Author Topic: Royal Happenings  (Read 332839 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Royal Happenings
« Reply #1050 on: January 18, 2020, 02:37:16 am »
EXCLUSIVE: 'Meghan can finally breathe!' Friend reveals Duchess can now do what she pleases without needing permission, felt living as a royal was 'soul crushing' and didn't want Archie growing up in that 'toxic environment'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7895209/Friend-reveals-Meghan-Markle-pleases-without-asking-permission.html

Didn't want Archie growing up in a toxic environment?  Seems like the toxic one is Meghan.  She has caused the dissension in the family.  She is jealous of Kate because she will NEVER have her status nor position in the royal family -- its just the way the royal lineage works. Secondly, Archie is a part of the royal family -- but will NEVER have the status of his cousins and I'm sure that just frosted her Cheerios.

Perhaps when she was gold digging she should have done a little research instead of expecting that everyone was going to bow down to her.  I also think she had intended to play the race card too -- well that didn't quite work out either.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1051 on: January 18, 2020, 07:55:01 pm »
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit royal life COMPLETELY: Couple drop HRH titles, will REPAY £2.4m spent on Frogmore Cottage and won't receive any more taxpayers' cash as Queen says they remain 'much loved family members'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7902593/Harry-Meghan-LOSE-HRH-titles-REPAY-2-4million-public-cash.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1052 on: January 18, 2020, 08:05:20 pm »
What?

For the story, "bolthole - a place where a person can escape and hide."

HAZ ABOUT IT Prince Harry met Russian billionaire linked to £11m Canada bolt-hole at Google climate change celeb retreat
    Joe Duggan
    18 Jan 2020, 0:43Updated: 18 Jan 2020, 1:26

PRINCE HARRY met a Russian billionaire linked to his and Meghan's £11million Canada hideaway at a celebrity Google climate change retreat, it is reported.

The Duke of Sussex is said to have enjoyed a 'substantive chat' with businessman Yuri Milner at the three-day Google Camp gathering in Sicily last summer.

Harry is said to have met Russian billionaire Yuri Milner at a Google climate change retreat, with the businessman linked to the royal couple's Canada boltholeCredit: Getty Images - Getty

Mr Milner hosted a superyacht cocktail party for A-listers, who included Leonardo Di Caprio, Tom Cruise, Orlando Bloom and Harry Styles, The Daily Mail reports.

A source told the Mail Mr Milner 'likes to collect celebrities’.

Read more at:  https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10766233/prince-harry-russian-billionaire-meghan-markle/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunmaintwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1579334277

So many of these "Russian Billionaires", though, maybe this guy is basically harmless.  It does look like jetsetting though to me.

Per Mystery-ak's post:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle quit royal life COMPLETELY: Couple drop HRH titles, will REPAY £2.4m spent on Frogmore Cottage and won't receive any more taxpayers' cash as Queen says they remain 'much loved family members'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7902593/Harry-Meghan-LOSE-HRH-titles-REPAY-2-4million-public-cash.html

Katie Hopkins comments: 

https://twitter.com/KTHopkins/status/1218612862098296835

And paying for the Royal Wedding? No reimbursement?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1053 on: January 18, 2020, 08:06:02 pm »
Didn't want Archie growing up in a toxic environment?  Seems like the toxic one is Meghan.  She has caused the dissension in the family.  She is jealous of Kate because she will NEVER have her status nor position in the royal family -- its just the way the royal lineage works. Secondly, Archie is a part of the royal family -- but will NEVER have the status of his cousins and I'm sure that just frosted her Cheerios.

Perhaps when she was gold digging she should have done a little research instead of expecting that everyone was going to bow down to her.  I also think she had intended to play the race card too -- well that didn't quite work out either.

All in total agreement and well said.

