Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333079 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1825 on: October 23, 2021, 01:02:23 am »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1826 on: October 23, 2021, 01:13:06 am »
Prince William and Kate Middleton will likely visit the U.S. in 2022 to boost their popularity, source claims

A palace insider alleged that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were impacted by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's Oprah interview

Prince William and Kate Middleton have their sights on America.

Palace insiders recently told Katie Nicholl, royal author and Vanity Fair correspondent, that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will very likely make a high-profile visit across the pond in 2022 to boost their popularity.

"[They] are aware that their popularity took a bit of a dive post the Oprah interview, and that the focus now is on getting that support back," one source told the outlet.

The couple’s last official visit to the U.S. was in December 2014. At the time, the duchess, 39, was pregnant with Princess Charlotte.

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attend the Earthshot Prize 2021 at Alexandra Palace on October 17, 2021 in London, England.

According to the outlet, it’s unknown whether the couple would visit Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in California if they were in the U.S. William, 39, did confirm that the U.S. will host the Earshot Prize ceremony next year. It first took place in London on Sunday.............

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-likely-visit-america-2022-source-claims

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #1827 on: October 23, 2021, 10:52:18 am »
@mountaineer

Well,there can be no doubt she has the ego for it.

Could she be any worse than what we currently have?  :shrug:
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1828 on: October 30, 2021, 01:21:17 am »
So, the Queen is aged and obviously her health has become a concern right now. I'm thinking we'll either see her stepping down or she will pass; she's had a very long reign.  The question is -- will Charles take over as the rightful heir or will  he abdicate the throne on to William?  William and Kate are much more popular. Charles still carries some baggage because of Diana and Camilla, well, she just doesn't have much of a royal presence.  Abdication though would involve the approval of parliament.

Queen Elizabeth II is advised to rest for at least 2 weeks and cuts back her schedule

— Queen Elizabeth II has been advised to rest for at least the next two weeks, accepting doctors' advice to cut back on her busy schedule, Buckingham Palace said Friday.

The 95-year-old monarch can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time — including some virtual audiences. But she will be unable to travel to the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, Nov. 13.

"However, it remains The Queen's firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on 14th November,'' the palace said, noting a major event on the monarch's annual calendar.

Queen Elizabeth has canceled a trip to Northern Ireland on the advice of her doctors

The decision comes just days after Elizabeth canceled her planned appearance at the U.N. climate conference in Glasgow — a move that dashed the hopes of Britain's Conservative government which is anxious to show the importance of the session to the fate of the planet. The climate conference runs from Oct. 31 to Nov. 12 and her attendance was meant to kick it off in style and splendor.................

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/29/1050527934/queen-elizabeth-rest-doctors-cuts-schedule

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1829 on: October 30, 2021, 01:25:25 am »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1830 on: October 30, 2021, 01:26:25 am »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1831 on: October 31, 2021, 03:50:10 pm »
So, the Queen is aged and obviously her health has become a concern right now. I'm thinking we'll either see her stepping down or she will pass; she's had a very long reign.  The question is -- will Charles take over as the rightful heir or will  he abdicate the throne on to William?  William and Kate are much more popular. Charles still carries some baggage because of Diana and Camilla, well, she just doesn't have much of a royal presence.  Abdication though would involve the approval of parliament.

Queen Elizabeth II is advised to rest for at least 2 weeks and cuts back her schedule

— Queen Elizabeth II has been advised to rest for at least the next two weeks, accepting doctors' advice to cut back on her busy schedule, Buckingham Palace said Friday.

The 95-year-old monarch can continue to undertake light, desk-based duties during this time — including some virtual audiences. But she will be unable to travel to the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday, Nov. 13.

"However, it remains The Queen's firm intention to be present for the National Service of Remembrance on Remembrance Sunday, on 14th November,'' the palace said, noting a major event on the monarch's annual calendar.

Queen Elizabeth has canceled a trip to Northern Ireland on the advice of her doctors

The decision comes just days after Elizabeth canceled her planned appearance at the U.N. climate conference in Glasgow — a move that dashed the hopes of Britain's Conservative government which is anxious to show the importance of the session to the fate of the planet. The climate conference runs from Oct. 31 to Nov. 12 and her attendance was meant to kick it off in style and splendor.................

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/29/1050527934/queen-elizabeth-rest-doctors-cuts-schedule

I very strongly doubt the Queen will abdicate - shades of the last monarch to abdicate are too strong - so I believe she will die in her traces.  It is what good monarchs do, after all.

