Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332914 times)

Online mountaineer

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2975 on: January 14, 2023, 11:36:53 pm »
She’s not smart.  She is cunning, but not smart.
Conniving or scheming would be my word.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2976 on: January 14, 2023, 11:43:21 pm »
She’s not smart.  She is cunning, but not smart.

@Kamaji

I fail  to see the difference. Generally speaking,cunning people who are successful in life are people who are highly intelligent,but selfish and place ALL their focus on "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

That just makes them selfish,not stupid.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2977 on: January 14, 2023, 11:43:52 pm »
@Kamaji

I fail  to see the difference. Generally speaking,cunning people who are successful in life are people who are highly intelligent,but selfish and place ALL their focus on "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

That just makes them selfish,not stupid.

If you say so. 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2978 on: January 15, 2023, 02:10:43 am »
 Prince Harry’s ‘Spare’ sets record as fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time
By Patrick Reilly   
January 14, 2023 8:12pm

Prince Harry’s tell-all memoir “Spare” has shattered the record for the fastest-selling nonfiction book of all time.

The Duke of Sussex’s revelatory account of the royal family and his personal life sold a whopping 1.43 million copies during its first day on sale in the UK, US and Canada, according to Guinness World Records.

Harry’s book sales blew away the former record holder, “A Promised Land,” penned by former President Barack Obama, which sold 887,000 copies on its release day.

“Spare” details Prince Harry’s contentious relationships with his father, King Charles, and brother, Prince William, and problems caused by his marriage to Meghan Markle that caused him to quit the royal family in 2020.

The prince also opens up about losing his mother, Princess Diana, at the age of 12, his drinking and drug use, losing his virginity and his time serving with the British Army in Afghanistan.

“Spare” has a cover price of $36, but is widely being sold by retailers at a discount. On Amazon, the memoir was selling for $22.42 on Saturday.

“As far as we know, the only books to have sold more in their first day are those starring the other Harry (Potter),” Larry Finlay, managing director of Transworld Penguin Random House, said in a statement.

“Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows” — the final novel of J.K. Rowling’s series — currently holds the Guinness World Record for the fastest selling book of all time after it sold 8.3 million copies — or 345,833 books per hour — when it was released in July 2007.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/prince-harrys-spare-is-fastest-selling-nonfiction-book-of-all-time/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2979 on: January 15, 2023, 04:27:06 am »
On the plus side for him, there's the $$.  Although the $100M Netflix deal sort of took care of that.

But on the downside, this becoming a cash grab makes it look much more like selling your family out for money than whatever noble intent he has put forth.  It also could easily lead to a complete cutoff of extra funds, if any are still being paid.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 04:31:29 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline berdie

« Reply #2980 on: January 16, 2023, 11:51:20 pm »
I truly think, that at some point, this man will deeply regret his actions.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2981 on: January 17, 2023, 05:35:30 am »
On the plus side for him, there's the $$.  Although the $100M Netflix deal sort of took care of that.

$100M?

No wonder they've lost 60% of their market cap the past 18 months.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2982 on: January 17, 2023, 02:30:47 pm »

@berdie

It will happen immediately after Meagan divorces him and gets at least half of what he owns,plus child support.

That will also be the same day he realizes he no longer has an actual friends because he has burned all his bridges behind him in support of his former wife.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2983 on: January 17, 2023, 03:34:33 pm »
@berdie

It will happen immediately after Meagan divorces him and gets at least half of what he owns,plus child support.

That will also be the same day he realizes he no longer has an actual friends because he has burned all his bridges behind him in support of his former wife.

And that gives her a tremendous amount of power over him, because he's basically giving up everything else of value in his life for her.  She cracks that whip, and he has to jump.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2984 on: January 17, 2023, 03:38:05 pm »
King Charles has ‘no appetite to engage’ with Prince Harry after ‘Spare’

By Nika Shakhnazarova
January 17, 2023

King Charles III is not looking to hold any peace talks with his youngest son, Prince Harry, anytime soon, according to reports.

The father-son dynamic has been thrust into a record low for the pair following the explosive release of Harry’s tell-all memoir, “Spare.”

Amid whispers over whether or not Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, will attend his father’s coronation in May, an insider told the Evening Standard that a royal reunion is not on the cards “at this moment in time.”

“He has never been one to make quick judgments,” an insider told the outlet. “There is no appetite at this moment in time to engage.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/01/17/king-charles-has-no-appetite-to-engage-with-prince-harry-after-spare/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2985 on: January 18, 2023, 02:03:45 am »
King Charles has ‘no appetite to engage’ with Prince Harry after ‘Spare’

By Nika Shakhnazarova
January 17, 2023

King Charles III is not looking to hold any peace talks with his youngest son, Prince Harry,  ......

