Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332907 times)

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2550 on: September 08, 2022, 11:02:30 pm »

https://twitter.com/samanthamarika1/status/1567967466390966272

No! Both of them have more class in their little finger than Joe and Jill ever thought about having!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2551 on: September 08, 2022, 11:17:32 pm »
Camilla becomes queen, but without the sovereign’s powers

By The Associated Press
Published: Sep. 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM CDT|Updated: 5 hours ago

LONDON (AP) — After seven decades, the United Kingdom has a new woman to call queen.

Charles’ wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will be known as Queen Consort — a title that came with Queen Elizabeth II’s blessing after years of contention, dating back to the days before she even married Prince Charles.

It wasn’t always a given that the 75-year-old Camilla would take the title, even though it gives her none of the sovereign’s powers.

While the wife of a king is traditionally crowned queen, the question of what title Camilla would hold when Charles became king had been a tricky one for many years. That was due to sensitivity about her status as his second wife — and the wave of grief that washed over Britain following the death of his former wife, Princess Diana, in a car crash in 1997.

Charles and the royal household have moved carefully on the matter, mindful of lingering public perceptions of Camilla as the “third person” that ruined the marriage between Charles and the beloved princess.

But over the decades, Camilla has won over large parts of the British public with her discretion, down-to-earth personality and loyalty to her husband.

When Camilla and Charles married in a low-key civil ceremony in 2005, she was in fact the new Princess of Wales — Diana’s title — but she styled herself the Duchess of Cornwall instead.

more
https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/09/08/camilla-becomes-queen-without-sovereigns-powers/

Diana should have been Queen....I can't stand Camilla....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

« Reply #2552 on: September 09, 2022, 12:49:36 am »

By The Associated Press
Published: Sep. 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM CDT|Updated: 5 hours ago

LONDON (AP) — After seven decades, the United Kingdom has a new woman to call queen.

Charles’ wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will be known as Queen Consort — a title that came with Queen Elizabeth II’s blessing after years of contention, dating back to the days before she even married Prince Charles.

It wasn’t always a given that the 75-year-old Camilla would take the title, even though it gives her none of the sovereign’s powers.

While the wife of a king is traditionally crowned queen, the question of what title Camilla would hold when Charles became king had been a tricky one for many years. That was due to sensitivity about her status as his second wife — and the wave of grief that washed over Britain following the death of his former wife, Princess Diana, in a car crash in 1997.

Charles and the royal household have moved carefully on the matter, mindful of lingering public perceptions of Camilla as the “third person” that ruined the marriage between Charles and the beloved princess.

But over the decades, Camilla has won over large parts of the British public with her discretion, down-to-earth personality and loyalty to her husband.

When Camilla and Charles married in a low-key civil ceremony in 2005, she was in fact the new Princess of Wales — Diana’s title — but she styled herself the Duchess of Cornwall instead.

more
https://www.fox5vegas.com/2022/09/08/camilla-becomes-queen-without-sovereigns-powers/

I'm not a fan of Camilla either, but evidently the Queen's wishes were for her to serve as Queen Consort.

The question I think everyone is wondering is how is King Charles going to deal with his snot nosed daughter-in-law and a son who has betrayed the family??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #2553 on: September 09, 2022, 12:55:22 am »

Exactly.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2554 on: September 09, 2022, 02:27:40 am »

😪
Phillip came to me today,
and said it was time to go.
I looked at him and smiled,
as i whispered that "I know"

I then turned and looked behind me,
and seen I was asleep.
All my Family were around me,
and I could hear them weep.

I gently touched each shoulder,
with Phillip by my side.
Then I turned away and walked,
with My Angel guide.

Phillip held my hand,
as he lead the way,
to a world where King's and Queens,
are Monarch's every day.

I was  given a crown to wear
or a Halo known by some.
The difference is up here,
they are worn by everyone.

I felt a sense of peace,
my reign had seen its end.
70 years I had served my Country,
as the peoples friend.

Thank you for the years,
for all your time and love.
Now I am one of two again,
in our Palace up above.

This poem I believe was written by a lady called Joanne Boyle

(I believe Duchess Kate posted it today)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

• Native Texan
« Reply #2555 on: September 09, 2022, 02:39:34 am »

I truly liked Diana when she married Prince Charles!  Who didn't?  But later, I didn't think she had what it took to become Queen.  Since then, I have grown to like Camilla. There should not have been the interference with Camilla and Charles in the very beginning ... before there was a Diana.  Their love for each other is what movies are made of.  I believe Camilla will make an excellent Queen.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2556 on: September 09, 2022, 05:15:07 am »
Prince Harry made it to Scotland to mourn the death of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, with his family, pulling up to her Balmoral castle hours after her passing, Page Six has learned.  ... NY Post

Family members arriving at Balmoral ----

The drama queen arriving at Balmoral ---

« Reply #2557 on: September 09, 2022, 05:31:06 am »

Camilla has worked very hard these past 17 years for "the firm" --- proving her love for Charles and respect for the royal brand --- earning both from the British people in return.

