Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332911 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2500 on: September 08, 2022, 05:39:21 pm »
King Charles and Camilla.  Things just won't be the same.  I perhaps should give them a chance, but they lack charisma and grace.

We shall see.

A very, very sad day for Britain and the Royal Family.

RIP Queen Elizabeth.

Agreed. I just started a separate thread for her. It seems like the least I could do
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2501 on: September 08, 2022, 05:39:40 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2502 on: September 08, 2022, 05:43:01 pm »
King Charles and Camilla.  Things just won't be the same.  I perhaps should give them a chance, but they lack charisma and grace.

We shall see.

A very, very sad day for Britain and the Royal Family.

RIP Queen Elizabeth.

Condolences to the family, but the replacement will be :

King Chucky III

Patron monarch of envirowhacko causes. 

Not that Chucky wants to use that name, because his two name sake predecessors are the only ones assocaited with a civil war that broke almost a 1000 years of continued royal rule.

Just sayin'.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2503 on: September 08, 2022, 05:44:59 pm »
I think ChArles will be King George VII not Charles III.

Kings named Charles had very bad luck.

Agree @catfish1957

Online libertybele

« Reply #2504 on: September 08, 2022, 05:46:48 pm »
Condolences to the family, but the replacement will be :

King Chucky III

Patron monarch of envirowhacko causes. 

Not that Chucky wants to use that name, because his two name sake predecessors are the only ones assocaited with a civil war that broke almost a 1000 years of continued royal rule.

Just sayin'.

I didn't realize that Charles was an envirowhacko, but the speech given by William at the Jubilee pointed out that he was an envirowhacko as wel.

We shall see what happens. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2505 on: September 08, 2022, 05:47:35 pm »

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1567928903481581569

The greatest Monarch in history, and the greatest of Britons. ???

Alfred?,  Edward III?, Elizabeth I?

No doubt she was an exceelent stabilizing monarch, but the best in 1300 years Piers?  Figured you knew the history of your own country better.

The fact is the empire significantly contracted during her reign. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2506 on: September 08, 2022, 05:48:01 pm »
??? So what kind of ceremony will there be for Charles and Camilla?? OR will there be one?

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2507 on: September 08, 2022, 05:48:15 pm »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online libertybele

« Reply #2508 on: September 08, 2022, 05:49:08 pm »
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 05:49:40 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2509 on: September 08, 2022, 05:49:16 pm »
??? So what kind of ceremony will there be for Charles and Camilla?? OR will there be one?

There will be one probably after the 12 days of mourning for QE2
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2510 on: September 08, 2022, 05:49:45 pm »
I didn't realize that Charles was an envirowhacko, but the speech given by William at the Jubilee pointed out that he was an envirowhacko as wel.

We shall see what happens.

With the bad press he has gotten the past 40 years, there is also a chance he as Regent might want to be a little more interactive politically.
Like you said, we will see.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2511 on: September 08, 2022, 05:52:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/michcoll/status/1567930422104915976

Amost surreal.  Think about it. The last time there was a different UK Monarch, Harry Truman was POTUS,

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2512 on: September 08, 2022, 05:52:38 pm »
There will be one probably after the 12 days of mourning for QE2

Fox reporting the coronation will be after funeral
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2513 on: September 08, 2022, 05:54:23 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2514 on: September 08, 2022, 05:55:17 pm »
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2515 on: September 08, 2022, 05:57:00 pm »
The Associated Press
@AP
Following the queen’s death, her son Charles automatically becomes king, even though the coronation might not happen for months.
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2516 on: September 08, 2022, 05:59:15 pm »
PM is making a statement.

Was she the last person besides family and doctors ro see her alive?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #2517 on: September 08, 2022, 06:01:25 pm »
PM is making a statement.

Was she the last person besides family and doctors ro see her alive?