@Kamaji

ROFLMAO!

Do you suppose there is ANYONE who actually believes that?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #2986 on: January 18, 2023, 04:52:51 am »
It may be just a chess play, but I find  it to be 100% believable.  I have an awful sibling who has used my parents over and over throughout many years, convincing them that if they don't bail her out from her stupid decisions OMG what will happen to her children!  I could go on and on. Now my dad is windowed and elderly and at his wit's end -- finally -- he is sceptical  but she is still preying on him.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2987 on: January 18, 2023, 04:58:09 am »
It may be just a chess play, but I find  it to be 100% believable.  I have an awful sibling who has used my parents over and over throughout many years, convincing them that if they don't bail her out from her stupid decisions OMG what will happen to her children!  I could go on and on. Now my dad is windowed and elderly and at his wit's end -- finally -- he is sceptical  but she is still preying on him.

@LadyLiberty

I DO understand what you are saying,and agree this is a serious problem for many families.

BUT.......,these is not your "everyday family". People have been trying to scam and cheat them for centuries. They HAVE to be some of the most skeptical and cynical people in the world.

Yes,they DO have enormous wealth as well as influence. That is at the root of their problems.

I do NOT envy them in the slightest respect,and believe it or not,wouldn't trade places with any of them.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2988 on: January 18, 2023, 05:04:28 pm »

Yes, but it will probably take a death of either his brother or his father to bring that about.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2989 on: January 18, 2023, 08:02:30 pm »

I think Harry's hate goes so deep it's now hard-wired.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2990 on: January 19, 2023, 04:45:58 pm »
MAUREEN CALLAHAN: So Harry, what WAS it about your frostbitten 'todger' story and the betrayal of your family that turned you from American hero to zero - and into a TV laughing stock?

By Maureen Callahan For DailyMail.Com

Published: 07:39 EST, 19 January 2023 | Updated: 09:48 EST, 19 January 2023

At times it may be better, as Machiavelli wrote, to be feared than loved. Surely Prince Harry was hoping his memoir would strike fear in the hearts at Buckingham Palace. But what he likely didn't foresee?

Becoming a global laughingstock. And, in the process, diminishing his late mother's memory. Suffering crashing approval ratings. Space shuttles fall to earth less swiftly.

Imagine Harry and Meghan's pre-publication fantasies! Surely they imagined the world at their backs, outraged that Harry got the smaller bedroom at Balmoral and that Charles isn't much a hugger, doubtless agitating for the end of the monarchy while applauding Harry and Meghan for bearing such suffering so valiantly. Not since JFK Jr. would America claim its own sweet prince! Meghan would be president someday, Harry sought out by every CEO and disruptor and woke activist on the planet.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11653225/MAUREEN-CALLAHAN-Harry-turned-laughing-stock.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #2991 on: January 20, 2023, 04:40:36 am »
MAUREEN CALLAHAN: So Harry, what WAS it about your frostbitten 'todger' story and the betrayal of your family that turned you from American hero to zero - and into a TV laughing stock?

At times it may be better, as Machiavelli wrote, to be feared than loved. Surely Prince Harry was hoping his memoir would strike fear in the hearts at Buckingham Palace. But what he likely didn't foresee?

Becoming a global laughingstock. And, in the process, diminishing his late mother's memory. Suffering crashing approval ratings. Space shuttles fall to earth less swiftly.

Imagine Harry and Meghan's pre-publication fantasies! Surely they imagined the world at their backs, outraged that Harry got the smaller bedroom at Balmoral and that Charles isn't much a hugger, doubtless agitating for the end of the monarchy while applauding Harry and Meghan for bearing such suffering so valiantly. Not since JFK Jr. would America claim its own sweet prince! Meghan would be president someday, Harry sought out by every CEO and disruptor and woke activist on the planet.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11653225/MAUREEN-CALLAHAN-Harry-turned-laughing-stock.html

That pretty much nails it.  They - and in Harry in particular. - have become laughingstocks.   It will take many years to undo that, if it can even be undone at all.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 06:27:23 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2992 on: January 20, 2023, 04:50:22 am »
That pretty much nails it.  Thet - and in Harry in particular. - have become laughingstocks.   It will take many years to undo that, if it can even be undone at all.

They better run through that $100M Netflix grift slowly.