And remember:  Everything Markle has learned about using media photogs and sympathetic interviews to elevate herself and diminish the royal family, she learned from Diana.

• Native Texan
« Reply #2558 on: September 09, 2022, 05:38:57 am »
The drama queen arriving at Balmoral ---
**nononono*

• Native Texan
« Reply #2559 on: September 09, 2022, 05:41:59 am »
And remember:  Everything Markle has learned about using media photogs and sympathetic interviews to elevate herself and diminish the royal family, she learned from Diana.

Excellent point!  888high58888

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2560 on: September 09, 2022, 02:08:35 pm »
‘WOW’: Blue-check anti-racist feminist prof’s comments about Queen Elizabeth’s death SO hateful even Jeff Bezos calls her out
Her employer, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, made a wussy statement in response.

More at Twitchy
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2561 on: September 09, 2022, 02:11:51 pm »
Her employer, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, made a wussy statement in response.

More at Twitchy

Free expression hasn't been treated as core to the mission of higher education for years; free expression is limited to only those few ideological favorites of the left.  Everyone else is suppressed and censored.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2562 on: September 09, 2022, 04:54:29 pm »
Charles to address the nation at 6pm GMT

(A few minutes from now)

Live on BBC

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2563 on: September 10, 2022, 08:32:35 am »
Bio

I am a scholar of language learning and Black experiences in multilingualism. My primary fields of inquiry are critical applied linguistics, critical sociolinguistics, and critical discourse studies examining race, gender, sexual, and social class identities in new language learning through the multilingual journeys of African American students. I also have expertise in diversity, equity, and inclusion in instructional practices and curriculum design, language study abroad, applied linguistics as a practice of social justice, intercultural communication, and service-learning in secondary and university-level language programs.

My book "Racialized identities in second language learning: Speaking blackness in Brazil" (Routledge 2017) examines how students shape and negotiate different identities in multilingual contexts, and it proposes how a multilingual approach (e.g. translanguaging, plurilingual practice) can be utilized for effective language pedagogy. My book was the first single-authored volume of sociolinguistic analysis and critical examination of the African American experience in language learning and won the 2019 American Association for Applied Linguistics First Book Award recognizing a scholar whose first book represents outstanding work that makes an exceptional contribution to the field. My second book, a co-edited volume titled "Racial equity on college campuses: Connecting research to practice," is due to be released by SUNY Press at the end of 2021.

Yeah, I don't give a rat's patoot what she thinks about British royalty.  Her classes most likely are no-shows for the athletic department, which in itself is a misallocation of resources at a private research university.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #2564 on: September 10, 2022, 08:38:58 am »
No! Both of them have more class in their little finger than Joe and Jill ever thought about having!

Below Average Joe is an Irishman, and so it came as no surprise when he farted on Camilla. 

Online libertybele

« Reply #2565 on: September 10, 2022, 05:01:11 pm »
Explained | What will be the powers of Britain’s new monarch, King Charles III? 

...........According to the Royal Family’s official site, the monarch “has to remain strictly neutral with respect to political matters”. This was evident during the reign of Queen Elizabeth II, who rarely made her political views public. Talking about her weekly private audiences with British Prime Ministers, the late Queen had said in a 1992 documentary: “They know that one can be impartial, so to speak. I think it's rather nice to feel that one's a sort of sponge."

Political leanings aside, the monarch, during most of her 70-year reign, was actively involved in diplomatic activities in the Commonwealth and other countries, which often played a role in mending soured ties, an analysis by the Lowy Institute noted. It gave examples of multiple significant visits to strengthen ties with the United States in the years after an attempt by Britain to invade the Suez Canal, or her 2011 visit to Ireland where she admitted and regretted Britain’s involvement and actions during the 1916 East uprising.

As for the monarch’s constitutional powers or royal prerogatives, here’s the role they still play:

Appointment of Prime Minister and government: The new King will have the power to formally appoint the Prime Minister who enjoys the majority support of MPs. Once the leader of a party wins general elections, the Head of State invites them to Buckingham Palace to form the government. In case no single party achieves an overall majority after an election, by convention, the monarch appoints the individual most likely to have the confidence of the House of Commons.

