Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332839 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #2175 on: June 03, 2022, 10:49:55 am »
This day in Royal History, 1937,

The former King Edward VIII marries Mrs. Simpson
Having abdicated the British throne after a reign of only 326 days, the former King Edward VIII marries the twice-divorced Wallis Simpson at a French chateau. Edward's decision to choose the woman he loves over his kingdom has caused a domestic crisis, with war on Britain's horizon.

The Queen Mum, Elizabeth’s mum never forgave him for this. I can’t help but wonder if Edward VIII hadn’t abdicated, Elizabeth’s father wouldn’t have become king, and might Elizabeth had ever become queen?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2176 on: June 03, 2022, 12:30:17 pm »
Reign of fire! Queen lights first of 3,500 beacons that span the length and breadth of Britain marking her Platinum Jubilee - despite 'discomfort' after balcony appearance that has forced her to miss tomorrow’s St Paul's service
Daily Mail/UK, Jun 2, 2022

* Monarch, 96, has made third public appearance following Trooping the Colour at Buckingham Palace today
* It comes as she has pulled out of Friday's Platinum Jubilee thanksgiving service after experiencing discomfort
* But putting her mobility issues aside, she took part in a special dual ceremony with her grandson William
* She walked slowly and slightly gingerly using her by now familiar walking stick before lighting the beacon

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10879945/Queen-brushes-discomfort-light-3-500-beacons-Britain.html

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2177 on: June 03, 2022, 12:32:11 pm »

The Queen Mum, Elizabeth’s mum never forgave him for this. I can’t help but wonder if Edward VIII hadn’t abdicated, Elizabeth’s father wouldn’t have become king, and might Elizabeth had ever become queen?

If Edward hadn't abdicated, WWII might have had a very different ending, too.

« Reply #2178 on: June 03, 2022, 12:35:33 pm »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2179 on: June 03, 2022, 12:46:06 pm »

Thanks for all the pics and videos @Right_in_Virginia  What a spectacular and magnificent celebration and how awesome it is that the Queen has lived long enough to celebrate this occasion!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #2180 on: June 03, 2022, 12:48:11 pm »
Two brothers... worlds apart: Harry and William sit on opposite sides of the aisle in St Paul's in awkward reunion at jubilee service
Daily Mai/UK, Jun 3, 2022

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10881739/Prince-Harry-laughs-seat-St-Pauls-Prince-William-appears-awkward-service.html

Online libertybele

« Reply #2181 on: June 03, 2022, 01:00:30 pm »
Two brothers... worlds apart: Harry and William sit on opposite sides of the aisle in St Paul's in awkward reunion at jubilee service

More:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10881739/Prince-Harry-laughs-seat-St-Pauls-Prince-William-appears-awkward-service.html

Harry chose this division.  Such a shame.  I hope Markle is feeling the sting of how she and Harry  are an embarrassment.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2182 on: June 03, 2022, 01:01:53 pm »
Thanks for all the pics and videos @Right_in_Virginia  What a spectacular and magnificent celebration and how awesome it is that the Queen has lived long enough to celebrate this occasion!

Yes! I’m loving the photos and so happy to see them. Love the clothes and hats,
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

« Reply #2183 on: June 03, 2022, 01:14:53 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2184 on: June 03, 2022, 01:21:24 pm »
I have a feeling this will be the last time these two come back to London..lol

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle booed as popularity plummets

Not everyone was pleased to see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex back in the UK. (AP Images)

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were noticeably booed while leaving the Service of Thanksgiving on Friday. Jeers were loudly heard during the couple’s first public appearance with the royal family since they stepped back in 2020. Catcalls overpowered the bells as the couple put on a brave face.

As for Prince William and Kate Middleton, they received the loudest cheers of the morning.
Posted by Stephanie Nolasco
Fox News
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #2185 on: June 03, 2022, 01:35:33 pm »

« Reply #2186 on: June 03, 2022, 01:37:12 pm »

« Reply #2187 on: June 03, 2022, 01:44:45 pm »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:13:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #2188 on: June 03, 2022, 01:47:33 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2189 on: June 03, 2022, 02:16:41 pm »
Harry and Meghan return to their Windsor home while other senior royals mingle with guests at jubilee reception after William and Kate keep their distance at carefully stage-managed service at St Paul's Cathedral

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returned to their Windsor home of Frogmore Cottage this afternoon, leaving the rest of the Royal Family to attend a reception without them following the Service of Thanksgiving for the Queen.

