Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332814 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2200 on: June 03, 2022, 03:59:02 pm »
Queen will miss Epsom Derby tomorrow, Buckingham Palace says

The Queen will not attend the Epsom Derby on Saturday, Buckingham Palace has confirmed.

The monarch, a keen racehorse owner and breeder, is expected to watch the major sporting event on television at Windsor Castle.

There had been speculation the Queen would not appear at the horse race due to the ongoing mobility issues she experienced during her two appearances on Thursday.

https://news.sky.com/story/queen-will-not-attend-epsom-derby-tomorrow-buckingham-palace-confirms-12627145
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online libertybele

« Reply #2201 on: June 03, 2022, 04:00:32 pm »
Just wow. Stunning.

Indeed.  I don't think I've ever seen Kate wear anything that didn't compliment her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2202 on: June 03, 2022, 04:01:40 pm »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2203 on: June 03, 2022, 04:02:34 pm »

Oh boy, I hope HRH feels better. It’s not fun being sick.

Ping
@Right_in_Virginia
@mountaineer
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@Kamaji

Agreed!

Online libertybele

« Reply #2204 on: June 03, 2022, 04:26:58 pm »

Ping
@Right_in_Virginia
@mountaineer
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@Kamaji

@Gefn in what I've been sadly reading is that this Jubilee also signifies a slow transition from HRH to Charles.  God bless her.  She is 96 years old and she has proudly served for 70 years.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2205 on: June 03, 2022, 04:27:31 pm »

Ping
@Right_in_Virginia
@mountaineer
@libertybele
@mystery-ak
@Kamaji

I don't think she is sick..they were talking on FOX yesterday it was her knees...they should have brought her something to sit on when she was on the balcony to take the pressure off..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2206 on: June 03, 2022, 04:40:32 pm »
More..no photos of the kids...may not see any?

'Lilibet meets Lilibet'! The Queen 'FINALLY sees her namesake great-granddaughter for the first time' in Windsor following Harry and Meghan's lunch with senior royals

Duke and Duchess of Sussex introduced Lilibet to Queen, nicknamed Lilibet as a child, at Windsor yesterday
    It came after they attended private Royal Family lunch at Buckingham Palace following Trooping the Colour
    Harry and Meghan are expected to remain mostly low-profile over the four-day Platinum Jubilee weekend
    They will attend today's Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's - their first joint royal engagement in two years
    * Follow MailOnline's liveblog covering the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations today by clicking here *

By Mark Duell and Harry Howard For Mailonline and Rebecca English, Royal Editor For The Daily Mail

Published: 03:30 EDT, 3 June 2022 | Updated: 08:46 EDT, 3 June 2022

The Queen has reportedly met her great-granddaughter Lilibet for the first time after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle had lunch with the monarch and senior royals behind closed doors as part of Platinum Jubilee celebrations.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to have introduced their little girl to the Queen - nicknamed Lilibet as a child - yesterday at Windsor after attending a private Royal Family lunch at Buckingham Palace following Trooping the Colour.

News of the Queen's alleged meeting with Lilibet yesterday – which comes ahead of her first birthday tomorrow – was revealed on BBC Breakfast today by royal commentator Omid Scobie, who is friendly with the Sussexes.

He said: 'I think people are expecting some sort of big birthday extravagant event, that we're going to see photographs from. From what I'm told, we shouldn't expect anything. Those moments with Lilibet are very much private between them and the Queen and of course we know how much she's been looking forward to it.

'They've been held back by a pandemic. Of course the times that Harry has been here it's just been by himself for quite sombre occasions. And so this really was the first time. Of course we know the Queen went back to Windsor Castle yesterday, the couple went back to Windsor as well where they're staying at Frogmore Cottage. So that would have been the first moment or the first chance for her to meet her namesake.'