The monarch also officially dissolves a government ahead of national elections, as per the advice of the Prime Minister. The power of the monarch to dissolve the Parliament of their own accord was removed with the enforcement of the Fixed-term Parliaments Act of 2011, which provided holding five-year Parliaments, with automatic dates of polling and dissolution.

The discretionary power to appoint or dismiss a Prime Minister no longer lies with the monarch. The last time a monarch dismissed a Prime Minister unilaterally was in 1834 when William IV dismissed Lord Melbourne and replaced him with Sir Robert Peel. The Constitution Unit of the UCL noted in its 2016 report that another instance of a level of discretion being exercised was witnessed when “King George V persuaded Ramsay MacDonald not to resign in 1931, when his Labour government broke up, but to head a National government dominated by the Conservatives”.

Opening the Parliament: The new King will open each Parliamentary year with the State Opening Ceremony, during which he will deliver an address about the executive's planned policies and priorities in the House of Lords. Notably, King Charles has already done this once, in May 2022, on his mother’s behalf on account of her health issues.

Assenting legislation: The sovereign gives his/her Royal Assent to the bills passed in the House of Lords and Commons but that is now essentially a rubber-stamping exercise as the last time a bill denied the Royal Assent was in 1707 by Queen Anne. Constitutional law professor Robert Blackburn was quoted by the UCL as pointing out that “the monarch’s role is limited to one of due process, and royal assent is a certificate that the bill has passed through all its established parliamentary procedures”.

Besides these roles, King Charles will also hold audiences with Prime Minister Liz Truss each Wednesday, when she will brief him on the government’s activities; he can ask to see any government paper he wishes to. According to the BBC, he will receive daily dispatches from the administration in a leather box, containing briefings of meetings, documents needing his signature and so on. The King will also be hosting Heads of State visiting the country, besides Ambassadors and High Commissioners. The sovereign also confers Knighthoods to notable personalities annually. .........

Besides the sovereign’s functions as a Head of State mentioned above, they are also the head of the armed forces, delegating power to the Prime Minister to issue orders to be executed by military officials. The King will also be head of the Church of England. The monarchy also engages in welfare or charitable activities. ................

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/explained-what-powers-will-britains-new-monarch-king-charles-iii-have/article65871099.ece

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2566 on: September 15, 2022, 12:25:28 am »
Meet Beth and Bluebell: The newest residents of Buckingham Palace

As King Charles III and his wife Camilla begin their reign, joining them at Buckingham Palace will be their two much-loved Jack Russell Terriers, Beth and Bluebell.

Like the late Queen Elizabeth II, King Charles and Camilla are huge animal lovers and it was Camilla who adopted Beth and Bluebell from the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home in London back in 2017.

In a past interview, Camilla told BBC Radio 5 Live that "The nice thing about dogs is you can sit them down, you could have a nice long conversation, you could be cross, you could be sad and they just sit looking at you wagging their tail."

Describing how Beth and Bluebell came to be a part of the family, Camilla said "Along I went to Battersea, and Beth appeared and she had just been moved from pillar to post and dumped.".......

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/meet-beth-bluebell-newest-residents-124957255.html

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2567 on: September 15, 2022, 12:57:42 am »
The PM’s cat, Larry, was from Battersea animal shelter as well.

The cat can stay at Number 10 for his/her natural life. The PM’s come and go, except for Cherie Blair, who didn’t like cats and gave that cat at the time to one of the staff.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Mouser_to_the_Cabinet_Office

Photo is of the current cat, Larry, who has been in office since 2017. He’s a handsome boy.

(Cat trivia rules)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 12:58:38 am by Gefn »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2568 on: September 15, 2022, 05:49:26 pm »
The Brits obviously don't want to play their game.

If I were Harry and Markle I would leave and go back to CA while the going is good.  Charles has wished them well, so they made their choice, let them live with the choice that they made.  If Charles was smart he would strip them of their titles after the Queen's funeral.  Now is not the time.

Pressure builds on Prince Harry as the people of Sussex petition to remove his and Meghan's titles

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were given the royal titles of Duke and Duchess of Sussex by Queen Elizabeth II following their wedding in May 2018.

Since then, Harry and Markle have faced heavy scrutiny and gave up their senior royal roles in 2020 and moved to Montecito, California. There have been several petitions made online requesting that the Duke and Duchess be stripped of their royal titles.

Royal expert Hilary Fordwich shared with Fox News Digital Meghan and Harry were "welcomed with open arms at the time" after their title appointing.