Most British women, many at least, I'm sure would have welcomed being married to Harry, at first, I thought, well, he's being open-minded marrying her.  All very unfortunate.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:07:41 pm by TomSea »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1054 on: January 18, 2020, 08:26:48 pm »

I wonder if this removes Harry and his heirs from the line of succession. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1055 on: January 18, 2020, 08:28:09 pm »
Rare coin of Britain’s King Edward VIII fetches record $1.3M
 Posted: Jan 18, 2020 / 09:03 AM PST   / Updated: Jan 18, 2020 / 09:46 AM PST   

In this undated photo made available by The Royal Mint, a view of a rare Edward VIII Sovereign coin. One of the world’s most rare coins featuring the uncle of Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, has been purchased for 1 million pounds ($1.3 million) in a new record for the sale of a British coin. The historical oddity shows King Edward VIII before he abdicated the throne in 1936 in order to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson. The 22-carat gold coins were never released to the public. (The Royal Mint via AP)

LONDON (AP) — One of the world’s rarest coins, a gold piece bearing the image of Britain’s King Edward VIII before his abdication, has sold for 1 million pounds ($1.3 million), setting a new record for a British coin.

The historical oddity shows Edward, the uncle of Queen Elizabeth II, before he relinquished the throne in 1936 to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson.

More: https://www.koin.com/news/international/rare-coin-of-britains-king-edward-viii-fetches-record-price/

Too me, yes, Meghan has become one of those natural villains one runs into ever so often:

The Guardian:
Meghan gets twice as many negative headlines as positive, analysis finds
Pamela Duncan and Polly Bindman

The Duchess of Sussex gets more than twice as many negative headlines as positive ones, according to Guardian analysis of articles published between May 2018 and mid January 2019.

The analysis – which appears to support Meghan’s argument that she has faced highly critical treatment in the British press – found that of the 843 articles in 14 print newspapers since mid-May 2018, 43% were negative. Just 20% of the articles were positive, with the remaining 36% remaining neutral.

Findings hinted that claims she receives significantly more critical treatment than the Duchess of Cambridge were correct. An equivalent search for headlines in which the Duchess of Cambridge was mentioned resulted in a fraction of the results but found that of just 144 headlines over the same time period, 45% of those about Kate were positive in tone, 47% neutral and just 8% negative.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-xl/lifestyle/celebs/meghan-gets-twice-as-many-negative-headlines-as-positive-analysis-finds/ar-BBZ5a6J#image=BBZ5a6J_1|7

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1056 on: January 18, 2020, 08:35:12 pm »
I wonder if this removes Harry and his heirs from the line of succession.

Yes....Harry gave up the *Prince* title and is now a Duke..I wouldn't have given him that..QE2 is more generous than I would be....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #1057 on: January 18, 2020, 08:57:03 pm »
Too me, yes, Meghan has become one of those natural villains one runs into ever so often:

The Guardian:

Here Are 20 Headlines Comparing Meghan Markle To Kate Middleton That May Show Why She And Prince Harry Are Cutting Off Royal Reporters

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal

Yea, I know – Buzzfeed. But it makes some interesting points as to press coverage.

:shrug:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline berdie

« Reply #1058 on: January 18, 2020, 09:01:30 pm »
I hope I say this in the way I intend happy77...I think both Markle and Princess Di had very unrealistic expectations of what Royal life would be.

Charles said, Well Bye. Harry didn't. (I still think Markle is an Ono)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1059 on: January 18, 2020, 09:10:22 pm »
I hope I say this in the way I intend happy77...I think both Markle and Princess Di had very unrealistic expectations of what Royal life would be.

Charles said, Well Bye. Harry didn't. (I still think Markle is an Ono)

I think she is an Ono too...

She has alienated most of her family except for her mother and now she has managed to do the same with the Windsors...what's really a shame is that Harry and Will were very close... **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:35:50 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1060 on: January 18, 2020, 10:33:05 pm »

The Guardian:

@TomSea

The 22-carat gold coins were never released to the public. (The Royal Mint via AP)

In other words,it was stolen from the mint by a worker there,and the upper crust are pretending this is just peachy-keen because they either want it themselves,or a cut from the sale.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #1061 on: January 18, 2020, 11:00:45 pm »
I'd say give her about a year. She'll divorce Harry, sue for custody of Archie, expect alimony and she obviously has her dream home all picked out.