Though frail QE2 hardly looked like someone on her death bed a few days ago.  Must have been a sudden ailment like a heart attack or stroke.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2518 on: September 08, 2022, 06:08:20 pm »
The Associated Press
@AP
Following the queen’s death, her son Charles automatically becomes king, even though the coronation might not happen for months.

I'm curious as to who will perform the coronation?  I'm sure it will be televised.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2519 on: September 08, 2022, 06:14:10 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2520 on: September 08, 2022, 06:21:52 pm »
I'm curious as to who will perform the coronation?  I'm sure it will be televised.

the head of the Anglican Church I believe

@libertybele

Online libertybele

« Reply #2521 on: September 08, 2022, 06:23:41 pm »
God forbid should something happen to both Charles and William that would make George King -- but how would that work with him being so young????

Elizabeth has been Queen for so long, it's hard to imagine Britain without her.  **nononono*

Online libertybele

« Reply #2522 on: September 08, 2022, 06:24:15 pm »
the head of the Anglican Church I believe

@libertybele

I think you are correct; perhaps the Archbishop of Canterbury?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2523 on: September 08, 2022, 06:25:46 pm »
Archbishop Of Canterbury Says 'Prayers With King And Royal Family'

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, the highest-ranking cleric in the Church of England headed by the British monarch, on Thursday said he was praying for King Charles III.

"My prayers are with The King and the Royal Family. May God draw near them and comfort them in the days, weeks and months ahead," the archbishop said in a statement on his website.

https://www.barrons.com/news/archbishop-of-canterbury-says-prayers-with-king-and-royal-family-01662660908

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2524 on: September 08, 2022, 06:28:53 pm »
Hate to use a trite expression, but it truly is the end of an era. There are so few left of the generation that served their countries fighting the Axis nations - however they could - during WWII.
US Holocaust Museum
@HolocaustMuseum
At age 14, with her nation at war with Nazi Germany, then-Princess Elizabeth gave her first radio address, urging children to be brave. At 18, she joined the war effort, training as a mechanic. As Queen, she inspired many with a life of service and left a lasting legacy.

1:47 PM · Sep 8, 2022
Al Mohler says some of the things I was thinking, though more gracefully:
The history of the world has revealed only a few lasting arguments for political legitimacy, and the most venerable of all is a hereditary monarchy. In the modern age, no monarch has been the equal of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II, in dignity and long reign. The queen’s death at her beloved Balmoral Castle marks the end of Britain’s second Elizabethan age, and the nation’s outpouring of grief is not only for the loss of their queen but the loss of the truths and principles to which she had dedicated her long life and historic reign. ...

Queen Elizabeth reigned through 15 British prime ministers—her first was Winston Churchill—and she, in herself, was the continuity of government. Her Christmas messages often revealed her explicit affirmation of Christian truth. Her personal stability and rectitude defined her dignity, and her dignity was grounded in centuries of royal duty and British history behind her. She understood herself to be the living representation of the nation and the embodiment of its legitimacy. When the nation suffered, she suffered. When the nation rejoiced, she rejoiced.

She could not look at a British coin or stamp without seeing her own image, and yet she was no Caesar. She was the head of state but not the head of government. She loved horses and, we are told, had a sense of humor. She could never understand a figure like Diana, and she appeared both disappointed and perplexed by the bizarre trajectory of her grandson, Prince Harry. There were signs she had much more hope invested in Prince William, second in line of succession. She was in absolutely no hurry to leave the throne open for Charles, but she surely knew she would have no control over who would follow her there.

Duty fell to her at such an early age, and she carried it so well, for so long, on behalf of so many. Americans sense that the British people are our near relatives and that the British monarch remains a part of our own identity. Few could have predicted, even just a century ago, that Americans would come to love a British monarch. America had respected Queen Victoria and then, to a greater and lesser degree, a succession of kings. But Americans loved Elizabeth from the start. Her death brings an end to an age, not just for the British people, but for us all.  ...
Albert Mohler in WORLD magazine
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 06:37:44 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org