Harry and Meghan are expected to remain mostly low-profile over the four-day Jubilee weekend, with no sign of the Netflix cameras that followed them around at the Invictus Games in the Netherlands in April. But they will attend today's Service of Thanksgiving at St Paul's Cathedral - their first joint royal engagement in two years.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10881287/Platinum-Jubilee-celebrations-Queen-meets-Harry-Meghans-daughter-Lilibet-time.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #2207 on: June 03, 2022, 04:42:39 pm »
@Gefn in what I've been sadly reading is that this Jubilee also signifies a slow transition from HRH to Charles.  God bless her.  She is 96 years old and she has proudly served for 70 years.

It could also be for William as well. I read Charles blew a kiss to Kate and Charlotte today. He did not do this for Megan

Online libertybele

« Reply #2208 on: June 03, 2022, 04:47:15 pm »
It could also be for William as well. I read Charles blew a kiss to Kate and Charlotte today. He did not do this for Megan

Charles is a difficult person to read, but I think he must feel some heartache because of Harry's choices. Obviously, perhaps some embarrassment as well.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2209 on: June 03, 2022, 05:12:18 pm »

Chivalrous Charles! Sweet moment Prince of Wales blows a kiss to daughter-in-law Kate Middleton to greet her at St Paul's - before keeping Harry and Meghan at a tactful distance in carefully choreographed ceremony

Prince Charles showed a moment of warm affection towards daughter-in-law Kate Middleton, 40, at service
    As the four greeted each other inside St Paul's Cathedral Charles warmly blew Duchess of Cambridge a kiss
    However, the heir to the throne was not seen interacting with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
    Event was carefully stage-managed to keep Sussexes apart from Cambridges, Charles and Camilla 

By Helen Roberts for MailOnline

Published: 11:36 EDT, 3 June 2022 | Updated: 13:06 EDT, 3 June 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10882049/Prince-Charles-blows-kiss-daughter-law-Kate-Middleton-Service-Thanksgiving.html
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2210 on: June 03, 2022, 05:14:45 pm »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 05:15:44 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2211 on: June 03, 2022, 05:29:23 pm »
Chivalrous Charles! Sweet moment Prince of Wales blows a kiss to daughter-in-law Kate Middleton to greet her at St Paul's - before keeping Harry and Meghan at a tactful distance in carefully choreographed ceremony

Prince Charles showed a moment of warm affection towards daughter-in-law Kate Middleton, 40, at service
    As the four greeted each other inside St Paul's Cathedral Charles warmly blew Duchess of Cambridge a kiss
    However, the heir to the throne was not seen interacting with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
    Event was carefully stage-managed to keep Sussexes apart from Cambridges, Charles and Camilla 

By Helen Roberts for MailOnline

Published: 11:36 EDT, 3 June 2022 | Updated: 13:06 EDT, 3 June 2022

<iframe allowfullscreen frameborder="0" width="698" height="573" scrolling="no" id="molvideoplayer" title="MailOnline Embed Player" src="https://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/2700527.html"></iframe>

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10882049/Prince-Charles-blows-kiss-daughter-law-Kate-Middleton-Service-Thanksgiving.html

Sounds like Charles has learned a thing or two about being a Royal since his younger days.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2212 on: June 03, 2022, 08:37:38 pm »
I feel badly for the Queen and admire her. I can guarantee that if I had to "stand and deliver" like she did, I would be down for the count. And I'm not even close to her age.

If it had been me I probably would have opted to going to the horse race (which I would love) and foregoing the other hub-pub. But, of course, I'm not Queen.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2213 on: June 04, 2022, 02:13:42 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2214 on: June 04, 2022, 10:47:37 pm »
A royally good night out! Queen's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren turn out in force at the Platinum Party - but Harry and Meghan stay at home with Archie and birthday girl Lilibet
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 4, 2022

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10885195/Platinum-Party-Palace-Prince-William-Kate-lead-royal-arrivals.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:12:08 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2215 on: June 04, 2022, 10:54:19 pm »
A royally good night out! Queen's children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren turn out in force at the Platinum Party - but Harry and Meghan stay at home with Archie and birthday girl Lilibet
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 4, 2022