Meghan Markle eyes $27M Vancouver home as queen releases Sussexes from royal duties

Meghan Markle may have found a Canadian home for herself, Prince Harry and baby Archie.

Markle has been “eyeing up” a $27 million mansion in Vancouver’s ritzy Kitsilano neighborhood, The Sun reported.

The four-level, 6,800-square-foot home includes six bedrooms and bathrooms on a 12,300-square-foot waterfront property, according to the listing marketed by Daniel Tan PREC* with Angell Hasman & Associates Realty............

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1062 on: January 18, 2020, 11:09:05 pm »
I was just going to post this....

WOW...pretty good for no income...they are only getting a couple of mil from Charles and another mil or two from Diana's estate..QE2 has told them they must repay the renovations at the Cottage she gave them and I think that's over 2mil.

Only the best for the Duchess
Support the USO

Online libertybele

« Reply #1063 on: January 18, 2020, 11:17:53 pm »
I think she is an Ono too...

She has alienated most of her family except for her mother and now she has managed to do the same with the Windsors...what's really a shame is that Harry and Will were very close... **nononono*

It is a shame.  All it takes is one royal bit** to destroy a family!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1064 on: January 19, 2020, 12:14:42 am »
I was just going to post this....

WOW...pretty good for no income...they are only getting a couple of mil from Charles and another mil or two from Diana's estate..QE2 has told them they must repay the renovations at the Cottage she gave them and I think that's over 2mil.

Only the best for the Duchess

@mystery-ak

Harry was reported to have inheirited 39 Million pounds from his mother,and Megan is said to have been worth 5 million dollars when they married. She will easily pick up a couple of million on her next acting gig,and who knows how much Harry has earned from investments and just plain interest in all the years that have passed since he inherited 39 million lbs?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1065 on: January 19, 2020, 12:45:37 am »
@mystery-ak

Harry was reported to have inheirited 39 Million pounds from his mother,and Megan is said to have been worth 5 million dollars when they married. She will easily pick up a couple of million on her next acting gig,and who knows how much Harry has earned from investments and just plain interest in all the years that have passed since he inherited 39 million lbs?

They'll go through those millions like water.  They see themselves as global do-gooders and they'll have to pay for at least some of their own travel, and probably their security on these excursions, as well.  I doubt Canada or the Brits will pay for their globe trotting security when they're out in the world doing personal business.

They'll end up either doing podcasts from their water front home or quickly learn there's nothing wrong with a two bedroom cottage in the woods without gold tubs in their one bathroom.

And then there are the taxes .... with three countries in play......

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 12:47:04 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1066 on: January 19, 2020, 02:12:06 am »

They see themselves as global do-gooders and they'll have to pay for at least some of their own travel, and probably their security on these excursions, as well.

Not a chance. They will pull in a lot of money for any charity they show up to promote.

I doubt Canada or the Brits will pay for their globe trotting security when they're out in the world doing personal business.

Yeah,the Brits will pay for it. They might not want to,but Harry and Meagan  ARE the parents of a child born into nobility,and where the  baby goes,British security will go. No matter what anyone says,that IS what will happen. Plus,even if he is no longer a Prince,Harry is still a member of the British Royal Family,and a target for terrorists. I do believe he also still holds a commission in the Royal Army and can be called up for duty if necessary.

Anybody that tries to attack him,his wife,or his son is going to wish they hadn't if they are lucky enough to be in a position to wish when the attack ends.

And then there are the taxes .... with three countries in play...

They will only pay taxes in Canada because they will move their money there. They might end up paying property taxes on the house they own in England,but that's really doubtful because the line seems to be pretty blurry between what belongs to him as an individual,and what belongs to him as a member of the Royal Family,regardless of title. I THINK the Queen can just determine he doesn't own it anymore,take it back,and then rent it out to him for a dollar a year if she wants,and you can be sure she is wanting to have Harry's son to visit with. So will Prince Charles.