"We saw the royal wedding, we saw the outpouring from the public in support of them. She was welcomed with open arms at that time. Don't forget Prince Harry was one of the favorites. He's plummeted in the polls now but he was one of the Royal favorites."

Since the fall in rank by the public and the rise of online petitions, Harry has faced scrutiny by the media and British citizens. The Parallel Parliament filed a petition following the couple’s move to the United States with the description reading, "The title was given to them at marriage on the basis that they would be working royals serving the monarchy. As this is no longer the case, this title cannot be used for personal financial gain. It therefore has no purpose and must be removed."..............

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/pressure-builds-prince-harry-people-sussex-petition-remove-his-meghans-titles

Offline rustynail

« Reply #2569 on: September 15, 2022, 05:52:55 pm »
Put them in the Tower.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2570 on: September 15, 2022, 06:04:02 pm »
Put them in the Tower.

Even there, they'd manage to sow discord and hate.

« Reply #2571 on: September 15, 2022, 06:18:32 pm »
I hope this is the right place to post this ..... some lovely photos---

Remembering Princess Grace: Monaco's royal family share a stunning collection of photos to mark the 40th anniversary of the Hollywood star's death
Daily Mail/UK, Sep 15, 2022

Princess Monaco was otherwise known as American actress Grace Kelly, who starred in many Hollywood films
She retired from acting aged 26 to marry Prince Rainier III in April 1956 - becoming Princess of Monaco
Now 40 years on from her untimely death in 1982, new photographs have been shared of the princess

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-11215779/Monacos-royal-family-share-collection-photos-Princess-Grace.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

Online libertybele

« Reply #2572 on: September 15, 2022, 06:54:21 pm »
Put them in the Tower.

It will be interesting to see what happens.  I think this is the wrong time for Harry and Markle to be whining and making waves.

I imagine after Harry's book comes out that the call for them to be stripped of their title will be even greater.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2573 on: September 15, 2022, 10:28:39 pm »
I think this is the wrong time for Harry and Markle to be whining and making waves.

From the moment she walked in the door Meg has acted like a woke leftist radical trying to tear down the monarchy, as it offends her revolutionary sensibilities.

Meanwhile and hypocritically, she wants to be her own Queen.

It is a damn funeral, a damn funeral for the longest reigning and arguably the most beloved royal of all time, of the oldest monarchy on the face of the earth, who ruled over the once mightiest empire in history. Your petty insignificant self Meg needs to sit down and shut up.

The one that really galls me is Harry. He grew up in this and was a soldier. He knows the score. The rules were made over 100 years ago already, so it's not like anyone pulled a fast one.

The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2574 on: September 17, 2022, 03:38:09 pm »
Who is Sophie, Countess of Wessex, and what is her relationship with Kate, the Princess of Wales?

Sophie, Countess of Wessex is the wife of Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, who's Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s youngest son. She caught the attention of audiences globally after sitting next to Meghan Markle in a car during the royal procession to Westminster Abbey, but she has been a loyal member of the royal family since 1999.

According to royal expert Kinsey Schofield, when Sophie first joined the royal family she had trouble finding her footing because she bore a close resemblance to Princess Diana.

"There were constant comparisons of the women, and some royal watchers even accused Sophie of trying to ‘steal Princess Diana’s style,'" Schofield explained, adding that it was similar for Prince Andrew’s wife at the time — Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York.

Despite the initial struggles in winning the public over, the queen seemed to have accepted Sophie into the family with open arms and developed a very close relationship with her throughout the years. The queen would often refer to Sophie as her second daughter, and Sophie was the only non-blood relative at the queen’s side at Balmoral during the monarch’s final hours..............

..................Her relationship with Kate, the Princess of Wales, is quite different. They seem to have a deep respect and love for each other. Schofield explained that they both understand the complexities of marrying into the royal family and the level of patience and thick skin their roles require.

"Countess Sophie and the Princess of Wales respect and love each other deeply. Being a Windsor wife requires a lot of patience and body armor," Schofield explained.

Both Sophie and Kate keep up the elegant appearance one expects from members of the royal family. But Schofield says the two can often be seen cracking jokes and giggling with each other.

"There is so much love there," Schofield noted.

Schofield added that Sophie is a "no-nonsense" individual "but does not lack compassion." She's also "a very dedicated mother and loving wife." Edward and Sophie have two children — Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn.

"If we do, indeed, see a slimmed-down monarchy under King Charles, I would not be surprised to find Prince Edward and Sophie included in the mix," Schofield said, adding, "They are now two of the most important faces to the firm.".

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/who-sophie-countess-wessex-what-relationship-kate-princess-wales