Gee, Harry missed out yet again.  I don't feel sorry for him in the least.  Still waiting for current pics of their kids to surface.  I'm sure they'll be posting b'day pics.  /s

« Reply #2216 on: June 04, 2022, 10:55:57 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2217 on: June 04, 2022, 10:58:59 pm »
Gee, Harry missed out yet again.  I don't feel sorry for him in the least.  Still waiting for current pics of their kids to surface.  I'm sure they'll be posting b'day pics.  /s

Those two are the most selfish people....I hope they at least let their children meet their cousins as of now only the Queen, Charles and Charles wife has seen them.

Why they couldn't have a family birthday party for the baby is beyond me...
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2218 on: June 04, 2022, 11:00:09 pm »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2219 on: June 04, 2022, 11:01:57 pm »
Oh and btw if I had caught that bitch shushing my kid their would have been hell to pay..who the hell does she think she is...sorry for the rant  9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #2220 on: June 04, 2022, 11:02:07 pm »
Those two are the most selfish people....I hope they at least let their children meet their cousins as of now only the Queen, Charles and Charles wife has seen them.

Why they couldn't have a family birthday party for the baby is beyond me...

I had read that William and Kate had other obligations, but I agree, they couldn't arrange to celebrate on a day that the family could all gather?

I couldn't agree more; Harry and Markle are selfish and both want to be the center of attention.   

« Reply #2221 on: June 04, 2022, 11:10:15 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2222 on: June 04, 2022, 11:21:55 pm »

Well, William and Kate look perfectly happy.  happy77

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2223 on: June 04, 2022, 11:28:37 pm »
Anyone for ma'amalade? Queen delights viewers with hilarious sketch sharing marmalade sandwich with Paddington Bear in Buckingham Palace before star-studded Platinum Party gets into its swing in front of watching royals and thousands on the Mall

Thousands of excited music fans started queuing early this morning in anticipation for the Party at the Palace
    Concert is the highlight of the third day of public events to mark Queen's record-breaking Platinum Jubilee
    Music acts expected to perform include Diana Ross, Elton John, Queen with Adam Lambert and George Ezra
    Pictures showed long, snaking queues with fans enjoying the festive atmosphere in the capital this evening
    Latest Platinum Jubilee news as the Queen celebrates 70 years of service

By Nick Craven and Lizzie May and Katie Feehan For Mailonline

Published: 12:32 EDT, 4 June 2022 | Updated: 19:17 EDT, 4 June 2022

The Queen has delighted millions of viewers by appearing in a surprise comic sketch with Paddington Bear to kick-start the Jubilee concert. Pictured: Queen Elizabeth II and Paddington Bear having cream tea and a marmalade at Buckingham Palace

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10884825/Ticket-holders-queue-12-hours-ahead-star-studded-Party-Palace-TONIGHT.html
Support the USO

« Reply #2224 on: June 04, 2022, 11:31:27 pm »

The Queen has delighted millions of viewers by appearing in a surprise comic sketch with Paddington Bear to kick-start
the Jubilee concert. Pictured: Queen Elizabeth II and Paddington Bear having cream tea and a marmalade at Buckingham Palace

Party of two: The Queen performed a skit for the BBC's Platinum Party at the Palace, where she and Paddington Bear
chatted before she tapped along to 'We Will Rock You' by Queen to kick start the party and star-studded concert this evening

The Queen revealed she shares Paddington's love of marmalade sandwiches and keeps an emergency stash in her trademark handbag.   :laugh:

The bear congratulated the Queen on her reign of 70 years, saying: 'Happy Jubilee Ma'am. And thank you. For everything.'

Video (of this, too) at link:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10885195/Platinum-Party-Palace-Prince-William-Kate-lead-royal-arrivals.html

« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 11:41:33 pm by Right_in_Virginia »