AFATG,does anyone in the Royal Family REALLY own any property,or does it all belong to the Queen,and she just says who can live where? I know she just gave him some property with a mansion in the countryside after he married. I don't know if that just means he and his family can live there for the rest of their lives,or if they actually own it. I strongly suspect he would hit a very serious speed bump if he put it up for sale.

Either way,I promise to work hard to not feel sorry for him and save up nickels to send to him.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 02:22:08 am by sneakypete »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1067 on: January 19, 2020, 02:33:48 am »
After googling Harry and Meghan's wealth as of now it is estimated to be about 30m but it won't last long as Megan is looking at 27m homes..lol
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1068 on: January 19, 2020, 02:41:01 am »
After googling Harry and Meghan's wealth as of now it is estimated to be about 30m but it won't last long as Megan is looking at 27m homes..lol

@mystery-ak

There was a report last week that he had inherited 39 million pounds from his mother's estate. Since he and the rest of the Royal Family basically live for free off the Royal Trust as tourist attractions and he isn't known to gamble or be a big spender,who knows what investments he has or how much that original 39 million pounds has grown into over the last 3 decades? Also,don't found that is 39 million British Pounds,NOT US dollars.

Nobody is going to be holding any fundraisers for him anytime soon.

As for Megan,she was said to have 5 million in cash and assets when she married him,and she can easily doubt that with her next movie role or tv series now that she is ex-royalty and the mother of royalty.

Speaking as someone who is worth dozens of dollars,and all of them going out to one payment or another next month,I won't be holding a pity party for them anytime soon.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #1069 on: January 19, 2020, 03:40:10 am »
"True conservtives," ironically displaying envy of the rich.

WTF has this couple done to you, to deserve such deriision?

Looking at this from a more common sense, conservative dtandpoint, perhaps they should be congradulated, from wanting to get away from the "royalty" thing.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1070 on: January 19, 2020, 04:03:22 am »
"True conservtives," ironically displaying envy of the rich.

WTF has this couple done to you, to deserve such deriision?

Looking at this from a more common sense, conservative dtandpoint, perhaps they should be congradulated, from wanting to get away from the "royalty" thing.

@truth_seeker

I don't know who that was directed towards since you didn't name any screen names,but it couldn't have been me because I honestly don't give a damn how much money or property they have. I barely care about how much money or property I have.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1071 on: January 19, 2020, 04:09:28 am »
Some would say, I would say it, it doesn't seem like she is respecting the institution of the royal family. I haven't called her a gold digger or anything but they could show some grace. I don't care what anyone says, that's how it looks to me.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1072 on: January 19, 2020, 04:34:43 am »
Some would say, I would say it, it doesn't seem like she is respecting the institution of the royal family. I haven't called her a gold digger or anything but they could show some grace. I don't care what anyone says, that's how it looks to me.

@TomSea

I don't know her,but I suspect that like many actors,she MUCH prefers fame and publicity to money. It's all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #1073 on: January 19, 2020, 05:26:21 am »
Far as I can tell this couple has done nothing but spit at Americans and took ever liberal cause they could muster. I am surprised the English liberals have not called them kulak and labeled them as exterminable. I guess that is why they toll all day to pretend to care about liberal causes.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1074 on: January 19, 2020, 06:13:05 am »
Far as I can tell this couple has done nothing but spit at Americans and took ever liberal cause they could muster. I am surprised the English liberals have not called them kulak and labeled them as exterminable. I guess that is why they toll all day to pretend to care about liberal causes.

@Sighlass

I am far from being an authority on the English ruling classes,but AFAIK,the Royal Family tries to stay clear of politics for the most part,and stick to PR work. Princess Ho,Harry's mother,broke that chain with her mindless "do-gooder" efforts. Like calling land mines "bad" for instance. Gee,and here I was thinking everybody LOVED unmarked minefields! That was really some cutting-edge stuff on her part.

Her boys fell in line with tradition,and Harry even distinguished himself in the army. Then he got P-whupped,and who knows what paths she will drag him down before she finally cuts him loose in exchange for a ring from someone richer that can further her career? After all,the fame of being a Duchess fades once it is taken from you.