The public interest with Edward VIII faded after about 12 years, and that was a freaking abdicating sitting King.
P whipped enuch Prince now #6 in succession and fading?  The liberal media will turn on him and his wench like jackals once they aren't of interest to the public. 

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2993 on: January 20, 2023, 08:05:12 pm »

@mystery-ak

Uhhhh,his mama was a clueless bimbo that married into wealth and then proceeded to hump anything that moved.

What the HELL would he have to do to "diminish" THAT memory?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2994 on: January 20, 2023, 08:13:55 pm »
Harry, so you're on the outs with your relatives.  Join the club.

Harry, you best shag the Hell out of Meghan before she divorces you.  You were supposed to be Meghan's meal ticket; now, you're just a 50 cent McDonald's gift certificate to her.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #2995 on: January 20, 2023, 08:40:34 pm »
@mystery-ak

Uhhhh, his mama was a clueless bimbo that married into wealth and then proceeded to hump anything that moved.

:silly:

Offline berdie

« Reply #2996 on: January 20, 2023, 09:48:50 pm »
@mystery-ak

Uhhhh,his mama was a clueless bimbo that married into wealth and then proceeded to hump anything that moved.

Well, @sneakypete , I may be a little more generous toward Diana. I really think she was a young, naive, neurotic girl that thought she was going to live in a Disney Cinderella cartoon movie. It turned out, she was living in a royal family that has been much like it has been through out history. And her "Prince Charming" loved someone else.

She was beloved by the country...so yeah, Harry is hurting her.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2997 on: January 20, 2023, 10:17:51 pm »
Nolte: Harry and Meghan’s Popularity in Freefall

John Nolte20 Jan 2023199
4:52

Harry and Meghan, the Prince and Duchess of Exhibitionism, might be making money and selling books, but the cost to their popularity and legacy has been devastating.

In Harry and Meghan’s historic quest to prove they are two of history’s most narcissistic, whiny, selfish, disloyal, back-stabbing crybullies the planet has ever produced, we have been subjected to a six-hour — six hours, y’all — Netflix doc, an Oprah interview, countless other interviews, and a book that has so far sold about more than three million copies.

Please pay attention to what I write next because this is the most important point: we are not only talking about billions of dollars in national media exposure but all of that exposure has either been controlled by Harry and Meghan — book, Netflix doc, etc. — or controlled by their pals like Oprah and Stephen Colbert.

In other words, for more than a year, these two miscreants have enjoyed an astonishing amount of free and earned publicity, all of it firmly on their side. Nevertheless, their popularity numbers are still in freefall.

That’s how awful these two are.

Because the left-wing propaganda site Daily Beast is nothing if not dumb, the headline asks: “Prince Harry’s Book Is Selling Millions. Why Is He So Unpopular?”

Well, uhm, because the 3.2 million people who bought his book do not even add up to one percent of the American population.

Morons.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2023/01/20/nolte-harry-and-meghans-popularity-in-freefall/
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2998 on: January 20, 2023, 11:02:21 pm »
Nolte: Harry and Meghan’s Popularity in Freefall

John Nolte20 Jan 2023199

Because the left-wing propaganda site Daily Beast is nothing if not dumb, the headline asks: “Prince Harry’s Book Is Selling Millions. Why Is He So Unpopular?”

For the sad same reason that there is this human trait and tendency staring at traffic wrecks as we pass them (rubber-necking) 

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2999 on: January 21, 2023, 08:43:10 pm »
Okay now he's done it!

Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'

January 21, 2023 1:48pm EST
Prince Harry scoffs at Elvis Presley's Graceland, suggests interior designer was 'on acid'
In his book, Prince Harry quips that Elvis Presley's interior designer 'must have been on acid' when decorating the Graceland estate
By Timothy H.J. Nerozzi | Fox News

The United States' resident British royal was unimpressed with The King of Rock n' Roll's historic home, according to his recently released memoir.

In his new autobiography, "Spare," Prince Harry described being unimpressed with Graceland, former home of the late Elvis Presley.

"People variously called the house a castle, a mansion, a palace. But it reminded me of the badger sett," Prince Harry wrote. "Dark, claustrophobic. I walked around saying, ‘The King lived here, you say? Really?’"

Elvis lived at Graceland from June 26, 1957, until his death Aug. 16, 1977.

In the book, Prince Harry quipped that whoever picked out the decor of the famous residence must have been on drugs.

Prince Harry recalled, "I stood in one tiny room with loud furniture and shag carpet and thought, ‘The King’s interior designer must have been on acid.’"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-harry-scoffs-elvis-presley-graceland-suggests-interior-designer-on-acid
Support the USO