Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 333112 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1325 on: July 19, 2020, 11:30:08 pm »
Beatrice's father Andrew wasn't there.More, plus photos, at Vogue (U.K.)

I like the dress itself, but I think that adding the puffy sleeves detracted from the dress; long sleeves yes, but the short puffy sleeves that were added makes it look less elegant.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1326 on: July 19, 2020, 11:37:24 pm »
Who gave her away?

I'm not a fan of the puffy sleeves either but I be were added since they were married in a church and straps were/are not appropriate. I also didn't like the huge hem at the bottom of the gown.

I think she needed some earrings...

Bea peeking around the corner is a very cute photo...loved it!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1327 on: July 19, 2020, 11:48:04 pm »
Who gave her away?

I'm not a fan of the puffy sleeves either but I be were added since they were married in a church and straps were/are not appropriate. I also didn't like the huge hem at the bottom of the gown.

I think she needed some earrings...

Bea peeking around the corner is a very cute photo...loved it!

I don't know.  I know that her father attended the wedding but because of all the Epstein controversy no pictures of them together were taken (or at least published).  Perhaps he walked her down the aisle??  I tried to look it up and didn't find an article giving that information.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1328 on: July 20, 2020, 12:42:42 pm »
Maybe her grandfather gave her away-Fergies’s dad? Or Prince Philip? Or her sister's husband?

Are we sure Andrew wasn’t there?

I just can’t imagine her dad not being there if he wasn’t on death’s door.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1329 on: July 20, 2020, 12:44:55 pm »
Prince Harry’s popularity plummets and many Brits see him as liability for monarchy, poll finds

PRINCE Harry’s popularity has plummeted — and many people now see him as a liability for the monarchy.

The number who think he is an asset to the nation has more than halved in the past eight years, from 75 per cent to 35 per cent.

Least popular royal is Prince Andrew, with 80 per cent branding him a liability and only four per cent believing he has something to offer.

The Queen is still by far the favourite, with 81 per cent saying she is an asset, followed by William and Kate and Prince Charles.

But the poll shows the alarming rate at which Harry’s appeal has dived.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12163783/prince-harrys-popularity-plummets-and-many-brits-see-him-as-liability-for-monarchy/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1330 on: July 20, 2020, 12:45:43 pm »
Andrew and Megan are also low in the poll....

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1331 on: July 20, 2020, 12:55:03 pm »
Prince Harry’s popularity plummets and many Brits see him as liability for monarchy, poll finds

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12163783/prince-harrys-popularity-plummets-and-many-brits-see-him-as-liability-for-monarchy/

Alas....   The Royal Gelding. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1332 on: July 25, 2020, 07:19:26 pm »
I forgot but a day or two ago, Prince George turned 7, and his mum posted darling photos.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1333 on: July 25, 2020, 11:47:05 pm »
Who gave her away?

Everything I've read says Andrew walked her down the aisle.... @mystery-ak

Prince Andrew Gave a Speech at Princess Beatrice's 'Low-Key' Wedding Reception

Princess Beatrice’s father Prince Andrew played an important role behind the scenes on her wedding day. The Duke of York, 60, walked his daughter down the aisle when she secretly wed Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in an intimate ceremony on Friday at All Saint's Chapel in Windsor Great Park.

Following the ceremony, the bride, 31, and groom, 36, kicked off the celebrations with an outdoor party attended by around 30 people on the grounds of Royal Lodge, the shared home of Beatrice’s parents, Andrew and Sarah “Fergie” Ferguson, who divorced in 1996.

https://people.com/royals/prince-andrew-gave-a-speech-at-princess-beatrcies-low-key-wedding-reception/

Prince Andrew gives Princess Beatrice away at socially-distanced royal wedding after Ghislaine Maxwell arrest
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12151139/prince-andrew-beatrice-wedding-maxwell-arrest-gives-daughter-away/

While a conclusive guest list has not yet been revealed, both Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip were present at the wedding. About 20 guests were in attendance at the wedding, including Prince Andrew who gave his daughter away.

https://www.standard.co.uk/insider/royalssociety/princess-beatrice-edoardo-mapelli-mozzi-wedding-date-venue-a4501541.html

« Reply #1334 on: July 25, 2020, 11:52:46 pm »
I forgot but a day or two ago, Prince George turned 7, and his mum posted darling photos.