I also highly doubt that Charles will abdicate, either.  Too much ego in that one.  He'll want to set his own "stamp" on the monarchy and, feeling his age, will rush to do it all at once.  Hopefully, the internal bureaucracy of the royal house will be up to the challenge of fending off the worst of his ideas.

If there is any part of the monarchy left after Charles, William will get that in due course.  Hopefully, he will be up to the challenge of repairing all the damage that will be wrought by his father.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1832 on: October 31, 2021, 03:54:38 pm »

I also highly doubt that Charles will abdicate, either.  Too much ego in that one.  He'll want to set his own "stamp" on the monarchy and, feeling his age, will rush to do it all at once.  Hopefully, the internal bureaucracy of the royal house will be up to the challenge of fending off the worst of his ideas.

I hope the UK  tires of this turd's Climate Change blather. Chucky a'int a bright bloke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1833 on: October 31, 2021, 04:36:06 pm »

I can't inagine how deeply she misses Phillip.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1834 on: October 31, 2021, 04:39:29 pm »
I hope the UK  tires of this turd's Climate Change blather. Chucky a'int a bright bloke.

@catfish1957

That ain't exactly a State Secret,so I am sure they will keep an eye on him,as well as a tight rein.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1835 on: November 03, 2021, 09:05:04 am »
Could she be any worse than what we currently have?  :shrug:
There is always room for greater failure at the bottom, even if contenders have to dig to find it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1836 on: November 03, 2021, 09:46:28 am »
I’d be fine with William and Kate.

I just can’t picture England without Elizabeth.

Next year she’ll be on the throne for 70 years. She’s been the only monarch so many people know.

(She will also be the second longest reining monarch, King Louis XIV was King for 72 years- I’d love to see Queen Elizabeth break this record)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1837 on: November 03, 2021, 09:47:52 am »
I’d be fine with William and Kate.

I just can’t picture England without Elizabeth.

Next year she’ll be on the throne for 70 years. She’s been the only monarch so many people know.

(She will also be the second longest reining monarch, King Louis XIV was King for 72 years- I’d love to see Queen Elizabeth break this record)
Sometimes I think she holds on for the Country, because most of those who follow are not of the same stuff.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1838 on: November 03, 2021, 01:00:27 pm »
Sometimes I think she holds on for the Country, because most of those who follow are not of the same stuff.

and /or knows Chucky is a blithering idiot and wants to minimize how long he reigns.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #1839 on: November 03, 2021, 01:32:47 pm »
and /or knows Chucky is a blithering idiot and wants to minimize how long he reigns.
:bingo:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1840 on: November 10, 2021, 07:11:42 pm »

Just my personal speculation, but I believe that William may have the right stuff; the real problem is what to do with Chuckie - she may be trying to outlive him, or at least have him be old enough that the damage he manages to do can be contained and repaired.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1841 on: November 11, 2021, 01:44:53 pm »
The lovely Meghan caught in a bigtime lie.
Meghan says sorry to court for forgetting book discussions
JILL LAWLESS
November 11, 2021, 4:32 AM

LONDON (AP) — The Duchess of Sussex has apologized for misleading a British court about the extent of her cooperation with the authors of a sympathetic book about her and Prince Harry.

The former Meghan Markle is embroiled in legal action in London over a newspaper’s publication of portions of a letter she wrote to her estranged father after her 2018 marriage to Harry, a grandson of Queen Elizabeth II.

She sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday and the MailOnline website for breach of privacy and copyright. A High Court judge ruled in her favor in February, saying publication of the letter Meghan wrote to her father, Thomas Markle, was “manifestly excessive and hence unlawful.”

Publisher Associated Newspapers is trying to overturn that decision at the Court of Appeal. The publisher argues that Meghan wrote the letter knowing it might be published and made private information public by cooperating with Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, authors of “Finding Freedom.” 

The duchess’ lawyers have previously denied that she or Harry collaborated with the authors. But the couple’s former communications director, Jason Knauf, said in evidence to the court that he gave the writers information, and discussed it with Harry and Meghan. ...

Associated Newspapers says Knauf’s evidence also undermines Meghan’s claim that she did not intend the letter to be seen by anyone but her father. ...
AP via Yahoo News
She wrote the letter to her father with the express intention of using it to negatively portray the man in her book - and lied about it to the court.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1842 on: November 11, 2021, 02:58:12 pm »
The lovely Meghan caught in a bigtime lie.AP via Yahoo News
She wrote the letter to her father with the express intention of using it to negatively portray the man in her book - and lied about it to the court.

