."

The Royal Family will look forward to King Charles' coronation knowing that they may have taken a mild bruising, but they never came close to being on the receiving end of any knock out blows.

Pauline Maclaran, Professor of Marketing and Consumer Research at Royal Holloway University of London, praised the Royal Family for staying silent on Harry's claims and not getting mixed up in a messy battle with the Sussexes.

She told Express.co.uk: "The Royal Family are taking the right stance because the way it is going, Harry will burn himself out".

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1724161/royal-family-news-statement-prince-harry-spare-book-memoir-meghan-markle

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3016 on: January 24, 2023, 02:22:21 pm »
Ok. So everyone make a note for May 6th on your calendars…pass the popcorn and enjoy the pomp, circumstance and hats.

May 6th is also Kentucky Derby Day, so there will be a LOT of hats that day.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3017 on: January 24, 2023, 02:44:17 pm »
May 6th is also Kentucky Derby Day, so there will be a LOT of hats that day.

@Polly Ticks

I like hats, I wish we still wore them like we did back in the 40s and 50s.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3018 on: January 24, 2023, 02:46:46 pm »
@Polly Ticks

I have a few of my paternal grandmother's hats from that era. Every once in a while I'll wear one to church, just for fun. Or to the local tea parlor, before it closed down and broke my heart.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3019 on: January 24, 2023, 03:37:54 pm »
@Polly Ticks

@ Polly Ticks
I like them too! I just bought a vintage black wool to wear with my winter coat and was thinking what a shame they went out of style.  I have several that I have collected over the years.  Maybe we should start wearing them again and start a revival of the hats.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 03:38:55 pm by Texas Yellow Rose »

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3020 on: January 24, 2023, 03:43:20 pm »
@ Polly Ticks
I like them too! I just bought a vintage black wool to wear with my winter coat and was thinking what a shame they went out of style.  I have several that I have collected over the years.  Maybe we should start wearing them again and start a revival of the hats.

I like it!  We'll be trend-setters ....

like Queen Elizabeth was! (to bring this back around to the original topic.  Sorry about the sidebar, mostly.)

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #3021 on: January 24, 2023, 03:47:46 pm »
@ Polly Ticks

Yes! Let’s wear hats for the Kentucky horses and King Charles

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #3022 on: January 24, 2023, 05:02:23 pm »
888high58888

« Reply #3023 on: January 24, 2023, 10:39:35 pm »

Love it!  @Gefn

I'm leaning toward this:. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3024 on: January 24, 2023, 10:48:55 pm »

I'll have to do a little research on this... 333cleo
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34