@Gefn

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1335 on: July 26, 2020, 05:55:03 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks. He’s a cutie. I think he favors his grandmother’s (Diana’s) side don’t you?

« Reply #1336 on: July 26, 2020, 06:13:39 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Thanks. He’s a cutie. I think he favors his grandmother’s (Diana’s) side don’t you?

Well, now that you mention it .... I think you're right @Gefn   

But I think he also has a bit of his mom, too ... so we're going to have to watch and see how this develops  I'm afraid the only thing he may have gotten from dad is his hairline.    happy77

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 06:15:14 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1337 on: July 26, 2020, 06:21:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Only 1/4 of his genetics is ugly.  His chances were pretty good.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1338 on: August 02, 2020, 12:12:33 am »
Revealed: Queen scolded Prince Harry for using bad language towards her closest aide during a row over Meghan's Royal Wedding tiara fitting

Prince Harry flew into rage when Queen's aide couldn't meet Meghan's demand
    Meghan wanted to try on tiara that the couple had chosen for their wedding
    Harry is understood to have used offensive language about Queen's confidante
    The Queen was alerted to his outburst and put Harry 'firmly in his place'

By Emily Andrews Royal Editor For The Mail On Sunday

Published: 17:00 EDT, 1 August 2020 | Updated: 17:03 EDT, 1 August 2020

The Queen gave Prince Harry a dressing down for using offensive language about her closest aide, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The scolding came after Harry, 35, flew into a rage when the Queen's dresser and confidante Angela Kelly was unable to meet Meghan's sudden demand to visit Buckingham Palace with her hairdresser to try on a tiara that the couple had chosen for their wedding.

When it was pointed out that protocol dictates an appointment must be made to access the Queen's jewels, Harry is understood to have used offensive language about Ms Kelly as he heaped pressure on courtiers to persuade her to travel to London and unlock the cupboard where the tiara is kept.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8583967/Queen-scolded-Prince-Harry-using-bad-language-closest-aide.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

« Reply #1339 on: August 05, 2020, 07:01:28 pm »
A bonnie brooch! Cheerful Queen, 94, celebrates the Scottish Highlands by donning a gold stag pin as she arrives at Balmoral with Prince Philip for the start of their summer holiday
Daily Mail/UK, Aug 5, 2020

•The Queen, 94, and Prince Philip, 99, arrived in Scotland yesterday for the start of their summer holiday
•The royal couple boarded a private plane to Aberdeenshire and were taken by car to the Balmoral estate 
•The Queen changed en route, donning a favourite gold stag brooch and wearing a headscarf
•The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have been in isolation at Windsor Castle since the start of lockdown

The time in the Scottish countryside will be a welcome change of scenery for the couple, who have not left the grounds of Windsor Castle since March.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8594997/Queen-dons-favourite-gold-stag-brooch-Prince-Philip-arrive-Balmoral.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1340 on: August 05, 2020, 07:10:00 pm »
Prince Andrew Accused By Virginia Giuffre Of Using A Look-A-Like Sex Doll On Victims
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/05/prince-andrew-virginia-giuffre-sex-doll/
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1342 on: August 11, 2020, 11:25:58 pm »
Good grief. Meghan Markle DID take offence to Princess Michael of Kent's blackamoor brooch that she wore to Christmas lunch and thought it was 'insensitive' towards her African American heritage, biography claims, from Daily Mail.

The offending brooch:

@mountaineer

Good to know she finds her black blood/genes offensive. It can come in handy when she starts throwing the "racist" word around.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1343 on: August 12, 2020, 12:08:32 am »
I’m over Megan. I hope Harry comes to his senses and leaves her. He should have never dumped Chelsea.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1344 on: August 13, 2020, 06:48:34 pm »
Incredible!  Obviously leaving the Royal Family hasn't had much of a negative financial impact on them!  I'd say Meghan finally has her wishes; she is living like royalty without being under the rules and domination of the Royal Family.  I'm sure her momma will be moving in with them.  Harry needs to open his eyes -- home is in trust that share's a mailing address with Markle's business manager. 