The Duke of Sussex was seen smiling next to his wife while being driven in a Range Rover with another car carrying security personnel behind, after what was the couple's first joint royal engagement in two years.

They had been at St Paul's Cathedral for the service, but were kept apart from Prince William, Kate, Prince Charles and Camilla after royal aides ensured they sat on the other side of the aisle - and they later left separately.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10882197/Queens-Platinum-Jubilee-Prince-Harry-Meghan-return-Frogmore-Cottage.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2190 on: June 03, 2022, 02:18:58 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan's pal Omid Scobie insists there 'is still opportunity in the days ahead' for Lilibet to meet her cousins George, Charlotte, and Louis for the first time - after revealing Queen has FINALLY met her namesake

Scobie, 40, says door is still open for a meet-up between the Sussexes' son and daughter and their cousins, Prince William and Kate Middleton's three children
    The royal biographer told GMA that Harry and Meghan's 'priorities' on their trip to the UK were 'celebrating the Queen' and 'introducing her to their daughter'
    According to Scobie, Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, introduced Lilibet to the Queen, who was nicknamed Lilibet as a child, at Windsor on Thursday
    It came after the Sussexes attended a private Royal Family lunch at Buckingham Palace following Trooping the Colour
    Of the behind-the-scenes tensions between the Sussexes and other members of the Royal Family, Scobie said they have 'put any difficulties to one side'

By Charlie Lankston For Dailymail.com

Published: 09:40 EDT, 3 June 2022 | Updated: 10:04 EDT, 3 June 2022

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10881953/Harry-Meghans-daughter-Lilibet-meet-cousins-weekend-Omid-Scobie-claims.html
Support the USO

« Reply #2191 on: June 03, 2022, 02:23:35 pm »
Harry and Meghan return to their Windsor home while other senior royals mingle with guests at jubilee reception after William and Kate keep their distance at carefully stage-managed service at St Paul's Cathedral

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10882197/Queens-Platinum-Jubilee-Prince-Harry-Meghan-return-Frogmore-Cottage.html

I can't imagine how furious Charles and William must be with Harry ..... as he walzes back into the firm at will.

I give them credit .... if this had been my famiy, I can almost guarantee at least one chair would have been thrown during the festivities.  :laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #2192 on: June 03, 2022, 02:44:17 pm »
I have a feeling this will be the last time these two come back to London..lol

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle booed as popularity plummets

Not everyone was pleased to see the Duke and Duchess of Sussex back in the UK. (AP Images)

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were noticeably booed while leaving the Service of Thanksgiving on Friday. Jeers were loudly heard during the couple’s first public appearance with the royal family since they stepped back in 2020. Catcalls overpowered the bells as the couple put on a brave face.

As for Prince William and Kate Middleton, they received the loudest cheers of the morning.
Posted by Stephanie Nolasco
Fox News

I am glad that they were booed and rightfully so. Those two are such a disgrace to the family and to ALL the royals. (Maybe they will have the audacity to come back to visit after the Queen passes?).

Yes, cheers to William and Kate.  They are such a lovely couple!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 02:46:16 pm by libertybele »

Online libertybele

« Reply #2193 on: June 03, 2022, 02:45:18 pm »
I can't imagine how furious Charles and William must be with Harry ..... as he walzes back into the firm at will.

I give them credit .... if this had been my famiy, I can almost guarantee at least one chair would have been thrown during the festivities.  :laugh:

:beer: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2194 on: June 03, 2022, 02:45:43 pm »
I am glad that they were booed and rightfully so. Those two are such a disgrace to the family and to ALL the royals.

Yes, cheers to William and Kate.  They are such a lovely couple!

:thumbsup:

« Reply #2195 on: June 03, 2022, 03:13:14 pm »

« Reply #2196 on: June 03, 2022, 03:15:49 pm »
Nicely done .....

« Reply #2197 on: June 03, 2022, 03:20:44 pm »
Find Waldo .... um, Harry ......

Click on link & scroll the FULL (Getty) photo:  https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2022/06/03/13/58641879-10881529-image-m-266_1654260842912.jpg

Online libertybele

« Reply #2198 on: June 03, 2022, 03:27:54 pm »
Nicely done .....

Yes, I agree.  Usually I'm not a fan of what Camilla wears and I think she usually looks a little frumpy.  This outfit make her look very elegant (the shoes, though not so much  :laugh:).

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2199 on: June 03, 2022, 03:35:36 pm »
Just wow. Stunning.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org