Watch her flash her royal protective cred if any legal issues come up. What a slut.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1843 on: November 13, 2021, 06:22:41 pm »
How Meghan Markle wins the White House

In October, Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, made her most significant political intervention to date. She marked her fortieth birthday by writing an open letter “as a mom” to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, and asked Congress to legislate for paid family leave for new parents. Markle may have thought she was pushing at an open door: the Democrats were striving to include paid family leave in the Build Back Better Act. But this may not be the only open door Meghan is pushing at.

Seasoned observers will notice the Markle trademarks in the letter. There is the folksy appeal to her humble heritage: “I grew up on the $4.99 salad bar at Sizzler… I knew how hard my parents worked to afford this because even at five bucks, eating out was something special, and I felt lucky.” There is the sound of enormous privilege being checked ever so modestly: “Like any parents, we were overjoyed. Like many parents, we were overwhelmed. Like fewer parents, we weren’t confronted with the harsh reality of either spending those first few critical months with our baby or going back to work.”

She signed the letter “The Duchess of Sussex,” even though her husband’s grandmother has asked her not to use the title for political ends. But Meghan seems not to care about offending her in-laws: the duchess has set her sights higher than mere celebrity. After an enforced hiatus due to Covid-19, a domestic interlude which Meghan and Harry filled by producing a second child and some inspirational videos, the Sussexes are back. Her foray into lobbying in October, and her and Harry’s quasi-presidential appearance at the UN General Assembly in September, may be baby steps toward the greatest show on Earth: the White House.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/meghan-markle-wins-white-house/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1844 on: November 13, 2021, 06:52:06 pm »
There is the folksy appeal to her humble heritage: “I grew up on the $4.99 salad bar at Sizzler… I knew how hard my parents worked to afford this because even at five bucks, eating out was something special, and I felt lucky.”
She was a lot more privileged than I, then. We couldn't afford to eat out at all, except for those rare times we were traveling and could stop at a Howard Johnson's.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1845 on: November 14, 2021, 02:11:00 pm »
Queen pulls out of Remembrance Sunday service after spraining her back

CNN) — Britain's Queen Elizabeth II missed the Remembrance Sunday service in central London after spraining her back, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

"The Queen, having sprained her back, has decided this morning with great regret that she will not be able to attend today's Remembrance Sunday Service at the Cenotaph. Her Majesty is disappointed that she will miss the service," a statement said.
Prince Charles laid a wreath at the Cenotaph on the Queen's behalf, as in previous years.

Buckingham Palace had confirmed on Thursday that the 95-year-old monarch was well enough to attend the ceremony to commemorate those who have died in conflicts.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/14/uk/queen-cenotaph-gbr-intl/index.html

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1846 on: November 14, 2021, 02:11:48 pm »
She was a lot more privileged than I, then. We couldn't afford to eat out at all, except for those rare times we were traveling and could stop at a Howard Johnson's.

@mountaineer

I miss their fried clams.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1847 on: November 14, 2021, 02:26:16 pm »

When I was a young lad, we ate out often, at Iggy's Icehouse we could get five large burgers (exactly enough for our family) in a bag for $1.00, fries were $.10 per order, and soda water was $.05 each so $1.75 fed the entire family.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 03:32:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1848 on: November 14, 2021, 03:28:56 pm »
@Bigun

I recall There was a McDonald’s commercial in the 70s.

Two teenagers were on a date, and the gal orders a Big Mac, fries and a shake- for 95cents.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1849 on: December 02, 2021, 08:42:11 pm »
PIERS MORGAN: Put your gloating champagne away, Princess Pinocchio – the court of public opinion now knows you're a fork-tongued devious manipulative piece of work who only wants to protect your privacy so you can sell it

By Piers Morgan for MailOnline

Published: 12:41 EST, 2 December 2021 | Updated: 12:42 EST, 2 December 2021

'If you tell the truth,' Mark Twain once observed, 'you don't have to remember anything.'

I thought of this incontrovertible truism today when news broke that Meghan Markle had 'won' her privacy court battle with the Mail on Sunday.

Her victory response was issued within seconds, on regal notepaper adorned with a gold 'M' under a golden crown, and headlined: 'Statement from Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex.'

excerpt:
Let's be very clear about exactly what Meghan 'won' today.

The Court of Appeal decided the Mail on Sunday was not entitled to publish quite as much of her letter to her estranged father Thomas Markle's as the newspaper did.

Had they run less of it, the judges said, the Mail would have been OK.

So, she won on a point about precisely how many of her words were permissible to be reported, assuming the letter was indeed private, surely an issue for trial.

(To be precise, 585 words from a 1,250-word letter was deemed too much.)

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10268465/PIERS-MORGAN-gloating-champagne-away-Princess-Pinocchio.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34