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Buy $14.7 Million Montecito Compound

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have gone exceptionally grand with their California starter house, purchasing a $14.65 million estate in the heart of posh Montecito, the seaside Santa Barbara County enclave that is famously home to a slew of Hollywood heavyweights.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’ names do not appear on grant deeds related to the property — records show the estate quietly sold in mid-June to a mysterious trust with a deliberately opaque name, though the trust happens to share a mailing address with the offices of Meghan Markle’s longtime Hollywood business manager.

Public documents also reveal the buyers secured a $9.5 million mortgage to acquire the 7.4-acre compound, which is securely tucked away on a private, gated street. Despite the unquestionably hefty pricetag, it could be argued Meghan and Harry scored the property at a discount of sorts — the seller, low-profile Russian businessman Sergey Grishin, acquired the estate in 2009 for $25.3 million and had attempted to sell it many times over the past decade before finally accepting a $10 million-plus financial loss.

Built in 2003, the Mediterranean-style main house includes a trove of beige and off-white decor, plus a library, gym, separate wet and dry saunas, an elevator, arcade, game room and home theater. There’s also a detached guesthouse with two bedrooms and bathrooms; altogether, the estate boasts nearly 19,000 square feet of living space with a total of 9 bedrooms and a whopping 16 bathrooms.

Dated listings note that the property additionally offers a “tea house,” a “children’s cottage,” and exceptionally beautiful manicured grounds that boast tiered rose gardens, century-old olive trees, and tall Italian cypress trees that likely cost a small fortune to maintain. A full-size tennis court, lap-lane swimming pool, and a notably elaborate built-in children’s playset are among the numerous other outdoor amenities.............

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/meghan-markle-prince-harry-buy-065705691.html

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1345 on: August 22, 2020, 05:13:57 pm »
News of the *Royal* Grifters

Finding freebies: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle bought their new home for £11million, but buried in the pages of Finding Freedom are tantalising revelations about largesse they have received - from private jets to luxury hotel stays

Royal couple's biography Finding Freedom reveals they have received generous acts from supporters
    This includes jets loaned by Sir Elton John or loaning a billionaire's mansion while touring Australia
    The couple were snapped distributing supplies to families on behalf of a LA charity called Baby2Baby

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8652443/Finding-Freedom-reveals-largesse-royal-couple-received-jets-luxury-hotel-stays.html
Support the USO

Online corbe

« Reply #1346 on: August 24, 2020, 12:45:58 am »

*With Flotus Fashion out of the way, this is one of the last CAT Threads I haven't peed in yet.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1347 on: August 24, 2020, 01:19:21 pm »
@corbe

The Queen is almost 100, I won’t criticize her. I’d do that for anyone here too. Same with her hubby. It’s my own personal rule. Respect

And I also really like hats. I wish women still wore hats like they did in the early parts of the last century.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1348 on: August 24, 2020, 07:45:18 pm »
Piers Morgan among those urging Queen to strip Meghan Markle of royal title following US election comments

Morgan called for her title to be taken away after Markle participated in an event with When All Women Vote, an organization co-founded by former first lady Michelle Obama, telling viewers that if they “aren’t part of the solution, we’re part of the problem. If you’re complacent, you’re complicit.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/piers-morgan-among-those-urging-queen-to-strip-meghan-markle-of-royal-title-following-us-election-comments
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1349 on: August 24, 2020, 11:57:49 pm »
Piers Morgan among those urging Queen to strip Meghan Markle of royal title following US election comments

Morgan called for her title to be taken away after Markle participated in an event with When All Women Vote, an organization co-founded by former first lady Michelle Obama, telling viewers that if they “aren’t part of the solution, we’re part of the problem. If you’re complacent, you’re complicit.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/piers-morgan-among-those-urging-queen-to-strip-meghan-markle-of-royal-title-following-us-election-comments
So who is that commoner to be pushing for the removal of royal titles?  :silly: **nononono* :chairbang:

Let her keep it, and then she can be a true Royal PITA. Every family needs one... :pop41:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis