Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332907 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1075 on: January 19, 2020, 04:01:12 pm »
Piers Morgan unloads on Meghan over ‘Megxit’ details: ‘Surprised it took her so long to get Harry to ditch his family’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/19/piers-morgan-unloads-on-meghan-overmegxit-details-surprised-it-took-her-so-long-to-get-harry-to-ditch-his-family-877190

Meghan Markle’s dad says she’s cheapening Royal Family, ‘turning it into Walmart with a crown’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/19/meghan-markles-dad-says-shes-cheapening-royal-family-turning-it-into-walmart-with-a-crown-877191
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1076 on: January 19, 2020, 06:44:38 pm »

Meghan Markle’s dad says she’s cheapening Royal Family, ‘turning it into Walmart with a crown’
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/01/19/meghan-markles-dad-says-shes-cheapening-royal-family-turning-it-into-walmart-with-a-crown-877191

@mystery-ak

meghan-markles-dad-says-shes-cheapening-royal-family-turning-it-into-walmart-with-a-crown

OUCH! THAT one has to leave a mark!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1077 on: January 19, 2020, 11:13:59 pm »
Delingpole: #Megxit! Ex-Prince Harry Got Woke, Now He’s Broke…
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/01/19/delingpole-megxit-ex-prince-harry-got-woke-now-hes-broke/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #1078 on: January 20, 2020, 03:01:52 am »
There seems to be a pretty fundamental disconnect at the heart of what Harry is trying to do.

Neither he nor his wife have any real marketable skills, and neither seems inclined to work 9-5 anyway.  So, their plan for earning income seems to be leverage their names and fame into various marketing deals, etc..  But, the entire reason they (supposedly) left the royal family was a desire for more privacy.  But removing themselves from the public eye is the bane of their only marketable commodity.  The moment they're no longer famous, and there are no more paparazzi following them around is the moment their marketing ventures likely will fail.

You can't simultaneously leverage fame while becoming recluses for the sake of privacy.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:03:56 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1079 on: January 20, 2020, 03:08:00 am »
There seems to be a pretty fundamental disconnect at the heart of what Harry is trying to do.

Neither he nor his wife have any real marketable skills, and neither seems inclined to work 9-5 anyway.  So, their plan for earning income seems to be leverage their names and fame into various marketing deals, etc..  But, the entire reason they (supposedly) left the royal family was a desire for more privacy.  But removing themselves from the public eye is the bane of their only marketable commodity.  The moment they're no longer famous, and there are no more paparazzi following them around is the moment their marketing ventures likely will fail.

You can't simultaneously leverage fame while becoming recluses for the sake of privacy.

Good points...but I believe Meghan wants to be famous but not in Great Britain but Hollywood...remember acting is her forte.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1080 on: January 20, 2020, 03:14:44 am »
Good points...but I believe Meghan wants to be famous but not in Great Britain but Hollywood...remember acting is her forte.

If that's the case, then imagine when Harry comes to the realization that it wasn't fame/publicity/lack of privacy that bothered Meghan -- it was just that she wasn't the center of all that attention.

He may as well just hand in his man card and change his last name to Markle at that point.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 03:24:21 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1081 on: January 20, 2020, 03:19:33 am »
If that's the case, then imagine when Harry comes to the realization that it wasn't fame/publicity/lack of privacy that bothered Meghan -- it was just that she wasn't the center of all that attention.

He may as well just change hand in his man card and change his last name to Markle at that point.

I think you nailed it...all we can do is sit back and watch... :pop41:

Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1082 on: January 20, 2020, 08:52:33 am »

Neither he nor his wife have any real marketable skills

@Maj. Bill Martin

Not true! She really is a pretty good actress,but she IS now closing in on 40 in a field where youth and beauty dominate,and in probably THE most competitive business in the world.

Being married to a former Prince just may be the thing she needed to give her the edge she needed to stay relevant and employed as an actress the next few years.

As for Harry,he has nothing but his inheirited forture going for him now. He has shown poor judgement,and is not likely to be allowed to regain his titles. Try not to hold any pity parties for him,though. He's going to do ok once she tells him to get out.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1083 on: January 20, 2020, 08:11:06 pm »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-royals-harry/prince-harry-seeks-more-peaceful-life-as-reluctantly-ends-royal-role-idUSKBN1ZI0TF

So he's seeking a "more peaceful life".  My translation:

"I just couldn't take any more of that shrew screaming at me about her not being the center of attention at royal events.  So I gave her what she wanted, and I'm just hoping she'll shut up now."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 08:12:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1084 on: January 20, 2020, 11:10:16 pm »
WOW

PIERS MORGAN: Spare me your 'patriotic' crocodile tears, Harry - you DIDN'T have to quit. You chose to ditch the Queen, the monarchy, your military comrades and your country… to become a royal Kardashian and keep Meghan happy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7907757/PIERS-MORGAN-Spare-crocodile-tears-Harry.html
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1085 on: January 21, 2020, 02:34:00 am »
She appears to be quite pleased .... (and someday she'll learn how to carry her son)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1086 on: January 21, 2020, 02:53:15 am »
She appears to be quite pleased .... (and someday she'll learn how to carry her son)

Good thing he is in one of those baby halter....why shouldn't she be pleased...she got what she wanted and a camera is right in front of her...
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1087 on: January 21, 2020, 03:21:22 am »
WOW

PIERS MORGAN: Spare me your 'patriotic' crocodile tears, Harry - you DIDN'T have to quit. You chose to ditch the Queen, the monarchy, your military comrades and your country… to become a royal Kardashian and keep Meghan happy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7907757/PIERS-MORGAN-Spare-crocodile-tears-Harry.html

@mystery-ak

Let me see if I have this right,ok? Morgan,the punk Brit that moved to the US to seek fame and fortune is now whining about Harry moving to Canada?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1088 on: January 21, 2020, 03:25:16 am »
@mystery-ak

Let me see if I have this right,ok? Morgan,the punk Brit that moved to the US to seek fame and fortune is now whining about Harry moving to Canada?

yep
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1089 on: January 21, 2020, 03:28:30 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

Of course she is pleased. She is the center of attention,and doesn't have to share the lime light with anyone.

Online libertybele

« Reply #1090 on: January 21, 2020, 03:30:50 am »
Harry has stated that he had no other choice??  What exactly does that mean? I would be curious to know why he felt he didn't have any other choice, other than Meghan has made this choice for him.  He gave up his entire family and his military career.  Obviously his love is very deep for her, but obviously it would seem if she truly loved him, she wouldn't have expected him to give him his family for her -- a family that seemed to be accepting of her regardless of her past lifestyle, and well, her ethnicity.  Regardless of who he married, she and he would never be any further up the line of succession of "royalty". than they were. That's just the way it is and has been for centuries.  I wonder if Harry and Meghan announcing that they were leaving, were hoping to force the Queen's hand and that she would make some exceptions for them.  Perhaps when she did not, Harry then stated he was left with no other choice?  Sad.  Perhaps he was never happy with his position in the family and felt that he and his mother Princess Di -- were always slated?  I believe Meghan saw an opportunity to manipulate his already 'heavy heart' within the family because of his mother. She took advantage of that to have him all to herself -- along with his money and status.  She spit on the royal family.  Shame on her.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 03:32:43 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1091 on: January 21, 2020, 03:45:34 am »
Harry has stated that he had no other choice??  What exactly does that mean? I would be curious to know why he felt he didn't have any other choice, other than Meghan has made this choice for him.  He gave up his entire family and his military career.  Obviously his love is very deep for her, but obviously it would seem if she truly loved him, she wouldn't have expected him to give him his family for her -- a family that seemed to be accepting of her regardless of her past lifestyle, and well, her ethnicity.  Regardless of who he married, she and he would never be any further up the line of succession of "royalty". than they were. That's just the way it is and has been for centuries.  I wonder if Harry and Meghan announcing that they were leaving, were hoping to force the Queen's hand and that she would make some exceptions for them.  Perhaps when she did not, Harry then stated he was left with no other choice?  Sad.  Perhaps he was never happy with his position in the family and felt that he and his mother Princess Di -- were always slated?  I believe Meghan saw an opportunity to manipulate his already 'heavy heart' within the family because of his mother. She took advantage of that to have him all to herself -- along with his money and status.  She spit on the royal family.  Shame on her.

@libertybele I think that is dead on and my thoughts as well... I also look at her now estranged family, she is doing the same with Harry's.
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #1092 on: January 21, 2020, 04:27:58 am »
Good thing he is in one of those baby halter....why shouldn't she be pleased...she got what she wanted and a camera is right in front of her...

Absolutely - she unmanned her royal husband in front of the entire world, and he now has to follow her around.

She won.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1093 on: January 21, 2020, 04:28:56 am »
@libertybele I think that is dead on and my thoughts as well... I also look at her now estranged family, she is doing the same with Harry's.

@mystery-ak

It's not only what attention whores do,it defines them. If you hate them,they are at the center of your attention.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1094 on: January 21, 2020, 01:26:53 pm »

Cute doggies. What breeds are they? I really like the one on the right he has a beautiful face.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1095 on: January 21, 2020, 01:30:50 pm »
You know, I’m such an Anglophile I never thought I would say this, but I’m actually tired of hearing/reading about Mexit. I wish Megan and Harry (and baby Archie) a very happy life, and many happy and healthy years together. Best of luck on your future endeavors.

Now, the world is already topsy turvy right now. Let’s go back to that. Sigh. Worry. Pray.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1097 on: January 21, 2020, 02:56:17 pm »
WOW

Piers Morgan  *****rollingeyes*****

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jan/19/there-is-a-reason-why-royals-demonised-but-wont-read-all-about-it-prince-harry-meghan-markle

But trust in this third dimension is further compromised by the fact that none of the major players filtering this story for our consumption is exactly a disinterested bystander. All three of the major newspaper groups most obsessed with Harry and Meghan are themselves being sued by the couple for assorted breaches of privacy and copyright. There is, to any reasonable eyes, a glaring conflict of interest that, for the most part, goes undeclared.

Over at the Mirror Group, there is a similar shyness about allowing daylight into the activities of past executives. Former Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan, one of the most vehement critics of the royal couple, does not find time or space to let his readers or viewers know that his name crops up very many times in the generic phone-hacking litigation particulars of claims in front of Mann. Morgan may be entirely innocent, but if you spend your time pouring venom over a claimant in a case that might touch on your own conduct, you’d think there was at least an interest to declare – every single time you do it.

And then there is the further legal action by Meghan against Associated Newspapers claiming assorted breaches of copyright, privacy and data protection. The Mail on Sunday claims “huge and legitimate public interest” in publishing extracts from a private letter from Meghan to her father. We shall see, but meanwhile there’s no harm in portraying her as a ruthless hypocrite and gold-digger. If Morgan’s on hand with the vitriol, everyone’s happy.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfzu2ObrYzc

FWIW, my favorite Piers Morgan story is when Jeremy Clarkson punched him in the face after Morgan published a scurrilous story about Clarkson and his then wife.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=O435k1yfztw
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1098 on: January 21, 2020, 11:18:54 pm »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1099 on: January 22, 2020, 01:42:40 am »
Megan seems to be a Northwestern graduate, so I hope all simmers down. I repeat myself but I don't think they or she sufficiently respected the institution of Royalty.  You can't do that.